LSU Head Coach Fired

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

LSU Head Coach Fired

Postby JSamuel » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:43 pm

Being a head coach is like working for Hitler. If you don't win games, you lose your job.

Les Miles was one of college football's better coaches, and I don't think it was wise to let him walk.

LSU Head Coach Fired

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: LSU Head Coach Fired

Postby RevanFan » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:45 pm

JSamuel wrote:Being a head coach is like working for Hitler. If you don't win games, you lose your job.

I don't really think that's the best analogy.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:12 am

RevanFan wrote:
JSamuel wrote:Being a head coach is like working for Hitler. If you don't win games, you lose your job.

I don't really think that's the best analogy.

Well, it is true. Hitler was, quote:

"...paranoid, controlling, and angry.  When the D-Day invasion began Hitler's subordinates were afraid to wake him up.  Speer described Hitler as an incompetent, unprofessional, self-taught layman: 'Without any sense of the complexities of any great task, he boldly assumed one function after another.'"

This thread obviously isn't about Hitler, but if you take that quote a few levels down, then you get the situation many coaches are in. I was worried Rex Ryan was about to get fired, but then he beat the Cardinals, so he's cool now.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:24 am

JSamuel wrote:I was worried Rex Ryan was about to get fired, but then he beat the Cardinals, so he's cool now.

I doubt they would have fired him so early in the season... though, apparently coordinators can drop after week 2.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:37 am

RevanFan wrote:
JSamuel wrote:I was worried Rex Ryan was about to get fired, but then he beat the Cardinals, so he's cool now.

I doubt they would have fired him so early in the season... though, apparently coordinators can drop after week 2.

Check out this article: (I'm pleased with #1)

Ranking NFL Coaches by Job Security

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:07 am

Les Miles was one of college football's better coaches, and I don't think it was wise to let him walk.

If you take a look in the soccer scenario in the brazil for example...
my team change his head coach three times in this year, going to the fourth.. :|
is a nightmare....

when I look to the college universe, I think is a paradise :)

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:12 am

achernar wrote:

If you take a look in the soccer scenario in the brazil for example...
my team change his head coach three times in this year, going to the fourth.. :|
is a nightmare....

when I look to the college universe, I think is a paradise :)

I would never accept a coaching job, just because it would be too much pressure.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:10 pm

JSamuel wrote:Well, it is true. Hitler was, quote:

"...paranoid, controlling, and angry.  When the D-Day invasion began Hitler's subordinates were afraid to wake him up.  Speer described Hitler as an incompetent, unprofessional, self-taught layman: 'Without any sense of the complexities of any great task, he boldly assumed one function after another.'"

Yet at one point, he controlled more than 2/3 of Europe.. not bad for being "incompetent".....................

.. I agree with your point in general though. The state of coaching right now is a complete joke. The smart guys (Cowher, Gruden, Dungy) have some success, enjoy their time in the sun, and get the heck away from ungrateful, greedy owners.

Football is suffering for this. The product is suffering. Now, ratings are starting to suffer. Hopefully owners get in their heads that they can't go on this way.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:35 pm

AaronS wrote:
JSamuel wrote:Well, it is true. Hitler was, quote:

Yet at one point, he controlled more than 2/3 of Europe.. not bad for being "incompetent".....................

You know, now that I think about it, Hitler wasn't that bad of a guy after all...
Spoiler:
Just Kidding!

AaronS wrote:.. I agree with your point in general though. The state of coaching right now is a complete joke. The smart guys (Cowher, Gruden, Dungy) have some success, enjoy their time in the sun, and get the heck away from ungrateful, greedy owners.

Football is suffering for this. The product is suffering. Now, ratings are starting to suffer. Hopefully owners get in their heads that they can't go on this way.

I agree. Obviously, Chip Kelly's hi-speed offence didn't fly in Philly, and that's an exception. They needed to fire him. But the Giants firing Tom Coughlin last year? That was a stupid move by owner John Mara.

Return to “College Football”