What Are You Watching?

Anything and everything.
sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Re: What Are You Watching?

Postby sarcasticface » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:13 pm

RevanFan wrote:
sarcasticface wrote:Alright so, holy shit! (Never thought I’d say that). X-Men: Dark Phoenix was SO freaking awesome! Screw Rotten Tomatoes, what do they know!?!?! I recommend you all see it.

Plus, Hans Zimmer did the soundtrack so that’s a huge PLUS!!!

Well, technically, Rotten Tomatoes is just an aggregation of all critical reviews. And pretty much every critic says it's crap. And judging by how many issues people seem to have at adapting Jean Grey's Dark Phoenix storyline, I wouldn't be surprised. I saw one reviewer even say it was worse than X-Men Origins: Wolverine, which is... harsh, to say the least. I don't doubt it has some positives though. The cast are all great actors, for instance. And sometimes it's possible to even love a crap movie (ever see the Room?)

I personally won't judge it until I see it. I'm not planning to see it in theaters, but I'll watch it once it's out. Probably will buy the Blu-ray. I have all of the movies in that series, save the aforementioned Origins (which I will likely buy sometime, if only to fill out the collection and to make it easier for me to laugh at the jokes about it in Deadpool 1 and 2.) But I'm not going to sit in an uncomfortable theater and spend $14 to see it now. I'll save that money for Spider-Man.

Woah!!! $14 for a movie ticket?!?! It’s only like $8 in Utah. $5 on Monday and Tuesday.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:28 pm

sarcasticface wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
sarcasticface wrote:Alright so, holy shit! (Never thought I’d say that). X-Men: Dark Phoenix was SO freaking awesome! Screw Rotten Tomatoes, what do they know!?!?! I recommend you all see it.

Plus, Hans Zimmer did the soundtrack so that’s a huge PLUS!!!

Well, technically, Rotten Tomatoes is just an aggregation of all critical reviews. And pretty much every critic says it's crap. And judging by how many issues people seem to have at adapting Jean Grey's Dark Phoenix storyline, I wouldn't be surprised. I saw one reviewer even say it was worse than X-Men Origins: Wolverine, which is... harsh, to say the least. I don't doubt it has some positives though. The cast are all great actors, for instance. And sometimes it's possible to even love a crap movie (ever see the Room?)

I personally won't judge it until I see it. I'm not planning to see it in theaters, but I'll watch it once it's out. Probably will buy the Blu-ray. I have all of the movies in that series, save the aforementioned Origins (which I will likely buy sometime, if only to fill out the collection and to make it easier for me to laugh at the jokes about it in Deadpool 1 and 2.) But I'm not going to sit in an uncomfortable theater and spend $14 to see it now. I'll save that money for Spider-Man.

Woah!!! $14 for a movie ticket?!?! It’s only like $8 in Utah. $5 on Monday and Tuesday.

$11 afternoon, $14 evening. There's one theater near me that does $5 Tuesdays, but it gets so packed you can't move an inch. And every other day follows the same $11/$14 split.

My dad lives in Utah and always brags to me about the movie prices.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:22 am

With the recent Coronavirus outbreak... Contagion (2011)

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:52 pm

Lincoln
Thin Red Line
Mortal Kombat: Scorpion's Revenge

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:42 pm

Transformers movie collection!

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:38 pm

Greyhound!

One of the first games I installed onto my first pc was Wolfpack!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:09 am

To revive this once great thread... The Queen's Gambit. On Netflix. Watch it. I started it and couldn't stop. It's only 7 episodes, and it's GRIPPING.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:18 am

I recently watched 10 Cloverfield Lane

francisbaud
Rookie

Postby francisbaud » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:16 pm

The Bizarre Behavior of Rotating Bodies, Explained

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VPfZ_X ... Veritasium

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:34 am

The Snyder cut was definitely worth the 4 hours. Ties in MoS, BvS, and itself into a Superman trilogy, I feel like. Now all I want is a Batfleck solo movie. Also, can't wait for the Battinson next year.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”