Tim Tebow.....now what???

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Tim Tebow.....now what???

Postby RevanFan » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:43 pm

NFLVICK7 wrote:I think what really bugs me about Tebow is how showy he is with his religious beliefs. Now I may not agree with any religion at all, but if you have your beliefs cool. But he almost goes out of his way to show them. It's football not church. If he was as religious as he says he is that's where he'd be on Sundays. He needs to chill out with that.

Steve Young is very religious, but he played every Sunday. Why, you ask? Because it was his job. He does it because it's his job. If Tebow didn't have to work on Sunday, he would be in church.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm

RevanFan wrote:
NFLVICK7 wrote:I think what really bugs me about Tebow is how showy he is with his religious beliefs. Now I may not agree with any religion at all, but if you have your beliefs cool. But he almost goes out of his way to show them. It's football not church. If he was as religious as he says he is that's where he'd be on Sundays. He needs to chill out with that.

Steve Young is very religious, but he played every Sunday. Why, you ask? Because it was his job. He does it because it's his job. If Tebow didn't have to work on Sunday, he would be in church.

Young didn't and doesn't display it the way Tebow does. Young doesn't start ever answer to a question with "First I'd like to thank my lord and savior Jesus Christ"

If you're that religious retire and go to church. Like that RB from the 49ers a couple years ago..
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:30 pm

NFLVICK7 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

Young didn't and doesn't display it the way Tebow does. Young doesn't start ever answer to a question with "First I'd like to thank my lord and savior Jesus Christ"

If you're that religious retire and go to church. Like that RB from the 49ers a couple years ago..

Well, you're right, but maybe Tebow thinks a football stadium is a good place to talk about religion. Now, personally, I'm religious, but I won't shove my beliefs down people's throats, just like I don't want atheists shoving their beliefs down my throat. If someone asks about religion, I'll answer. If not, I'll leave it be. Tebow probably doesn't think like that.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:50 pm

Exactly. I got no problems with people being religious. If that's what they believe, cool. I'm happy for them. But to start off every interview with "First I'd like to thank my lord and savior Jesus Christ."
That's just obnoxious.

superben21
MVP

Postby superben21 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:45 pm

I'm highly Catholic but there are "un-said" rules that must be followed. The first and foremost is your business isn't about your religion. If it comes up great. But when your on the field and being interviewed talk business. Be professional about it. If they ask you about it or you want to slip in a "thank God" at then end then that's that but go about your business in a business like manner.

RevanFan wrote:Well, you're right, but maybe Tebow thinks a football stadium is a good place to talk about religion. Now, personally, I'm religious, but I won't shove my beliefs down people's throats, just like I don't want atheists shoving their beliefs down my throat. If someone asks about religion, I'll answer. If not, I'll leave it be. Tebow probably doesn't think like that.

RevanFan, nicely said.

NFLVICK7 wrote:Exactly. I got no problems with people being religious. If that's what they believe, cool. I'm happy for them. But to start off every interview with "First I'd like to thank my lord and savior Jesus Christ."
That's just obnoxious.

NFLVICK, it does get super obnoxious.
~ Superben21 | An active moderator at one point or another.

Sidelion
MVP

Postby Sidelion » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:36 pm

NFLVICK7 wrote:Exactly. I got no problems with people being religious. If that's what they believe, cool. I'm happy for them. But to start off every interview with "First I'd like to thank my lord and savior Jesus Christ."
That's just obnoxious.

Indeed.

Complete double standard, here; Dan Fouts, HOF QB and self-described "polyatheist", doesn't end every broadcast with: "Remember folks: you rot in the ground when you die, so make the most of life while you got it!" or something similar. If he did, he'd be reviled nationally. People don't like Tebow because he has "courage" to stand up against "the media"; people simply want a friggin' poster boy so that they can get a vicarious thrill and irrationally justify their worldview.
"Why do you go away? So that you can come back.
So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors.
And the people there see you differently, too."

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:46 pm

Do I have the permission to post that picture on Facebook?

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:16 pm

Austinmario wrote:Do I have the permission to post that picture on Facebook?

Well there's no copyright on it so I don't see why not?

I don't think Facebook lets you upload .gif's though.

Robo COP
Veteran

Postby Robo COP » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:01 am

You know, it's crazy. Like, this one time I heard somebody talking on TV that I didn't like hear talking, so I turned it off.

If you don't like Tebow's beliefs and hate that he mentions god all the time, stop listening to him. Simple as that

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:12 pm

Robo COP wrote:You know, it's crazy. Like, this one time I heard somebody talking on TV that I didn't like hear talking, so I turned it off.

If you don't like Tebow's beliefs and hate that he mentions god all the time, stop listening to him. Simple as that

Hard to do when every time i watch ESPN he's interviewed or they're playing an interview. Or watching a game that he happens to play in. Maybe he should keep his beliefs to himself and stop being a Jehovah's Witness about it. You don't need to thank god for everything you do.

And I bet most of the people who agree with what you said bash T.O or Chad for the things they say. At least the have put up the numbers to back up what they say. (Especially T.O)

Return to “Denver Broncos”