New Users - Introduce yourself here

Anything and everything.
xxLORDxxJONESxx
Rookie

Re: New Users - Introduce yourself here

Postby xxLORDxxJONESxx » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:58 pm

Hi there,

CJ in Toronto here. Happy to be here.

Madden 04 - 08 on PS2!!! My friends and I used to organize Madden Tournaments in my parents basement using 4 or 5 tv's. We always began with a fantasy draft and everyone created their own team including uniforms.

Nice to see there's folks out there who also feel that this version of Madden was just more fun!! And still needs to be played.

I never stopped playing Madden 08 on PS2, but I only recently thought to seek a community. I just installed the PC version, and I must say, it is visually appealling and plays real smooth. The updated rosters and player pics really validate the awesome gameplay of this Madden era. Feels totally legit in 2020.

Not sure how prominent of a community there is, but looking forward to some Madden 08 matches/tournies! Hit me up.

CJ

mightyusaid wrote:I absolutely hate the new madden games, I loved Madden 08, played it in my ps2 and i still miss the franchise on this madden.

hit me up if you're down to play sometime!

BB3 wrote:Just got my copy of Madden 08 - so excited to see how everything I read about this community comes to life on PC!
I want to personally thank everyone for over a decade of commitment to the love of football.
~BB3

Right on! Let me know if you'd like to get a game going, CJ

boloss wrote:hi from south of france my name's antoine (bonjour antoine)
39 yo
a long disease (since my 15's and still going on) stucks me in my chair, so i've been watching lots of games and played video games for a very long time
been following the nfl since tiki barber and kurt warner.
Played on pc nfl 05 and nfl 08 for a very long time and after on ps3 and next gen. Went back to nfl 19 on pc, cool stuffs and others mods.
A fan of 49ers, i still have a jersey of crabtree printed on my back which i bought in the bay. well he didn't blow the records as joe montana, but the jersey was cheaper. Was looking for kaepernick's one but couldn't find it.
Anyway i am a noob at modding, trying presently to make the mdc files (the draft classes available on the site) loadable by franchise mode. Can't find a way help me

Let's play :)
-CJ

Sponsor

Sponsor

Blazes49
Rookie

Postby Blazes49 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:43 pm

Hello all,

Madden vet since the beginning, first time playing on PC. Like probably most here, Madden 08 holds a special place in my gaming heart.
I look forward to using the mods that most of you here have sunk over a decade of work into.
Thank you all!

BOG4RT
Rookie

Postby BOG4RT » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:49 pm

Hey folks,

Just got Madden 08 set up today, and everything looks and feels great so far. Thanks to everyone who helped make this possible, I'm excited to enjoy sports gaming again! First time playing Madden on PC and I'm very impressed so far.

Thanks again,
Luke

cheesesteaksareyummy
Rookie

Postby cheesesteaksareyummy » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:27 pm

Hello!

I played a ton of Madden 04-06 and 10 as a kid. 06 was with my best friend on PC and I am trying to get back into it. Madden 20 is disappointing even though it's finally out on PC and I just now discovered you guys. I'm trying to set up Madden 08 and look forward to learning how to use all the stuff this community has created. After I get 08 installed I'm gonna try and install all the updates and patches. Hoping it goes well.

-Thanks,
Cheesesteak

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:52 pm

cheesesteaksareyummy wrote:Hello!

I played a ton of Madden 04-06 and 10 as a kid. 06 was with my best friend on PC and I am trying to get back into it. Madden 20 is disappointing even though it's finally out on PC and I just now discovered you guys. I'm trying to set up Madden 08 and look forward to learning how to use all the stuff this community has created. After I get 08 installed I'm gonna try and install all the updates and patches. Hoping it goes well.

-Thanks,
Cheesesteak

Please check out the Starting Guide for New Players if you haven't already. Should be a big help.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

NGxBG
Rookie

Postby NGxBG » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:45 am

Hello Madden community,

I am Nikolay, from Bulgaria (Europe)! Madden 08 was my go to game on PC since it got released. I eventually couldn't run it anymore when i had to update my laptop and put Windows 10 on it :(.

Only a couple of days back i read an article on IGN about you guys and i was so exited to try and run this masterpiece again. After two hours of reading guides and running scripts and etc. i was able to enjoy Madden 08 once again...and it is better than ever!

A huge THANK YOU guys for this community and keeping the game that i love so much, still running...even after EA abandoned it!

Your version is hands down the GOAT of Madden games.

Cheers!

stan
Rookie

Postby stan » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:44 am

Hey, My name is Lazar and I am from Serbia, I am new to madden games and I'm hoping i can get everything ready and set up for online play.

petsounds
Rookie

Postby petsounds » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:33 pm

Hi all, im Jon new to madden on pc but this looks like a great site. Carnt wait to get involved.

iamcubsman
Rookie

Postby iamcubsman » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:28 pm

Despite my username, I'm a life long Falcons fan. I found my way here in hopes to find some resources for extracting 3d models for players and equipment. If anybody could point me to forum resources, I'll read up on what is being done and see if I can contribute in a meaningful way.

Thanks!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:42 pm

iamcubsman wrote:Despite my username, I'm a life long Falcons fan. I found my way here in hopes to find some resources for extracting 3d models for players and equipment. If anybody could point me to forum resources, I'll read up on what is being done and see if I can contribute in a meaningful way.

Thanks!

I honestly don't know if we've ever found a way to do that with Madden 08. If you're referring to Madden 20... well I don't know much about modding Madden 20.

My suggestion would be to look in the Modding and Utilities subforums. Maybe Graphics too. If you don't find anything useful, feel free to create a post about it and see if anyone more knowledgeable than myself can aid you.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”