NCAA 06 NEXT '23 - 2022/23 Season Mod - Now with CFB Playoff BUILT-IN!

minotauri
All-Pro

Re: NCAA 06 NEXT '23 - 2022/23 Season Mod

Postby minotauri » Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:32 pm

Harry97:

Regarding Tulane/Minnesota Stadiums! Thanks for catching that! I had changed it but I must have accidentally reverted my League file back a version and it lost the changes! Those will be fixed in next update!

Air Force Uniforms -- Yes that is just a base template we are using for texture swapping feature in PCSX2. It keeps it relatively simple. For some teams, I dont use it, but some I do. It will depend on the situation.

Purdue/Vanderbilt and other teams (there's a few more like WSU, Mich State, etc.) that need team names on jerseys. I didnt implement those yet because we were planning a massive 6000+ uniform.dat update but that is a little postponed until JD gives us a new file to work with. :) I probably will do some tests this week on his new tool to add back in names and see if it works on a few teams. It also allows me to change font color too, amongs a ton of other options.

Yes the "new" teams are replacing the teams that are no longer around like Hofstra, Northeastern, and the random FCS all-star teams. I have actually tried to add new teams from scratch. It "sort-of" works. I can get them to show up, with a randomly generated roster set (I made a tool to make fantasy rosters for any team you pick), but weird things happen in a game, and dynasty mode hangs when starting a new one.

Impact Players
I have seen the random listings of IMPACT PLAYERS in Play Now modes, but I don't know where thats coming from since I removed all the default impact players!

Team Colors:
In the TEAM db table, these are the columns to edit:
These are RGB 3-digit decimal values for each column.
TFRD, TFFG, TFFB are primary color
TFOR, TFOG, TFOB are secondary
I also go by Antdroid on other forums and places.

https://www.ncaanext.com - NCAA 06 NEXT Mod
https://discord.ncaanext.com - NCAA & Madden NEXT PS2 Discord

Sponsor

Sponsor

minotauri
All-Pro

Postby minotauri » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:00 pm

2nd Preview Beta released: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11CiEB0 ... sp=sharing

Bug Fixes & Changes:
* FCS to FBS Team Swapping works again!
* Minnesota/Tulane Stadiums should have day/night/weather now
* Nevada Depth Chart fixed
* Slight Tweaks to Roster
* Added several new rivalries

I'm already working on a 3rd and hopefully final version after this, that includes Magazine caption fixes, and implementing jersey name fixes for some teams that had missing ones, and updated my Washington Huskies to gold font. We are also determining if we want to rename the Game ID to a unique identifier so that it shows up clearer and distinguishable from NCAA 06 Original, as its own NCAA 06 NEXT version. I've already tested doing this and it works perfect, but it does require a little more user setup time on first installation to configure two CLAMP settings in the emulator.

minotauri
All-Pro

Postby minotauri » Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:00 am

NCAA NEXT 23 mod is fully released now:

https://download.ncaanext.com

187182282-1f7e1969-af06-4544-92fc-b7020b08699f.jpg
187182282-1f7e1969-af06-4544-92fc-b7020b08699f.jpg (373.7 KiB) Viewed 3793 times

minotauri
All-Pro

Postby minotauri » Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:11 pm

Upcoming version new features:

-Another 500 million OREGON UNIFORMS by h4wduk3n
-A bunch of additional alts for other teams too by BUBeavers92, Talon, Robot, h4w, JD637, OK, etc
-Bowl Logos & Bowl Stadium Updates by Talon42
-Transfers Explosion for Dynasty mode by JDHalfrack
-Gears & Accessories features by JD637, BaltimoreRavens and team
-Database improvements by Antdroid
-Recruits Database Realism Upgrades??? by JD637
-Nameplate Fixes by Antdroid
-BCS Ranking Updates by JDHalfrack
-Logo Upgrades by Talon42
-Helmet Updates by JD637
-Menu, Dialog, and Disciplinary Caption Updates & Fixes by Antdroid
-Other minor fixes and ui updates by team
-Updated Player Jersey number generation to be more realistic to 2020+ number rules!!

minotauri
All-Pro

Postby minotauri » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:47 pm

We are getting closer to releasing a new version....

NCAA Next v12.1 Preview Info coming to next release:

Additional alternate uniforms for other teams too by all team members
Many new uniforms added for teams across FBS and FCS. These are located in Alternates folder!

Renamed Bowls to match real-life bowls by Antdroid & Talon42 / Bowl Logos & Bowl Stadium Updates by Talon42
Talon42 has upgraded many of the bowl game logos and stadium artwork and together Antdroid and him have renamed several bowl names and stadium information to match current day bowl sites.

