Junior Seau, 1969-2012

BigDaddyCool
All-Pro

Junior Seau, 1969-2012

Postby BigDaddyCool » Wed May 02, 2012 3:26 pm

Reports are confirmed out of San Diego that Junior Seau is dead. Preliminary reports are saying that he died of a self-inlicted gunshot wound.

He was 43 years old.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junior_Seau
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... aking_news
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/juni ... ome-050212
BIGDADDYCOOL IS YA HOOKUP...HOLLA IF YA HEAR ME!!!!!!!

Junior Seau, 1969-2012

Sponsor

Sponsor

Sidelion
MVP

Re: Junior Seau, 1969-2012

Postby Sidelion » Wed May 02, 2012 3:47 pm

RIP Seau...

Most talented and flexible linebacker of our generation.
"Why do you go away? So that you can come back.
So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors.
And the people there see you differently, too."

PML17
Hall of Fame

Postby PML17 » Wed May 02, 2012 4:15 pm

R.I.P.
Retired from the Fourm. I check back in once a month, sorry in advance for late replies.

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Wed May 02, 2012 4:39 pm

It sure is a shame. My thoughts are with his family.

But I just don't think he killed himself. Who would shoot themselves in the chest to try to kill themselves? It just doesn't add up to me.
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

ycleped
Hall of Fame

Postby ycleped » Wed May 02, 2012 4:51 pm

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :o :o :o :o :o :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :o :o :o :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :!: :!: :!: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :!: :!: :!: :!:
// Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me //

ImageImage
ImageImage

ColtsFan
All-Pro

Postby ColtsFan » Wed May 02, 2012 4:53 pm

Really sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. Hope it was actually an accident.

PML17
Hall of Fame

Postby PML17 » Wed May 02, 2012 4:55 pm

NFLVICK7 wrote:It sure is a shame. My thoughts are with his family.

But I just don't think he killed himself. Who would shoot themselves in the chest to try to kill themselves? It just doesn't add up to me.

If that's the final verdict, yeah, something fishy.

@CaptainJ The smilies are too damn much!!!
Retired from the Fourm. I check back in once a month, sorry in advance for late replies.

ycleped
Hall of Fame

Postby ycleped » Wed May 02, 2012 5:00 pm

dgs;lkkkkkkdfgj4w5768kkkdhdjssdhkkkkkkj;hshdhhjhhhhhkghkghlokkkjkglhjlghapy------------------------9bmiiiiiiiiiiiiiii 08ijoidfgjnm'paojrpiorgnmjpoiaaaaaaaaaaaaaagmjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj-----------------------NNnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :!: :!: :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
// Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me //

ImageImage
ImageImage

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Wed May 02, 2012 5:07 pm

NFLVICK7 wrote:It sure is a shame. My thoughts are with his family.

I don't want to make assumptions about why he might have or might not, but in February, former Bear, Dave Duerson shot himself in the chest because he wanted to donate his brain to research about CTE.

BigDaddyCool
All-Pro

Postby BigDaddyCool » Wed May 02, 2012 5:12 pm

What people are saying right now:

Chargers organization:

"Everyone at the Chargers is in complete shock and disbelief right now. We ask everyone to stop what they're doing and send their prayers to Junior and his family."

Chargers President Dean Spanos:

"I can't put into words how I'm feeling right now. I'm shocked and devastated. Junior was my friend. We all lost a friend today. Junior was an icon in our community. He transcended the game. He wasn't just a football player, he was so much more. He was loved by everyone in our family, our organization and throughout the NFL. This is just such a tragic loss. One of the worst things I could ever imagine. My prayers go out to Junior's family. It's heartbreaking."

Head Coach Norv Turner:

"I have no words to describe the passing of Junior Seau. It is a sad, sad day not only for me, but for the whole sports community. I worked with Junior here and later in Miami. I can tell you no one had more character and true leadership ability than Junior. He brought passion to the game of football that was unmatched. His commitment to charitable causes in the community was inspiring. It was an honor to know him. My thoughts and prayers are with his family."

