The future Saints qb?

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

The future Saints qb?

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:21 am

So with both Taysom Hill and Brees in a contract year things will get interesting down south.....

Lets get some opinions....

Some people believe they will stick with Drew Brees another season and try to go hoping he stays healthy and on the field.

Others (myself) believe they will sign Taysom Hill to a long term deal and he will start the majority of next season (assuming Bridgewater starts 2-3 games early in the season and falters.) Then Hill will replace him at qb and run a version of the Lamar Jackson type offense of the Ravens. If they did this with Alvin Kamara and a revamped offensive line (because their current one surely needs upgrades after the vikings destroyed them all game).....I think the Saints would have a more potent offense. I no longer believe in Brees' arm or ability and think he needs to hang them up. The injuries are taking a toll on his play and he is probably the reason the Saints offense no longer has that spark of every week piling on points on the opponent. He goes hot one game then cold the next. I think it's in Payton and the Saints best interest however sad it is to move on.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

The future Saints qb?

Sponsor

Sponsor

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Re: The future Saints qb?

Postby BUS36 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:16 am

Hill will get a new contract..Brees may also get on but it will be a 2 year deal
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:37 am

Brees and Hill stay, with Brees starting until he falls off a cliff which could be pretty soon. As for a SB chance ... I think their window was slammed shut for now. And I don't trust Payton or playoff Brees to win in the playoffs anymore.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:43 pm

Brees and Bridgewater are FAs and Hill is an RFA - and despite none of them being on the books in 2020, the Saints moved $21.5M to the 2020 to afford Brees' cap hit. It will be interesting to see how everything shakes up...
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Return to “New Orleans Saints”