What Are You Watching?

Anything and everything.
camon7789
Pro Bowl

Re: What Are You Watching?

Postby camon7789 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:47 pm

finished luke cage season 2 a couple of days ago i thought it was better than season 1
8.5/10
I just want to conquer people and their souls. - Mike Tyson

Sponsor

Sponsor

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:20 pm

I've started watching The Expanse. The first few episodes were a bit slow, but it laid out the setting fairly well. Five episodes in, I'm looking forward to where the story is going.

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:19 pm

These 3 TV Series:
1. The Office
2. The Flash
3. Last Man Standing
4. Growing Pains
5. Family Ties

These:
Batman Forever (1995)
TRON: Legacy (2010)

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:05 am

sarcasticface wrote:These 3 TV Series:
1. The Office
2. The Flash
3. Last Man Standing
4. Growing Pains
5. Family Ties

These:
Batman Forever (1995)

1. I don't know what to say, other than...

"BUTTLICKER, OUR PRICES HAVE NEVER BEEN LOWER!!!"

2. Never watched it.
3. Used to like it. Not so much toward the end. Probably won't watch the revival out of principal due to Fox cancelling Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Last Man on Earth (though 99 was saved by NBC.)
4. Never seen it.
5. My favorite 80s show. Well... yeah, probably. Not counting shows that started in the 70s. If we were, MASH all the freaking way.

Lately, I've been finishing up Cloak and Dagger and the Blacklist. I also need to watch more It's Always Sunny, and I've been planning to check out Westworld.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:43 am

RevanFan wrote:
1. The Office
2. The Flash
3. Last Man Standing
4. Growing Pains
5. Family Ties

These:
Batman Forever (1995)

2. Never watched it.
3. Used to like it. Not so much toward the end. Probably won't watch the revival out of principal due to Fox cancelling Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Last Man on Earth (though 99 was saved by NBC.)
4. Never seen it.
5. My favorite 80s show. Well... yeah, probably. Not counting shows that started in the 70s. If we were, MASH all the freaking way.

Lately, I've been finishing up Cloak and Dagger and the Blacklist. I also need to watch more It's Always Sunny, and I've been planning to check out Westworld.

Why did I say "3" TV Series? I meant "5".
1. "Andy, it's Christmas and you're singing about nudity in France."
2. The Flash is actually a pretty good TV series, other than Barry marrying his foster step-sister (who, btw, is black, sorry to be racist), and everyone saying, "Run, Barry, run!"
3. I still like it. I can't wait for the revival. My only problem is that Molly Ephraim (Mandy) isn't returning. (Mandy will still be in it, just played by a different actress.)
4. Classic 80's TV Series.
5. "C'mon, Ellen, you're buying me dinner."
What about the movies I said?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:41 pm

sarcasticface wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
1. The Office
2. The Flash
3. Last Man Standing
4. Growing Pains
5. Family Ties

These:
Batman Forever (1995)

2. Never watched it.
4. Never seen it.

Why did I say "3" TV Series? I meant "5".
1. "Andy, it's Christmas and you're singing about nudity in France."
2. The Flash is actually a pretty good TV series, other than Barry marrying his foster step-sister (who, btw, is black, sorry to be racist), and everyone saying, "Run, Barry, run!"
3. I still like it. I can't wait for the revival. My only problem is that Molly Ephraim (Mandy) isn't returning. (Mandy will still be in it, just played by a different actress.)
4. Classic 80's TV Series.
5. "C'mon, Ellen, you're buying me dinner."
What about the movies I said?

2. You could have easily left out that detail. It isn't important. Him marrying his step-sister is rather weird, though. I've heard my friends say that's their biggest complaint about the show. I once tried to get into the Arrowverse, but really couldn't.

I've not seen Batman Forever, and I don't really remember Tron: Legacy. I remember fancy visuals, but nothing about it other than that really stood out to me.
My Cowboys Journal

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:16 am

1. The Truman Show (1998)
2. The Burbs (1989)
3. The Fugitive (1993)

I love 1 and 3. 2 I watch just for the kicks.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:43 pm

RevanFan wrote:I've not seen Batman Forever, and I don't
really remember Tron: Legacy. I
remember fancy visuals, but nothing
about it other than that really stood out to
me.

Tron: Legacy was an alright movie, not amazing but good. To me, the best part of the movie was its soundtrack, which is pretty good (And few of those songs are in my playlist). I think I can say the same about Pacific Rim (The first one, haven't watched the second one). Alright movie, greaat soundtrack.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:28 am

Alright so, holy shit! (Never thought I’d say that). X-Men: Dark Phoenix was SO freaking awesome! Screw Rotten Tomatoes, what do they know!?!?! I recommend you all see it.

Plus, Hans Zimmer did the soundtrack so that’s a huge PLUS!!!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:56 am

sarcasticface wrote:Alright so, holy shit! (Never thought I’d say that). X-Men: Dark Phoenix was SO freaking awesome! Screw Rotten Tomatoes, what do they know!?!?! I recommend you all see it.

Plus, Hans Zimmer did the soundtrack so that’s a huge PLUS!!!

Well, technically, Rotten Tomatoes is just an aggregation of all critical reviews. And pretty much every critic says it's crap. And judging by how many issues people seem to have at adapting Jean Grey's Dark Phoenix storyline, I wouldn't be surprised. I saw one reviewer even say it was worse than X-Men Origins: Wolverine, which is... harsh, to say the least. I don't doubt it has some positives though. The cast are all great actors, for instance. And sometimes it's possible to even love a crap movie (ever see the Room?)

I personally won't judge it until I see it. I'm not planning to see it in theaters, but I'll watch it once it's out. Probably will buy the Blu-ray. I have all of the movies in that series, save the aforementioned Origins (which I will likely buy sometime, if only to fill out the collection and to make it easier for me to laugh at the jokes about it in Deadpool 1 and 2.) But I'm not going to sit in an uncomfortable theater and spend $14 to see it now. I'll save that money for Spider-Man.
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”