New Users - Introduce yourself here

Anything and everything.
Laansy Paansy
Rookie

Re: New Users - Introduce yourself here

Postby Laansy Paansy » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:32 am

I'm a life long Lions fan... and I've been playing madden 08 since release :^) I joined the forum for 1 question. I can't figure out if it's possible to unlock the hall of fame players on madden 08 pc. Hoping to eventually get that answered. I think it's amazing what this forum has to offer either way!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Trionfo
Rookie

Postby Trionfo » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:18 pm

Obligatory introduction line here. But seriously, I love the MAdden franchise, Im 36 years old, and this game gave me the love for football that I have passed on to my kids.

jalenhurts
Rookie

Postby jalenhurts » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:37 pm

huge madden 08 fan here. just recently installed the game. looking for people to play ASAP, been itching to play this for some time

MobiuslyGhost
Rookie

Postby MobiuslyGhost » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:01 pm

Hey all, I'm a 21 year old dude who loves watching the Philadelphia Eagles play football (except this year so far). I've been a football fan since 2015 and I've been itching for a good football game to enjoy since the recent maddens have all been colossal disappointments. I'm looking forward to modding and playing the heck out of madden 08.

antrockstone
Rookie

Postby antrockstone » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:37 am

Hello everyone, I don't have much to say since I just got found out about this website and recently got madden 08 for the pc. After all the maddens that I have played throughout the years none have ever excited me more than 08.

The past few years I haven't even played madden until a few months ago when I picked up madden 21 just to play franchise mode with some friends. I'm not surprised with how shitty the game came out since every madden that I tried such as 19 or 20 was pretty bad in my opinion. The only this thing that I can give it a pat on the back for is its graphics compared to 08 but then again that's a 13 year difference so there should be better improvements than just that.

Anyways, even though I am having fun (only in franchise mode) I was thinking back to madden 08 when my interest for the series really took off. To get the annoying itch away I decided to get madden 08 for the pc and try it out. Honestly I'm not having a problem with it. No glitches or clunky controls are visible to me and that made me happy.

Thats when I decided to look for graphic mods to improve the old game and I stumbled upon this website. The only thing that I'm looking for at the moment is how to make my own post to look for questions since I couldn't find an menu for that lol. Anyway thanks for reading this far and have a good day.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:58 am

antrockstone wrote:Thats when I decided to look for graphic mods to improve the old game and I stumbled upon this website. The only thing that I'm looking for at the moment is how to make my own post to look for questions since I couldn't find an menu for that lol. Anyway thanks for reading this far and have a good day.

Yeah, before anyone is allowed to post openly here, we moderators have to approve them. It's a measure to fight spam. Anyway, what kind of graphical improvements are you looking for exactly? The FF/FI Mod contains a collection of improvements to uniforms, stadiums, equipment, field art, and even makes the crowds slightly less horrific. If you don't want the full mod though, all of those updates and more can be found in the Graphics subforum.

If you want a guide to help get you started, I would suggest you check out the Starting Guide for New Players. It's pinned globally so you should see it no matter which subforum you look in.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

antrockstone
Rookie

Postby antrockstone » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:39 pm

Thx I'll take a look at it. I know I have been hearing a lot about it. Honestly anything to update the models. Also I was wondering if there was anyway to change the main menu since I have nostalgia for the 360 version but that isn't really important just would be cool.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:56 pm

antrockstone wrote:Thx I'll take a look at it. I know I have been hearing a lot about it. Honestly anything to update the models. Also I was wondering if there was anyway to change the main menu since I have nostalgia for the 360 version but that isn't really important just would be cool.

The menu is changed a bit in the FF/FI Mod, but I don't think there's any mods turning the menu into the 360 menu. I could be wrong, but if one does exist, I've not seen it.

As for the player models, we can't really mod those. We have been able to mod stadium models, though. And a lot of the stuff around the player, like the uniforms and equipment, have been modded to look much better.
My Cowboys Journal

antrockstone
Rookie

Postby antrockstone » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:10 pm

I'm also wondering about online. Me and some friends have a program called hamachi which pretty much acts like a local network so I was wondering how to set up an online match. Also if I download any mods would they have to get the same ones for it to work.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:54 pm

antrockstone wrote:I'm also wondering about online. Me and some friends have a program called hamachi which pretty much acts like a local network so I was wondering how to set up an online match. Also if I download any mods would they have to get the same ones for it to work.

I don't know much about playing online, so you'll have to look in the online subforums for that. I can however tell you that you and your opponents will need the same mods. If you all have the same mods, online should work fine. I just don't know the specifics of setting it up.
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”