Transfers Expansion v2 for Dynasty mode by JDHalfrack
JDHalfrack has taken the previous transfers mod to overdrive. With some changes to the game code and some save template modding, we've now improved the game logic for who qualifies to be transferred increasing the pool by an order or two of magnitude (including reducing year count, regional restrictions, depth chart restrictions, etc.), removed transfer year eligibility restrictions, changed the transfer cap per team from 3 to 12, and increased the possible transfers database to 1524.

Recruits Database and Gears and Accessories Realism Update by JD637 and BaltimoreRavens
JD637 and BaltimoreRavens have been updating the gear and accessories graphics for a while now. Starting with V12, and with more improvements in V12.1, we've made it so the entire recruiting database can take advantage of some of the new graphic assets created for this mod, and to improve realism to match what players wear in real-life.

Database improvements by Antdroid
There's been little tweaks and improvements to the game database to improve the league structure and stability and user interfaces.

Uniform Nameplate Fixes by Antdroid & JDHalfrack
Many teams that had missing names on the back of jerseys have had them made visible now with a special in-house tool created by JDHalfrack.

BCS Ranking Updates by JDHalfrack
This is a feature that mostly helps the future expansion, if we ever get there, but there is a slight tweak to the BCS calculation formula to take into account having 120 teams instead of the 119 default teams in this mod.

Team Logo Upgrades by Talon42
Team logos have had another pass through and updates where needed.

Helmet Updates by JD637
JD637 has updated the previous helmet appearances made by xflamesxofxhopex with some new helmet looks as well.

Menu, Dialog, and Disciplinary Caption Updates & Fixes by Antdroid
One of the cool features added in V12 was a fully-working and editable STRMDATA.DB file made possible by JDHalfrack. With that change, we are now able to update all in-game captions, headlines, dialogues, and other strings and features. This update improves upon the V12 changes and adds more dialog and captions variety to the game.

UI Updates and Fixes by Antdroid
There's a bunch of general UI changes to dynasty graphics and updates to sponsor logos and whatnot.

Updated Player Jersey number generation to be more realistic to 2020+ number rules by JDHalfrack
Player numbers now are generated to match new rules allowed by the NCAA, and now generated uniform numbers more closely align to realistic position/number combinations.

CPU Coach Career stat tracking by JDHalfrack & Antdroid
Previously, only User Coaches had stats tracked in a dynasty. With V12.1, we have enabled CPU coaches to have their records and stats tracked and easily viewed in Coach settings at any time.

Oregon "The Duck" Mascot addition by Antdroid and h4wduk3n
The Oregon Duck mascot is now an in-game playable mascot, and is also used for Oregon celebrations!

Hidden Conference Championship Bowl Games Mod by Antdroid & JDHalfrack
We have unlocked the ability to add more bowl games to the mod, however, this must be done by the user through DB Editor. With this, users can add two additional conference championship games or bowl games to the schedule. More info in the Wiki!

Removal of Stadium Cannon Celebrations by Antdroid
Yes.

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:30 am

minotauri wrote:Menu, Dialog, and Disciplinary Caption Updates & Fixes by Antdroid
One of the cool features added in V12 was a fully-working and editable STRMDATA.DB file made possible by JDHalfrack. With that change, we are now able to update all in-game captions, headlines, dialogues, and other strings and features. This update improves upon the V12 changes and adds more dialog and captions variety to the game.

This sounds amazing! Come to think about it, if I recall, there were several tabs in STRMDATA.DB that would crash when you select it in the editor. Did JD somehow hex edit the overall file to make these previously un-accessible tabs load properly when you select it in the editor now? If so, wow, and if those previously un-accessible tabs allow editing of in-game dialogs and what not, that's very cool. I am constantly amazed at what you and JD has been able to discover and unlock. I am very interested to learn more about this, and test out your updated STRMDATA.DB when you release it.
minotauri wrote:CPU Coach Career stat tracking by JDHalfrack & Antdroid
Previously, only User Coaches had stats tracked in a dynasty. With V12.1, we have enabled CPU coaches to have their records and stats tracked and easily viewed in Coach settings at any time.

Sounds Cool!
minotauri wrote:Oregon "The Duck" Mascot addition by Antdroid and h4wduk3n
The Oregon Duck mascot is now an in-game playable mascot, and is also used for Oregon celebrations!

What was the Oregon mascot before? I didn't even realize the Oregon Duck mascot wasn't in there. And how the heck did you get him in there? LOL
minotauri wrote:Removal of Stadium Cannon Celebrations by Antdroid
Yes.

