2022 Playoff Discussion

CodoNamus
Pro Bowl

Re: 2022 Playoff Discussion

Postby CodoNamus » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:15 am

The only thing I can say is the cowboys best yhr nines if the refs aren't paid to make sure that doesn't happen

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:45 am

Honestly... Rodgers hasn't been that great in the playoffs other than in 2010.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:05 pm

RevanFan wrote:Honestly... Rodgers hasn't been that great in the playoffs other than in 2010.

As of last night he was the 4th highest rated post-season passer in history, 2nd highest active.

He had won a Playoff game 5 trips in a row, going all the way back to 2013.

Tough beats the last 2 years though. 2 great shots at the Super Bowl, and they totally blew it.

.. to waste a suffocating defensive performance like that??! Just shameful.

... the kicking game was an embarrassment all year. Crosby sucked, and they could have had a dozen kicks blocked. So many near misses. They got exactly what they deserved.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:11 pm

Excited to see if the Bengals can keep it going. Zac Taylor is pretty underwhelming though. They could have pounded the Raiders. Not too impressed with the playcalls. And 9 sacks yesterday? Max protect! Especially playing with the lead!

I hope Donald and Miller meet at the QB 9 times today.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:34 pm

Did anyone notice the stat where Dak and Romo are 1-3 in playoff games in their first 6 years?

I critizized Romo for being a mediocre QB and I have said that Dak didn't deserve the big contract because he hasn't proven to an above average QB.

Under Garret the Cowboys became a one dimensional team by being a passing team. This last game the cowboys became a one dimensional team by becoming a passing team.

McCarthy should be fired including Moore because the cowboys will be a one dimensional passing team under Moore.

One last thing I also thought about after the loss is what NickyJ said about AT&T stadium. That it must have been built on sacred native American land because the cowboys haven't had a lot of success at AT&T.

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:55 pm

Wow..... The #1 seed in both conferences got eliminated yesterday

The Bengals have been to the Superbowl twice..... both times they played the 49ers..... hmmmm

If you want to win the playoff challenge..... Just pick the opposite team I choose because I am really good at picking the loser..... :D ;) :( :o :oops: :x

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:57 pm

elguapo wrote:Did anyone notice the stat where Dak and Romo are 1-3 in playoff games in their first 6 years?

I critizized Romo for being a mediocre QB and I have said that Dak didn't deserve the big contract because he hasn't proven to an above average QB.

Under Garret the Cowboys became a one dimensional team by being a passing team. This last game the cowboys became a one dimensional team by becoming a passing team.

McCarthy should be fired including Moore because the cowboys will be a one dimensional passing team under Moore.

One last thing I also thought about after the loss is what NickyJ said about AT&T stadium. That it must have been built on sacred native American land because the cowboys haven't had a lot of success at AT&T.

Honestly I don't think the playcalling was the only reason they became one dimensional. You can't run if your offensive line can't open a hole to save their lives. Don't get me wrong, I no longer love Moore and I've never liked McCarthy, but still... not ALL on them.

Also, passing is the way of the modern NFL. Balance is not "run more than you pass" or "run and pass equally" anymore. Balance is "run EFFICIENTLY." And you can't do that if you can't run block.
My Cowboys Journal

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:30 pm

Well, the Rams-Bucs game turned into a roller coaster of emotions after it looked to be a blowout... wow, never count out Brady. And Rams, stop turning over the ball when you have the lead!!

With the 49ers beating the Rams twice already this year... we might just see them in the Super Bowl. Huh.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:35 pm

That was an insane weekend of playoff football!! Best one ever?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:31 am

KeepinItTeal wrote:That was an insane weekend of playoff football!! Best one ever?

After the snoozer that was the wild card round, it was a welcome weekend.
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “NFL Football”