Washington Commanders confirmed

Washington Commanders confirmed

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Washington Commanders confirmed

Postby RevanFan » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:00 pm

I wouldn't say it's confirmed, but it's a good sign.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

mytreds
Pro Bowl

Postby mytreds » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:41 pm

HTTR

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:42 am

Oh yes, because everything on twitter is true.... :roll:

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:31 pm

It's been all but officially announced for the past month. Most fans of the team expect it to be the Commanders. They showed a blurred out preview at the start of the month, but still showcasing the uniforms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77RCW9PW1Dw

The inept team they are, then gave an unblurred version to NBC Sports.

Wanna guess what goes in that nice little circle from the first picture?

Spoiler:

The Commanders, Commies for short, are the People's Team because we have to copy everything the Cowboys do now. We have to put stars on our uniforms because the Cowboys do, we have to call ourselves the People's Team because the Cowboys probably have America's Team trademarked and Dan Snyder desperately wants to copy him, and we ship our own heated benches to other teams' stadiums because that's what the Cowboys did at our stadium.

Before you say "but they can't be that dumb to publish an uncensored video", they are easily that dumb. It's the same team that retired Sean Taylor's jersey by posing his family in front of port-a-potties, and then claimed that it was "lost institutional knowledge" that caused the team to not realize fans wanted more than 3 days notice to be able to attend the game for the retirement.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:50 pm

NickyJ wrote:It's been all but officially announced for the past month. Most fans of the team expect it to be the Commanders. They showed a blurred out preview at the start of the month, but still showcasing the uniforms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77RCW9PW1Dw

The inept team they are, then gave an unblurred version to NBC Sports.

Wanna guess what goes in that nice little circle from the first picture?

Spoiler:

The Commanders, Commies for short, are the People's Team because we have to copy everything the Cowboys do now. We have to put stars on our uniforms because the Cowboys do, we have to call ourselves the People's Team because the Cowboys probably have America's Team trademarked and Dan Snyder desperately wants to copy him, and we ship our own heated benches to other teams' stadiums because that's what the Cowboys did at our stadium.

Before you say "but they can't be that dumb to publish an uncensored video", they are easily that dumb. It's the same team that retired Sean Taylor's jersey by posing his family in front of port-a-potties, and then claimed that it was "lost institutional knowledge" that caused the team to not realize fans wanted more than 3 days notice to be able to attend the game for the retirement.

I mean, as long as it's not "football team" I really don't care. You can talk how dreadfully Washington treats their fans all you want, but I don't see you giving your opinion on what you think of the logo or name. You are just saying their copying the Cowboys. Okay, but how does it look?

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:50 pm

I think the name is boring, uninteresting, uninspiring, and a let down compared to the leader among fan voting: Redwolves. The team backed out from it because the Minnesota Timberwolves stand in the way of trademarking Wolves along with Redwolves, and the People's Team couldn't let that stand, so it went to Commanders instead.

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:11 pm

Redskins.... Washington Redskins..... They can name them anything they want but for me They will always be the Washington Redskins....

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:32 am

Rixster67r wrote:Redskins.... Washington Redskins..... They can name them anything they want but for me They will always be the Washington Redskins....

Are the Kansas City Chiefs still the Dallas Texans? Are the Detroit Lions still the Portsmouth Spartans? Are the New York Yankees still the New York Highlanders? The Washington Wizards still the Washington Bullets? Tennessee Titans still the Tennessee Oilers? Tampa Bay Rays still the Devil Rays? Pelicans still the Hornets?

The old name was racist. The new name is not. Is it boring? Yes, but it's not racist. People need to get over them changing their name. They aren't the first team to do it and they won't be the last.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

PlarailGuy01
All-Pro

Postby PlarailGuy01 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:38 am

TheRareButter wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/larrylegendbtw/status/1486510570463318016?s=21

some are saying it's the Admirals, I could be wrong
I'm no longer using this account because of the name makes no sense. The new account is j4ck01 if you want to catch up with me.

Return to “NFL Football”