Wow! How did you do this? A DB edit somewhere?

minotauri
All-Pro

Postby minotauri » Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:47 pm

A few new feature additions:
* Touchbacks are now placed at the 25 yard line by JDHalfrack
* 40 Second Playclock Added by JDHalfrack
* Various Stadium Updates by Talon42, Antdroid, JD637
* Also trying to finish the 12-game scheduling patch that JD and I have been working on for a while now.

Harry97 wrote:This sounds amazing! Come to think about it, if I recall, there were several tabs in STRMDATA.DB that would crash when you select it in the editor. Did JD somehow hex edit the overall file to make these previously un-accessible tabs load properly when you select it in the editor now? If so, wow, and if those previously un-accessible tabs allow editing of in-game dialogs and what not, that's very cool. I am constantly amazed at what you and JD has been able to discover and unlock. I am very interested to learn more about this, and test out your updated STRMDATA.DB when you release it.

JD converted the tables that are varchar to string, so it reads it properly in DB Editor. To do this however, he had to get rid of special characters like commas, so it would export to CSV correctly. I had to go back and reformat every caption and headline and dialog in the game! It took a few months, but in the process, I changed some of them to make them more modern and based on some user requests.

What was the Oregon mascot before? I didn't even realize the Oregon Duck mascot wasn't in there. And how the heck did you get him in there? LOL

Miami's mascot sebastian looks very very very close to the Oregon Duck mascot. We made an executive decision to transfer Sebastian to Oregon and re-texturize and rename him. I have tried to ADD more mascot model files, but the game does very strange things and then crashes when I do this. This may be something I revisit in future.

As for the Stadium Cannon -- the STAD table has a column called STCA. 1 = cannon celebration, 0 = no celebration. I never tried to see if this works with stadiums that do not have the cannon model in them. In either case, the cannon will still be present in the stadium, but it just won't be triggered now. I hate this animation, so I disabled it altogether. I think some teams may get added again in future I guess. Texas A&M still uses it for example. They actually shot the cannon at UMass players last weekend! :(

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:23 pm

minotauri wrote:A few new feature additions:

How were these hacks achieved? Cheat Engine or via a file in one of the .DATs? If there's a .DAT that can edit rules / game settings like this, that would be great. Maybe there's more game options we can edit. (like penalty yardage editing, for example)
minotauri wrote:JD converted the tables that are varchar to string, so it reads it properly in DB Editor. To do this however, he had to get rid of special characters like commas, so it would export to CSV correctly. I had to go back and reformat every caption and headline and dialog in the game! It took a few months, but in the process, I changed some of them to make them more modern and based on some user requests.

Interesting. What specific .csv(s) within STRMDATA.DB allow you to edit the captions / headlines / dialog in-game?
minotauri wrote:As for the Stadium Cannon -- the STAD table has a column called STCA. 1 = cannon celebration, 0 = no celebration. I never tried to see if this works with stadiums that do not have the cannon model in them. In either case, the cannon will still be present in the stadium, but it just won't be triggered now. I hate this animation, so I disabled it altogether. I think some teams may get added again in future I guess. Texas A&M still uses it for example. They actually shot the cannon at UMass players last weekend! :(

OK That's good to know. Have you identified anything else in STAD?

minotauri
All-Pro

Postby minotauri » Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:00 am

Happy Black Friday to Everyone!
As you all probably know, EA delayed College Football 21 to 22 to 23 to 24 and now it'll be released as College Football 25! So, we'll need to wait 2 more years for a new game. So you all are stuck with us for a bit longer!

We're happy to announce NCAA NEXT v12.1 tonight!

This originally was planned to be a small patch of uniform and graphics fixes and small little dialog patches from V12 (Next 23), but it became a massive update.

We're still working on more updates but could not get them in a stable way to this current mod, so it'll have to wait til next time.

You can get the new updates here: https://download.ncaanext.com/
Instructions are there, and in https://wiki.ncaanext.com/

For those that like videos, I recorded a video tutorial guide and its linked in the wiki front page.

Please read everything! Some of the cool features require user modding, but they are not necessary for the mod to work!

Have a good weekend!

PS. The NCAA NEXT Cover Curse is real.
We made Dillon Gabriel and Oklahoma is having a horrible year for their standards. Then Bryce Young is having the worst Bama year in forever. A couple weeks ago, we made the current Hendon Hooker cover, and now, well... hope he's ok.

---- NEXT 23 UPDATE LIST -----

Updates and Fixes to V12
Additional alternate uniforms for other teams too by BUBeavers92, Talon, Robot, h4wduk3n, JD637, OK and !?, Antdroid, and others.
Many new uniforms added for teams across FBS and FCS. These are located in Alternates folder!

