Tebow Released, Signed by Patriots

treble
Pro Bowl

Re: Tebow Released

Postby treble » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:28 pm

I cant think of any other team that could use him effectively. Somehow someway I feel that Belichick could use him, not as a starting qb persay. Wasnt Danny Woodhead a Jet before he went to NE?

Sponsor

Sponsor

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:33 pm

treble wrote:I cant think of any other team that could use him effectively. Somehow someway I feel that Belichick could use him, not as a starting qb persay. Wasnt Danny Woodhead a Jet before he went to NE?

He was. If anybody can make Tebow a winner, Belichick can, even with Brady under center.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:45 pm

RevanFan wrote:
treble wrote:Patriots need to pick him up and show the jets how Tebow should've been used. Have Tebow run up the score in their division games.

The Pats are too traditional. Brady gets everything from them. No way he goes to New England.

NickyJ wrote:
treble wrote:I cant think of any other team that could use him effectively. Somehow someway I feel that Belichick could use him, not as a starting qb persay. Wasnt Danny Woodhead a Jet before he went to NE?

He was. If anybody can make Tebow a winner, Belichick can, even with Brady under center.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

patsallday
MVP

Postby patsallday » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:53 pm

NickyJ wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
treble wrote:Patriots need to pick him up and show the jets how Tebow should've been used. Have Tebow run up the score in their division games.

The Pats are too traditional. Brady gets everything from them. No way he goes to New England.

NickyJ wrote:

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

He later denied those comments also.......
Patriots win SB 49 Hopefully....

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:58 pm

Well, I was wrong. Congrats Tebow. If you suck in New England, you're done for good in all likelihood.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:21 pm

patsallday wrote:

He later denied those comments also.......

Actually, he didn't.

Loxley
All-Pro

Postby Loxley » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:26 pm

HOLLY CARP (and yes, I mean it) Image
Seriously guys, as a Patriots fan I'm at loss, my mind is blown right now, I can't feel great about the trade right now, honestly I don't get why Pats traded for him, I mean, we have Tom Brady, let me remark that, we have Tom "Terrific" Brady, a future hall of famer at quarterback, we have Ryan Mallett at backup, yeah, right he hasn't proved anything even though he was well-regarded in his draft class, ok, we didn't have a third option but there were better QBs than Tebow in the open market, not only technically-wise but more experienced, let's say Charlie Batch, Matt Leinart, hell, even Caleb Hanie was there.
I'm not bashing on Tebow, his games were cool to watch but I simply don't get why him, I'm hoping maybe Tebow agreed to change positions as TE or something it's normal that not all the details are disclosed since the trade is pretty recent, maybe Belichick has some special packages in mind for him, that's all cool but while Tebow get his chance and study his playbook the media will be around him all the time, I don't think we need that, the Pats already lost Welker and there are many rookies and unproven talent on the roster, I don't know, Tebow looks like a great guy but this move isn't looking good for me but who knows, maybe in some time it'll be called a master plan by Belichick and the Pats, maybe Tebow proves many people wrong, time will tell, man, what's with this.. :?

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:29 pm

As the title of the thread says, Tebow had been cut by the Jets. He was signed by the Patriots as a free agent.

Loxley
All-Pro

Postby Loxley » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:35 pm

NickyJ wrote:As the title of the thread says, Tebow had been cut by the Jets. He was signed by the Patriots as a free agent.

If you or any other moderator on the boards would like to update the title feel free to do so, I would do it myself since I started the thread but right now I don't think I could write something.., let's say "professional" because of the shock of the last events, I think you guys understand :P just imagine if he just signed with your team...

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Tebow signed by Patriots

Postby Danchat » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:06 pm

Good for Tebow! And good for Belichick! The biggest distractions can arrive in New England and can be managed well by the Pats.
Tebow is the #3 QB... Loxley, I don't understand why you are so angry about this. Nobody else was close to as good on the FA market. Caleb Hanie was signed by the Ravens and was HORRIBLE with the Bears. He couldn't win a game on accident. Matt Leinart got cut before he could even start his first big season after Kurt Warner. He's a non-scrambling Tebow. Charlie Batch is 37 and brittle.
The thing is, Tebow was FREE. As in, you can cut him without any repercussions if he sucks. And he probably won't get to play.
ESPN wrote a horrible article on it. I recommend you don't read it. I'm no crazy Tebowmania guy, but it's downright odd about how people perceive him.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Return to “New York Jets”