New Users - Introduce yourself here

Anything and everything.
LionKing
Rookie

Re: New Users - Introduce yourself here

Postby LionKing » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:05 am

Lion King fresh from ps4 disappointment 2020 no 2020 draft class we had to play with 2019 rosters or buy madden 21 ,Im formally Motown so im not new just been playing on a different format

Sponsor

Sponsor

Kaladin23
Rookie

Postby Kaladin23 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:00 am

Hello, I'm Chet. I've been an Eagles fan since I was 13 and learned that the NFL was a thing. I played Madden 04-08 on old PCs before they stopped making them, and since I haven't used a console since 2011, I kinda never got to play again until 19. I didn't imagine that good old Madden 08 would have an active community, and so I never looked for one. So my entry here is extremely delayed, but I'm on a nostalgia trip, and I long for the actually fun career mode we had in 08, because the new ones are awful.

Thanks for having me here :D

LionKing
Rookie

Postby LionKing » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:21 pm

Many of you who have been around from the start know Fikus ,well i communicate with him often by text and phone like many old ones he left for Madden 19 he and BKGiant he knew I was Ps4 and said he was coming over then after learning we could not game online with 2020 draft class and had to buy yet another game Madden 21 I left recently and came back to game Madden 08PC but like I told Fikus is it really 08 ? NO with guys like RogerJinx still doing rosters the game is actually Madden 21 except we play for free not like PS4 and Madden 19 EASports are greedy dudes here they have Patrick on the cover of PS4 2020 yet online they have 2019 rosters the 21 season is not here yet we are on the 2020 season thats why I left they are the sames ones who shut down the 08 lobby to force kids to upgrade to xbox or ps4 .A video game is a video game to me the only advantages of ps4 is thousands are online at any given time as opposed to 08s small gaming community but hopefully other kids will begin to look at how dirty EASports are and start gaming again on Madden 08/21 I say 21 because it really is and Madden AI engine recognize the new draft class by name I said WOW that is cool ,Al Michaels said good stop by Trufant , Desmond Trufant was not on the 2008 roster so it makes the game even more up to date.Keep up the good work kids like Bus36 revan fan Nicky and others.

Bodeyboestar
Rookie

Postby Bodeyboestar » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:05 pm

Long time Seahawks fan and long time Madden player. new to this forum and am trying to get into Madden 08 for the PC because, like many of you, am tired of EA giving us poor franchise modes year after year. Been seeing a lot of stuff about this forum and how awesome all the support is for madden 08 so i decided to give it a shot!

kiksuya44
Rookie

Postby kiksuya44 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:58 pm

Hello there, new user here. I'm from Asia, so English is not my native language. I love football and became a big NFL fan recently, still playing vanilla Madden 08 on pc. Just got to know this forum and awesome modding community, trying to learn how to mod this awesome game. Thanks :D

Bancker
Rookie

Postby Bancker » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:50 pm

Packers fan here. I've been tired of the Madden series for probably about a decade now, at least since the turn of the new console generation. I randomly stumbled across the fact that Madden 08 still has a booming community. So at this point now, considering how good the PS2 Maddens were made, it seems like a no-brainer to join this community. EA Sports has pretty much killed my love for their new games. So I'm very grateful for every single person that helps to keep this community alive.

WalterKovacs-80
Rookie

Postby WalterKovacs-80 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:29 pm

Hi everyone, I've been a madden fan since 2002. I'm a Los Angeles Rams fan. I write from Italy, I am happy to be among you.

HyperVenom31
Rookie

Postby HyperVenom31 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:45 pm

Hello There :D

I'm from Indonesia who happen to enjoy watching the NFL since 2013 and the first time i play madden is madden 09 in Nintendo DS, i play Madden 08 since its the only Madden for PC before Madden 19-21 came out, but i just love Madden 08 i wont even bother trying the new Madden because people says its sucks... :shock: Nice to meet ya :)

Anyway a lot of people in here says "American football" as "Rugby" which is a different sports :lol:
i love to say bruh

Onkruid
Rookie

Postby Onkruid » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:12 am

Hello All,

I’ve loved football as long as I can remember. I’m a die hard Bills fan. Family is from Buffalo, NY but I grew up in cowboys nation in north east Texas. Go figure. None of the less the years we went to the Super Bowl against the cowboys too.

Been playing football games since the sega genesis. My dad would buy them and of course you know I had to play them. I always played on console up until I noticed Madden was on pc recently. Last game I bought was 2018 for the Xbox. Doing some research online I found that people mod 08. So of course then I went on the hunt for a copy of 08 for my pc. Downloaded it last night and bam it worked. So here I am looking for mod or to up the game. I’m guessing people here have modded the game to make it more like the newer ones.

I would love to have some help with some of this stuff if anyone is willing to help me. By all mean please message me or something.

All time Madden fan!!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:54 pm

Onkruid wrote:So here I am looking for mod or to up the game. I’m guessing people here have modded the game to make it more like the newer ones.

I would love to have some help with some of this stuff if anyone is willing to help me. By all mean please message me or something.

First I'd recommend checking out the Starting Guide for New Players to help you get the game set up and updated. After that, play around with it, see what interests you, and start asking questions. Many of us, myself included, would be glad to share what we know.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”