Renamed Bowls to match real-life bowls by Antdroid & Talon42 / Bowl Logos & Bowl Stadium Updates by Talon42
Talon42 has upgraded many of the bowl game logos and stadium artwork and together Antdroid and him have renamed several bowl names and stadium information to match current day bowl sites.

Transfers Expansion v2 for Dynasty mode by JDHalfrack
JDHalfrack has taken the previous transfers mod to overdrive. With some changes to the game code and some save template modding, we've now improved the game logic for who qualifies to be transferred increasing the pool by an order or two of magnitude (including reducing year count, regional restrictions, depth chart restrictions, etc.), removed transfer year eligibility restrictions, changed the transfer cap per team from 3 to 12, and increased the possible transfers database to 1524.

Gears & Accessories features by JD637, BaltimoreRavens and team
Recruits Database Gears and Accessories Realism Update by JD637
JD637 and BaltimoreRavens have been updating the gear and accessories graphics for a while now. Starting with V12, and with more improvements in V12.1, we've made it so the entire recruiting database can take advantage of some of the new graphic assets created for this mod, and to improve realism to match what players wear in real-life, and improved diversity/skin color.

Database improvements by Antdroid
There's been little tweaks and improvements to the game database to improve the league structure and stability and user interfaces.

Uniform Nameplate Fixes by Antdroid & JDHalfrack
Many teams that had missing names on the back of jerseys have had them made visible now with a special in-house tool created by JDHalfrack.

BCS Ranking Updates by JDHalfrack
This is a feature that mostly helps the future expansion, if we ever get there, but there is a slight tweak to the BCS calculation formula to take into account having 120 teams instead of the 119 default teams in this mod.

Team Logo Upgrades by Talon42
Team logos have had another pass through and updates where needed.

Helmet Updates by JD637
JD637 has updated the previous helmet appearances made by xflamesxofxhopex with some new helmet looks as well.

Menu, Dialog, and Disciplinary Caption Updates & Fixes by Antdroid

UI Updates and Fixes by Antdroid
There's a bunch of general UI changes to dynasty graphics and updates to sponsor logos and whatnot.

Updated Player Jersey number generation to be more realistic to 2020+ number rules by JDHalfrack
Player numbers now are generated to match new rules allowed by the NCAA, and now generated uniform numbers more closely align to realistic position/number combinations.

CPU Coach Career stat tracking by JDHalfrack & Antdroid

Oregon "The Duck" Mascot addition by Antdroid and h4wduk3n

Hidden Conference Championship Bowl Games Mod by Antdroid & JDHalfrack
We have unlocked the ability to add more bowl games to the mod, however, this must be done by the user through DB Editor. With this, users can add two additional conference championship games or bowl games to the schedule. More info in the Wiki!

Touchbacks now are placed at the 25 Yard Line by JDHalfrack
This changes from placement from the old 20 yard line to the 25 yard line, which was made a new rule in 2012 by the NCAA.

40 Second Playclock by JDHalfrack
The 40 second playclock is now implemented as per NCAA Rule change in 2008. It was previously 25 seconds.

Removal of Stadium Cannon Celebrations by Antdroid
Yes.

minotauri
All-Pro

Postby minotauri » Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:48 am

Harry97 wrote:
minotauri wrote:A few new feature additions:

How were these hacks achieved? Cheat Engine or via a file in one of the .DATs? If there's a .DAT that can edit rules / game settings like this, that would be great. Maybe there's more game options we can edit. (like penalty yardage editing, for example)
minotauri wrote:JD converted the tables that are varchar to string, so it reads it properly in DB Editor. To do this however, he had to get rid of special characters like commas, so it would export to CSV correctly. I had to go back and reformat every caption and headline and dialog in the game! It took a few months, but in the process, I changed some of them to make them more modern and based on some user requests.

Interesting. What specific .csv(s) within STRMDATA.DB allow you to edit the captions / headlines / dialog in-game?
minotauri wrote:As for the Stadium Cannon -- the STAD table has a column called STCA. 1 = cannon celebration, 0 = no celebration. I never tried to see if this works with stadiums that do not have the cannon model in them. In either case, the cannon will still be present in the stadium, but it just won't be triggered now. I hate this animation, so I disabled it altogether. I think some teams may get added again in future I guess. Texas A&M still uses it for example. They actually shot the cannon at UMass players last weekend! :(

OK That's good to know. Have you identified anything else in STAD?

JD found the in Cheat Engine and Assembly, but they are modifications to the SLUS_212.14 "ELF" file.

As for the strmdata captions. There's several of them in that db file. I don't have all of them off the top of my head, but for example HEADLINES is "HEAD". There's a separate one for Magazine Captions, Recruiting Dialog, Player Leaving/Transfer dialog, Discipline issues dialog, Rivalry info, and more.

Return to “Other Football Games”