New Users - Introduce yourself here

Anything and everything.
Gridironmate
Rookie

Hello, Hi, Howdy and Greetings

Postby Gridironmate » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:00 am

First Things first so I say Hello to all members on this board!

I'm closing in on the 50 years of existance, live in Germany and have a variety of interests, one of them American Football.
The real stuff (I'm a diehard Bills Backer since 91) as well as the gaming stuff.
To be honest: The Madden series doesn't give me pleasure for quite a while (hot shots animation and arcade stuff but no realistic football)
and the last one I bought was the 2005 version after purchasing eyery single one of them from 1999 on.
I just ran into this site per accident and discovered that there is a healthy community of enthusiasts and modders for old Madden games.

If I would only value the gameplay and the "right" look and feel I would simply purchase the old but still unchallenged ESPN NFL 2k5 or the 2K8 game and run with it.
Because they seem (at least from what I saw on numerous youtube videos) all around great even up to the year 2019.
And there are a lot of modders and fans you still play and enhance the game too.
But there are some things I do despise, namely the inability to have the correct NFL uniforms, helmets and logos in the 2K8 game.
Yes, they edited that and it looks very similar to the real thing but not completly right.

So I deceided to stick around the 2005 version (the 2004 and older ones do not run on WIN 7) and try to enhance the gameplay with modding and enjoy features different people have developed over nearly 14 years since this game came out.

So signing up on this board was pretty much a no brainer for me.

After decades of playing Football simulations I sould have a well rounded idea of what I want to have and what I like to play.
And I do.
So I just write down the most important features I would like to have and maybe the veterans could give me the inside wether I can obtain it via existing mods or have to scratch it or what I can do to pimp my copy of 2005 to the desired status.

Here we go in no particular order:

1.) Franchise modus - biggest thing, most important.

When I played the Madden 2004 version (who is no longer running on my WIN 7 machine) I had two franchises going which I played most.
An actual NFL Leauge with updated rosters for the latest players to play the latest NFL season.
And - more important - the WFL or WLAF.
A 32 teams league with some old WLAF clubs like the Surge, Riders, Knights and so on in the American Conference and of course the European counterparts like the Galaxy, Dragons, Monarchs and so forth who met in the WORLD BOWL do find out which continent prevailed in the latest edition.
The biggest fun part was creating the remaining teams to fill out the 32 league slots like lets say the Vancouver Blackhawks or the Vienna Vipers.
While Madden 2005 offers a frainchise mode, it is only playable with the existing NFL squads.
By the way: Where in the game folders or the CD's does one find the endzones, helmets and unis for the pre-existing NFL teams and the NFL Europe teams?

2.) Roster and Player modifications
Creating own players and rosters and editing them.
Most important changing numbers would be nice since I hate DEs with the 62 or TEs with the Number 11.

While I easily can create a new team in 2005 and edit things via the customart Folder (helmets, Logos unis and endzones) I cannot create a new franchise with these teams. Only the existing NFL franchises can be selected. I could do this in 2004 why not in 2005?
Is there a modding for it and why did they prevent the user from playing with custom made franchises in the 2005 verson when it was possible in 2004?

3.) Creating own tournament settings in franchise mode

I would like to create different league formats, like 24 teams or 16 teams with or without postseason play.
Simply changing the classic 32 teams NFL format to an individual one I create myself.

4.) Career stats for (created) players and League records kept etc.

So please give me notice which of the aforementioned features I would like to have are realistic to get with existing modding and which of them remain a pipe dream.

Thanx for your advice and time in advance.

Greeting from Gridirionmate

Hello, Hi, Howdy and Greetings

Sponsor

Sponsor

trinhthieugia
Rookie

Re: New Users - Introduce yourself here

Postby trinhthieugia » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:56 am

Hi all,

New member here from Vietnam! I went to school in Nebraska and spent 3 years watching Cornhuskers football and now am watching NFL weekly highlights thru YouTube :D

Also playing Madden 19. I'm trying to update the roster in game with the most current roster files. Any help is appreciated!

RoyalHeath
Rookie

Postby RoyalHeath » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:10 pm

What's up folks?

I am excited to join a community that has helped get Madden 20 on PC running smooth. I look forward to collaborating with everyone on editing rosters for franchise mode. I live in Texas and have modded other games but Madden on PC is a first for me! I enjoy historical rosters and custom rosters in general. I have been a huge madden gamer for quite a while. However, as we all know Madden has its limitations!

I look forward to getting help and helping others!

drewcat
Rookie

Postby drewcat » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:30 pm

Hey guys. I used to be here years ago and have become interested again. I have to download all the mods over again since I have a new system. Not interested in paying EA any more than I already have.

Thanks to everyone for all that you do. It is greatly appreciated.

pops
Rookie

Postby pops » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:51 pm

Hello everyone,
I’m new to modding looking to get right into it but I need some help and instructions. I currently have a Xbox one and madden 20 really liking the game but would like to change it up a little. Any help you have is greatly needed

darthcidious
Rookie

Postby darthcidious » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:30 pm

Good day I am here because I'm sick of modern madden and the lack of vision that EA has
I miss the days of Good game play and depth of dynasty mode
EA went to flash and micro transactions over depth and fun.
I'm ready to build my dynasty with the coaching trees again
I look forward to learning how to create and share my work

StoneyKaroney
Rookie

Postby StoneyKaroney » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:49 pm

Finally got madden on PC after years of playing on console. I am super excited to be able to modify the game how i see fit. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the madden 19\20 mods.

Mr-b0jangles
Rookie

Postby Mr-b0jangles » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:06 pm

Hello everyone,

First time poster here. Lifelong Detroit Lions fan but I also root for the Vikings when they aren't playing the Lions or if the Lions have no shot (which they generally don't). I used to be all Lions but my dad and brothers are all Vikings fans and the Vikes are the closest thing to a local team in my area so they kind of grew on me over the years.

I've been playing football video games for about 30 years. My brother plays Tecmo Super Bowl for NES competitively and I've gotten into that as well. However, Madden 08 on the PC is still the king for me. These mods are great and I am super grateful for all the hard work everyone has put into them.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:03 am

Mr-b0jangles wrote:Hello everyone,

First time poster here. Lifelong Detroit Lions fan but I also root for the Vikings when they aren't playing the Lions or if the Lions have no shot (which they generally don't). I used to be all Lions but my dad and brothers are all Vikings fans and the Vikes are the closest thing to a local team in my area so they kind of grew on me over the years.

I've been playing football video games for about 30 years. My brother plays Tecmo Super Bowl for NES competitively and I've gotten into that as well. However, Madden 08 on the PC is still the king for me. These mods are great and I am super grateful for all the hard work everyone has put into them.

Lifelong Lions fan who also roots for Minnesota? That doesn't compute, haha. Welcome to the forum.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

adamh6262
Rookie

Postby adamh6262 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:47 pm

Hello everyone,

Lifelong Madden player here. I have always played on console up until this year. I was motivated to build a gaming PC and explore the full potential of the games with the fantastic work the modders put in. I specifically built my PC with the idea in mind of playing with NCAA teams again but little did I know what all was possible. I can’t wait to really dive in on all of the various mods out there

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”