Seabass is gone from oakland...

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:28 am

Sad day to see seabass gone from the raiders...he's a great kicker and one of the top 5 imo in terms of distance kicking.....the guy just had a leg of iron....I hope the Giants pick him up just for his reliability (other than last season on IR from back) he's been pretty durable and had a career as long as tom brady....think about that for a sec lol.....

I hope he at least puts in 1 more season preferably with a contender.....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Seabass is gone from oakland...

Postby RevanFan » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:37 am

ultimatum77 wrote:Sad day to see seabass gone from the raiders...he's a great kicker and one of the top 5 imo in terms of distance kicking.....the guy just had a leg of iron....I hope the Giants pick him up just for his reliability (other than last season on IR from back) he's been pretty durable and had a career as long as tom brady....think about that for a sec lol.....

If he gets on a good team and wins a Super Bowl, he's no doubt a future Hall of Famer. If not... it's iffy, though he does deserve it.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:43 am

RevanFan wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:Sad day to see seabass gone from the raiders...he's a great kicker and one of the top 5 imo in terms of distance kicking.....the guy just had a leg of iron....I hope the Giants pick him up just for his reliability (other than last season on IR from back) he's been pretty durable and had a career as long as tom brady....think about that for a sec lol.....

If he gets on a good team and wins a Super Bowl, he's no doubt a future Hall of Famer. If not... it's iffy, though he does deserve it.

I think he should be a HOFer no matter what....he has an NFL record 55 kicks made of field goals over 50 yards....that's one hell of a leg....

https://www.bigblueview.com/2018/2/15/1 ... rick-rosas
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:48 pm

I'd be shocked if he made the Hall.

He's 23rd among active kickers that qualify in FG%. 3rd to last. Barely ahead of the mighty Nick Folk.

He's 11th on the all-time scoring list.. around names like Phil Dawson and Norm Johnson.

Gary Anderson, who doesn't appear is going to be elected, scored 600+ more points.. 5 seasons or so worth...

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:48 pm

AaronS wrote:I'd be shocked if he made the Hall.

He's 23rd among active kickers that qualify in FG%. 3rd to last. Barely ahead of the mighty Nick Folk.

He's 11th on the all-time scoring list.. around names like Phil Dawson and Norm Johnson.

Gary Anderson, who doesn't appear is going to be elected, scored 600+ more points.. 5 seasons or so worth...

I think both punters and kickers should get more respect from the HOF and NFL in general. They make some of the most key pressure kicks in high pressure situations and if they miss they are just lambasted horribly (looking at you mike vanderjagt and blair walsh)....

im kind of sad that blair walsh kind of spun around for a bit after missing that vikings fieldgoal in the playoffs...i think it really rocked his confidence as he wasn't bad previous to that play and then he kind of fell apart, and bounced aroudn till he landed with the seahawks ironically the team he failed to beat with his leg...lol.....

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:50 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:
AaronS wrote:I'd be shocked if he made the Hall.

I think both punters and kickers should get more respect from the HOF and NFL in general. They make some of the most key pressure kicks in high pressure situations and if they miss they are just lambasted horribly (looking at you mike vanderjagt and blair walsh)....

im kind of sad that blair walsh kind of spun around for a bit after missing that vikings fieldgoal in the playoffs...i think it really rocked his confidence as he wasn't bad previous to that play and then he kind of fell apart, and bounced aroudn till he landed with the seahawks ironically the team he failed to beat with his leg...lol.....

I also miss steve weatherford and pat macafee...those guys were bad ass punters and also delivered some massive hits on return men when needed ...they never shied away from killing it on the field even when the punter has the least amount of padding/protection....the NFL needs more punters like that.....

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:12 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:I think both punters and kickers should get more respect from the HOF and NFL in general. They make some of the most key pressure kicks in high pressure situations and if they miss they are just lambasted horribly (looking at you mike vanderjagt and blair walsh)....

ultimatum77 wrote:I also miss steve weatherford and pat macafee...those guys were bad ass punters and also delivered some massive hits on return men when needed ...they never shied away from killing it on the field even when the punter has the least amount of padding/protection....the NFL needs more punters like that.....

Man, Pat McAfee was great. If you managed to escape everyone, he would bring the wood to you.

Kickers and Punters don't get a lot of respect, despite the fact that Kickers are about half of the source of points for every team and a Clutch Kicker can give you that last second victory, just look at Adam Vinatieri, precision kicks in the clutch are his specialties. Punters are out right underrated, they can easily mark the difference between a win, a trip to OT and a loss.

I might be going a bit too far off the point, but other players that should get more respect are O-Linemen. Many talk about great QBs and great RBs, but without some solid O-Line, no one gets into the endzone. On this year's NFL class, there was an Offensive Guard, Alan Faneca. Pretty sure there were more, but that's the one name I recognize. Considering there were other big name players, such as Randy Moss, Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, Brian Dawkins and T.O., it is hard to get in the HOF this year. But Faneca didn't even got mentioned (He's been on the run for a spot in the HOF for a long time). Not a single O-Lineman got mentioned at all.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

JPK
Hall of Fame

Postby JPK » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:14 am

I really miss Pat McAfee. Thankfully, our replacement, rookie Rigoberto Sanchez, is great too, but it's hard to forget Pat.

I totally agree that kickers and punters suffer from a severe lack of respect. Only mentioned when they miss a kick, when in fact, they can give an advantage to their team.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:55 am

JPK wrote:I really miss Pat McAfee. Thankfully, our replacement, rookie Rigoberto Sanchez, is great too, but it's hard to forget Pat.

I totally agree that kickers and punters suffer from a severe lack of respect. Only mentioned when they miss a kick, when in fact, they can give an advantage to their team.

Steve weatherford....one of the best punters in giants history...without him the Giants do not beat the 49ers in the nfc champ game several years back....his punts were key to pinning the 49ers and causing their return man to fumble several times on returns...with his deep high kicks allowing the coverage team to swarm the guy....

also one of the most memorable moments for me was when he was the holder on the last second field goal to beat the 49ers....his lip reading was well.....filled with obscenities but it was hilarious to see his raw emotion...."mother bleepin superbowl" hahaha if you get time you should look it up on youtube he just goes insane with his celebration but then again who wouldn't after reaching the SB.....

I like marquette king's vibe when he pins opponents deep....his dances/celebrations are flavorful haha.......he wears his punter swag on his shoulders lol...and I like that a player embraces their position with that kind of dedication no matter what the haters say about punters/kickers being the least important....there are true athletes at the punter/kicking positions who really take a lot of time and effort to train just as much as the loud mouth running backs wide receivers or quarterbacks who get lauded so much....

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:18 pm

I just remembered Gary "Mr. Automatic" Anderson. He was the only kicker in history to make every single Field Goal and Extra Point during the 1998 Regular Season. However, he's only remembered (and hated) in Minnesota after he missed a 36 Yard FG during the NFC Championship game. Some blame him for the loss, as his FG would have made the Vikings have a 10 point lead. However, the Vikings D failed to hold the 7 point lead, their O completely failed during their first and only possession in OT, and the D failed AGAIN to stop the Falcons from getting into FG range. Yet Anderson is blamed and mostly remembered for kicking a foot to the left of the uprights.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Return to “Oakland Raiders”