What is going on with the Patriots this year?

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: What is going on with the Patriots this year?

Postby Danchat » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:28 pm

El_Macaquito wrote:AND NOW KENBRELL THOMPKINS IS WAIVED. WOW.
Well, I'll never forget the game winning TD against the Saints, Brady-Thompkins with 5 seconds left in the game.

Wow... I thought Thompkins had some potential. He should definitely be claimed by a WR-needy team.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Sponsor

Sponsor

bigal80ak
Rookie

Postby bigal80ak » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:44 am

Yeah I am rather upset with bad personnel decisions the last 2-3 years. We can't blame the high score on the defense either they were out there the whole game tired and beat. Tom has no time to through, cannot really rely on the run game as offensive line gives no good protection or push for them either. The WR core is horrible they dropped amendola then picked him back up? Desperation was there no one else? I thought Dobson and THOMPKINS would step up and be put it more but mendola and lafell are not good picks. With gronk I will admit he has had ok games the fact he cannot stay healthy and most of the time doesn't play makes me think he is at 100% right now he just is not as big of an impact when moss, welker are there and the run game can take off a bit of pressure. Its not brady's fault its bad decisions and a WR core that needs to pretty much throw them all out and start over.

I also believe tom really works better with a safety net in the back field. Someone like branch/Faulk use to play where they would stay back as a last effort if no one else was open. They were good and always seemed to be able to pick 1-3 yards out of nothing and he does not really have that. The offensive line it begins and ends there in the brady era this is the worse offensive line and WR we ever had.

I also don't think jets or bills are that bad both have good defense and will continue to play better I feel and geno if he doesn't turn the ball over. The jets could be much better. The bills have good defense I feel and the dolphins are sometimes hot and cold but I don't know if I would say weakest division.

jesse100190
All-Pro

Postby jesse100190 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:18 pm

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/11646779/tension-tom-brady-new-england-patriots-impact-quarterback-future-team looks like Tom Brady has some tension with the coaching staff and team this year which may impact where he goes or stays after his contract is up.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:29 pm

Danchat wrote:
El_Macaquito wrote:AND NOW KENBRELL THOMPKINS IS WAIVED. WOW.
Well, I'll never forget the game winning TD against the Saints, Brady-Thompkins with 5 seconds left in the game.

Wow... I thought Thompkins had some potential. He should definitely be claimed by a WR-needy team.

Of all the WR-needy teams, the Raiders picked up Kenbrell Thompkins.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... nd-raiders

patsallday
MVP

Postby patsallday » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:39 pm

5 weeks can make a big difference. 43-21 Patriots over Broncos :D :D
Patriots win SB 49 Hopefully....

El_Macaquito
All-Pro

Postby El_Macaquito » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:06 pm

patsallday wrote:5 weeks can make a big difference. 43-21 Patriots over Broncos :D :D

Exactly. That's why I said "maybe it's too soon". I knew the Pats could overcome anything. Go Pats!
PS: It's more a loss for the Broncos then a win for the Patriots. Their special teams didn't worked well, what made the confidence from the coaching staff disapear. That's why a 4th and 6 in the second quarter in the 30-yard line. But the New England Football Patriots didn't played bad, au contraire, they pressured SO MUCH, scoring, with takeaways and forced Broncos' errors.
Best HC ever.

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:54 am

And the best answer is.... Tom Brady relieved after Patriots capture fourth Super Bowl win!

Now that Spring has sprung, it's time for...
The Bill Belichick Offseason Simulator
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

Return to “New England Patriots”