Oakland Raiders:

We are deeply saddened by the news of the passing of Junior Seau. Junior’s great passion, intensity and love for the game were evident every time he stepped on the football field. He was a formidable competitor who left an indelible mark on the game of football. We extend our most sincere condolences to his family and the Charger organization.

Miami Dolphins:

“We are stunned and saddened at the passing of Junior Seau. During his time with the Dolphins he made a unique contribution to the team and the South Florida community. Junior was a fierce competitor whose passion and work ethic lifted his teammates to greater heights. His enthusiasm for the game was infectious and he passed that on to everyone who was around him. He loved the game so much, and no one played with more sheer joy.

“Beyond his accomplishments on the field, though, he was as well known for his charitable accomplishments to help those less fortunate than himself, especially kids. Whether it was in San Diego, South Florida, New England or everywhere else in between, Junior loved putting a smile on a child’s face during his “Shop with a Jock” program or during one of his countless school visits. He made a difference to so many people in so many places.

“Junior was one-of-a-kind. The league will never see anyone like him again. He will be missed, and on behalf of the Miami Dolphins we want to extend our condolences to his family.”

New England Patriots:

"We were shocked to hear of the initial reports regarding Junior Seau earlier today and are deeply saddened by the news of his death. We were fortunate to have had Junior join the Patriots in 2006 and are thankful for his many contributions to the team over the next four years. He had a legendary NFL career and his unrivaled passion for the game quickly made him a fan favorite here in New England. This is a sad day for the entire Patriots organization, our coaches and his many Patriots teammates. Our heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to his family and his many friends who will mourn this loss."

Buffalo Bills:

The entire National Football League is grieving after the tragic loss of 12-time Pro Bowl linebacker Junior Seau, who passed away Wednesday in his California home at age 43. Bills GM Buddy Nix was in the San Diego Chargers front office the last two years that Seau was with the club and released the following statement.

“I am deeply saddened to hear the news of the passing of Junior Seau. This is such a tragedy and his passing will be felt by many. Junior was a great player in this league for so many years and he embodied that competitive spirit that all the great linebackers possess. My deepest sympathies and heartfelt condolences go out to his children and his entire family, his friends, the Spanos family and the Chargers organization.”

Bills defensive coordinator Dave Wannstedt was Seau’s head coach from 2003-2004 when the linebacker played for the Miami Dolphins.

“Hearing this news about Junior...it’s just so tragic…it’s hard to believe. I still to this day remember the day that Junior joined our family at the Dolphins. He brought a sense of renewed energy and a spirit to the field, off the field, in the weight room, just everywhere that Junior went and everyone that Junior was associated with. He instilled a belief that we hadn’t reached our potential and that we could be better and he would find a way to help make that happen. I just feel terrible but I know how much he loved his kids. I remember him coming to me and the first thing we talked about was what the offseason schedule would be and what was going to be our bye week schedule. Everything he was doing was centered around getting back to San Diego from Miami to be able to spend quality time with his kids. I don’t think there’s a better way a man could be remembered than in those terms.”

USC Trojans:

USC All-American LB Junior Seau was reportedly found dead in his Oceanside home today of a gunshot wound, according to San Diego police.

Pat Haden on Seau: "We are tremendously saddened to hear this news and our hearts go out to his family and children. Junior Seau was one of the greatest legends in USC football history. He will always be remembered by USC as the original No. 55."

Lane Kiffin on Seau: "This is a very sad day. The USC football program and the entire Trojan Family extends our condolences to Junior's family. He was one of the greatest Trojans of all-time. Our team and fans were very fortunate to see him just a couple of weeks ago at our Spring Game at the Coliseum. He will be deeply missed."

We'll have more coverage on Seau's life and career, but for now, we send out our condolences from the Trojan Family to his family. RIP No. 55...

So, what am I saying?

It is always hard when a force of nature crosses out of this world.

We lost a force of nature today.

Farewell Junior.

See you around, buddy. :cry:
BIGDADDYCOOL IS YA HOOKUP...HOLLA IF YA HEAR ME!!!!!!!

Return to “Los Angeles Chargers”