Predictions for Antonio Brown's season in Oakland?

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Re: Predictions for Antonio Brown's season in Oakland?

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:05 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... xempt-list

This is ridiculous that the NFL is not suspending Brown for his horrible behavior with the Raiders at least.....even though the investigation into his off field behavior is still going on he still should be suspended for a minimum of 4-6 games for being a total jerk to the Raiders and especially Mike Mayock yelling racial slurs at him and threatening to punch him. How can the NFL and specifically Goodell justify not suspending him for a few games especially now that his off the field and on the field drama is causing a lot of negative publicity for him and the league?
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:24 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001054194/article/ab-wont-be-put-on-commissioners-exempt-list

This is ridiculous that the NFL is not suspending Brown for his horrible behavior with the Raiders at least.....even though the investigation into his off field behavior is still going on he still should be suspended for a minimum of 4-6 games for being a total jerk to the Raiders and especially Mike Mayock yelling racial slurs at him and threatening to punch him. How can the NFL and specifically Goodell justify not suspending him for a few games especially now that his off the field and on the field drama is causing a lot of negative publicity for him and the league?

Because his name isn't Ezekiel Elliot?
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:38 am

RevanFan wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001054194/article/ab-wont-be-put-on-commissioners-exempt-list

If he was on any other team than the pats they would sit him for a few weeks......just saying.....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:16 am

ultimatum77 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

If he was on any other team than the pats they would sit him for a few weeks......just saying.....

Didn't Goodell go really hard at trying to get Brady suspended for deflategate? Plus Goodell and Robert Kraft are clearly not on good terms. You could tell watching the Super Bowl postgame.
My Cowboys Journal

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:29 am

Yea but it just feels like the pats get away with everything while the other teams have to stick to the rules.....clearly antonio brown had this hidden motive to be with the pats and the raiders really got screwed with lost draft picks and the loss of their prize player in FA.....

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:04 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:Yea but it just feels like the pats get away with everything while the other teams have to stick to the rules.....clearly antonio brown had this hidden motive to be with the pats and the raiders really got screwed with lost draft picks and the loss of their prize player in FA.....

Raider's played with fire, they got scorched in the end! They got screwed! :lol: I'm a Chiefs fan! :lol:

Eps.1 of the AB Soap! He had a great run with the Steelers and torched the Pats along the way! But everyone on earth know's that the Steelers would have NEVER traded AB to the Pat's, regardless of their broken relationship or for any amount of draft picks! That would have been horrible for all the NFL and looked shady if the Steelers trade their best player to the best team in football, whom has never had any WR close the caliber of AB for a couple draft picks! So the lowly Raider's got him through an orchestrated trade, Eps.2 of the AB soap! We fan's had no idea because of the smoke and mirrors the media ESPN, FSN, etc fed us with (happy introduction from the Raiders, AB visits D.Carr, then the helmet case, while his feet were supposedly injured, argument with Mike M., the team apology)! AB, Bill B., Mr Kraft, and Drew Jordan Rosenhaus put on a magnificent show! Drew made sure no rules were broken, so the Pat's get their man, Eps.3 AB Rocks Gillette - The Final Chapter!

Thank Drew, he made sure it was all legit!

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:24 pm

I might buy some popcorn for the "Tom stop throwing it to Edelman! Throw it me!" part of this script ... assuming we do get that far.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:48 pm

It won't get that far. He'll be placed on the commissioner exempt list if the investigators corroborate her saved texts. I read they are not screenshots, the screenshots are in the legal filing I linked earlier, from what I read she still has that phone and the original texts on the phone. If they're corroborated with his number, there is most likely going to be multiple criminal investigations as these events happened in two different jurisdictions.

AB might never play a down in the NFL again, considering his age, drama, and possibly two criminal investigations and a long civil case. He can remain on the exempt list indefinitely, it's not a suspension. Ask Ray Rice how it works.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:04 pm

If there's anything I'm sure of in all of this mess... it's that Drew Rosenhaus is an evil genius. Emphasis on both the evil and the genius. He really can get anything his clients want, can't he?
My Cowboys Journal

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:06 am

Speaking of Drew Rosenhaus, his comments were borderline moronic about both Brown and Him being "family type men"......
I get that he has to defend his client and paint him with a nice brush but the part about talking of his family was completely unnecessary and like trying to put a fresh coat of paint on a clunker of a car.....it doesn't change what's underneath. Brown has fathered 5 children with 3 different women....that really shows his lack of "commitment" to anyone or anything and his selfish attitude. People rarely change from their true selves. They can mask it or fake it for a while but eventually every area of their life reflects their poor character and in his case the madness inside.....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... e-cleared/

Foxborough will not work out especially long term, as Brown will be complaining about a lack of targets and also wants attention all the time. He will be jealous of guys like Edelman and Gordon getting targets and start to complain like he did when Juju Shuster emerged in Pittsburgh because defenses will roll coverages toward Brown because of his reputation as a playmaker. Even if he does shut up just for a ring he will leave after the season and probably will only crack 600 yards and maybe 7 touchdowns this year as a Patriot. Plus he's not the patriot type of player who will want to block db's for runs and sometimes run decoy routes for other players to get open. He's not a team player and those types of players with the exception of a few like Moss who bought in, have historically flamed out in NE. Chad Johnson is a good example.

Return to “Oakland Raiders”