Tim Tebow.....now what???

NFLVICK7
MVP

Re: Tim Tebow.....now what???

Postby NFLVICK7 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:59 pm

NickyJ wrote:
NFLVICK7 wrote:The media didn't tell him to repeat himself in every interview. He's basically using his religion to market himself. Weather that's why he's doing it or not that is what's happening. So some of it is his fault. Not all of it. But some falls on him.

What about when Terrell Pryor had Mike Vick on his eye black? He got blasted for it. No one really said anything when Tebow put scriptures on his eye black. In fact the NCAA outlawed it after Pryor had written Mike Vick on his. Total B.S there too.

If a bunch of people brought their cameras over to your house, and started filming everything you did, and a bunch of people decided they were upset with your hairstyle, is it your fault for them not liking it? Should you change your hairstyle just for them, just because the media decided to start zooming in on your hair?

That is gist of this whole thing: Because the media shows up decides to focus on one thing that they decided was controversial, whether it be your hairstyle or the way you talk, people decide you need to change your ways. Neither you nor Tebow should have to change yourselves simply because the media decided to focus on the way you live your life.

As for Pryor and Vick, I never saw it or heard of it, but I don't see the problem with it. Unless it there's something obscene on the patch, it's fine by me. (That said, I can see that some people would be upset that player would write on his patch the name of a criminal who killed dogs. Still, in my opinion, he can do that. If he wants to risk people being upset with him, that's his own problem.)

The cameras not following him every where. It's post game interviews like every other players gets. Do you see them doing the same things he does? No. You don't. It's not like he has a reality show with cameras all over everything he does. It's press conferences, interviews on ESPN, and post game interviews like every other relevant player gets.

His religious things he repeats over and over has become obnoxious and old. He sounds so fake in interviews it isn't funny. That part is his fault. I'm not saying he should drop his religion, but stop using it as almost a marketing ploy. Because that really is what it looks like.
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

Sponsor

Sponsor

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:48 pm

NFLVICK7 wrote:The cameras not following him every where. It's post game interviews like every other players gets. Do you see them doing the same things he does? No. You don't. It's not like he has a reality show with cameras all over everything he does. It's press conferences, interviews on ESPN, and post game interviews like every other relevant player gets.

His religious things he repeats over and over has become obnoxious and old. He sounds so fake in interviews it isn't funny. That part is his fault. I'm not saying he should drop his religion, but stop using it as almost a marketing ploy. Because that really is what it looks like.

In that case, we should start complaining about how players and coaches always say during post game interviews that their team "played well, just not well enough to win". After all, every player and coach "repeats over and over" the same words. It "sounds so fake in interviews it isn't funny".

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:54 pm

NickyJ wrote:
NFLVICK7 wrote:The cameras not following him every where. It's post game interviews like every other players gets. Do you see them doing the same things he does? No. You don't. It's not like he has a reality show with cameras all over everything he does. It's press conferences, interviews on ESPN, and post game interviews like every other relevant player gets.

In that case, we should start complaining about how players and coaches always say during post game interviews that their team "played well, just not well enough to win". After all, every player and coach "repeats over and over" the same words. It "sounds so fake in interviews it isn't funny".

I agree. I hate robotic press conferences, I want a coach and player to say what they really feel. That's why I love T.O and chad. They just say what they feel. But athletes who do that get a bad rep.

Allen Iverson, T.O, Chad, Moss. These guys have been labeled based on what they say. They speak the truth and get burned for it.
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

Return to “Denver Broncos”