Chiefs release Kareem Hunt

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:02 pm

Well, there goes half their season (the last 5 games, I mean): https://es.pn/2ABODXn

Sponsor

Sponsor

Sleeper66
All-Pro

Re: Chiefs release Kareem Hunt

Postby Sleeper66 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:00 pm

He's not indispensable, and what he did is indefensible, so good for them.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:21 pm

The bad part is that someone will pick him up. They'll take a big PR hit, sure, but they'll get a fairly good back (Assuming not all teams go the Ray Rice route and outright refuse to sign him). Now, on the other end, there's the Chiefs. They still have Spencer Ware so they are not in terrible shape. Now, what I wonder is: There is another RB that's going to be released this off season, that's Le'Veon Bell. I wonder if the Chiefs would make a push for him.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:20 am

The NFL doesn't care about domestic violence unless it goes public. They knew about this back in February and did NOTHING. All they care about is their bottom line. It's pathetic.

I read an NFL reporter on Twitter (can't remember who) pointing out that this was a particularly bad week for the NFL. Adrian Peterson admitted he still violently punishes his children, Reuben Foster got picked up immediately after rightfully being cut (Dan Snyder showing his "character" once again), and now Kareem Hunt. Bad week indeed.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:16 pm

RevanFan wrote:The NFL doesn't care about domestic violence unless it goes public. They knew about this back in February and did NOTHING. All they care about is their bottom line. It's pathetic.

I read an NFL reporter on Twitter (can't remember who) pointing out that this was a particularly bad week for the NFL. Adrian Peterson admitted he still violently punishes his children, Reuben Foster got picked up immediately after rightfully being cut (Dan Snyder showing his "character" once again), and now Kareem Hunt. Bad week indeed.

The report back in February, from what I read, only mentioned the pushing and shoving seen in the first part of the video. Both the NFL and Chiefs requested the footage, but the prosecutors kept it from them. If this is true, I don't see what the Chiefs or NFL have done wrong in this scenario... though the NFL and other teams have botched these situations before (Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson, Reuben Foster). And compared to those incidents, Hunt's assault has been blown out of proportion... it wasn't anything compared to what Rice or Peterson did. I can understand how Hunt's kick wasn't even mentioned in the February reports because it wasn't that bad.

I just know somebody is going to claim him, though. I can foresee the backlash that claiming is going to make... basically the same as how folks reacted [rightly] to the Foster claiming.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Sleeper66
All-Pro

Postby Sleeper66 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:19 pm

The kick... wasn't that bad. You bet.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:05 pm

Sleeper66 wrote:The kick... wasn't that bad. You bet.

I'm not trying to absolve him of what he did. Why aren't we talking about the guy who pushed her into the wall? She looked dazed after that. But now Hunt's kick, which clearly didn't injury the woman whatsoever, is being compared to Ray Rice (crushed his fiancee's face with a punch) and Adrian Peterson (left scars on his son's genitals from the beatings) and I don't think this is close to any of that.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:11 pm

Following up on the Hunt situation:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Kareem Hunt is likely to get more than a six-game suspension for violating the league's Personal Conduct Policy.
The NFL has been looking into another incident involving Hunt at an Ohio resort in June. He's facing two separate suspensions, putting him at risk for more than just the baseline six games. Hunt is considering "admitting his wrongdoing" and serving his suspension as soon as possible, allowing him to avoid closing out the year on the Commissioner Exempt List. There's still a lot of moving parts, but there's a chance Hunt's league discipline will be handed down before the offseason.

So now there's a second incident... and while I haven't seen any reports about it, I can't give Hunt the benefit of the doubt. The Chiefs did the right thing to cut him, and I'm doubting that he's going to get claimed with multiple suspensions looming. But then again, Washington did claim Reuben Foster, so y'know, somebody still could.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:49 pm

Washington will probably claim him. Dan Snyder has always been devoid of morality.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:12 pm

What else is new in the National Felon League.......

Where it's all about braun and no brains.....

It seems whether its Johnny Manziel or Ray Rice or whoever. There is always some idiot football player doing some childish or stupid behavior and getting in trouble. I don't even care to watch the NFL that much anymore because it has become such a bozo league.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Return to “Kansas City Chiefs”