XOR NFL Challenge

Anything and everything.
stratonascar
Veteran

Re: XOR NFL Challenge

Postby stratonascar » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:24 am

This Just In, I've added the 1972 League File for NFL Challenge so you can replay the Miami Dolphins Perfect Season of 1972 led by Starting QB Bob Griese as well as the No-Name Defense along with The Washington Redskins and Starting QB Billy Kilmer and RB Larry Brown, The Pittsburgh Steelers Steel Curtain Defense and lots more in this league file, if there's any roster mistakes, let me know.
Attachments
1972.zip
(365.32 KiB) Downloaded 161 times

Sponsor

Sponsor

stratonascar
Veteran

Postby stratonascar » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:46 pm

Added The 1973 NFL Season for NFL Challenge which included the Miami Dolphins in which they won their Second-Straight Super Bowl led by Bob Griese, Larry Csonka, Mercury and the No-Name Defense plus Fran Tarkenton, OJ Simpson and a Cast of others in this 32 Team Season (or you can play with a 28 Tean if you wish.)

If There's Any Changes feel free to reply on some mistakes and maybe omissions.
Attachments
1973.zip
(390.53 KiB) Downloaded 152 times

stratonascar
Veteran

Postby stratonascar » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:23 am

It's Official, I've added the 1974 Season for XOR's NFL Challenge in which the Pittsburgh Steelers led by the Steel Curtain defense which Include Mean Joe Greene, Jack Ham, Mel Blount and Jack Lambertt as well as QB Terry Bradshaw scored their first Super Bowl Win in Franchise History along with Great Stars like Oakland's Passing Connection of Ken Stabler and Cliff Branch, Chuck Foreman of the Minnesota Vikings, NFC Rushing Leader Lawrence McCutcheon of the LA Rams, Terry Metcalf and Jim Hart of the St. Louis Cardinals, OJ Simpson of the Buffalo Bills, NFL Leading Rusher Otis Armstrong of the Denver Broncos, Sam Cunningham of the New England Patriots, BIlly Kilmer and Sonny Jurgensen signal calling the Washington Redskins and the San Diego Chargers with a Young Dan Fouts calling the Shots on QB and Don Woods on RB, Feel Free to Download and if you want to make changes, let me know.
Attachments
1974.zip
(395.42 KiB) Downloaded 163 times

stratonascar
Veteran

Postby stratonascar » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:30 am

And So NFL Challenge have finished the gaps of doing every season in the Super Bowl Era starting in 1966 with the addition of 1975 featuring the Pittsburgh Steelers led by Terry Bradshaw that won their second straight Super Bowl with Head Coach Chuck Noll, The Dallas Cowboys which saw the Hail Mary Game Winning TD Pass from Roger Staubach to Drew Pearson that beat the Minnesota Vikings 17-14 on December 28, 1975 to qualify for the NFC Championship Game and destroyed the LA Rams 37-7 before losing to the Steelers in Super Bowl X, Plus Other NFL Stars of '75 including Jim Otis of the St. Louis Cardinals, Ken Stabler of the Oakland Raiders, The Purple People Eating defense of the Minnesota Vikings led by Carl Eller, Alan Page and Paul Krause, Cincinnati Bengals QB Ken Anderson, Baltimore Colts QB Bert Jones, Miami Dolphins QB Bob Griese, Ken Burrough and Billy "White Shoes" Johnson of the Houston Oilers and not to mention OJ Simpson of the Buffalo Bills and Broadway Joe Namath of the New York Jets can be found this 1975 NFL Challenge Disk (well we made the up because XOR doesn't exist in 1975, sorry), download it here and after that I'm going to do a Google Drive File for the Whole NFL Challenge Set itself and we will add more College Football Teams, stay tuned!

1975.zip
(500.08 KiB) Downloaded 157 times

stratonascar
Veteran

Postby stratonascar » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:46 am

And So It's Official, I've Completely Made the Complete Edition for NFL Challenge on Google Drive, so here's the link to Download It: https://archive.org/details/nfl-challenge-the-complete-edition

However If you want to have any changes regarding to any sets that we have, please post and If anyone has the following NFL Challenge Season Disks for the actual XOR Version 1986 NFL Challenge Season let me know as well as the following

- NFL Challenge Greatest Teams Disk (1966-1988)
- NFL Dream Season Disk which features the Teams that aired on ESPN in 1989 (1951 Rams, 1953 Lions, 1955 Browns, 1959 Colts, 1960 Eagles, 1963 Chargers, 1964 Browns, 1966 Packers, 1968 Jets, 1969 Chiefs, 1971 Cowboys, 1972 Dolphins, 1976 Raiders, 1977 Cowboys, 1978 Steelers, 1982 Redskins, 1983 Raiders, 1984 49ers, 1985 Bears, 1986 Giants)
- NCAA Football 1990 Season
- NCAA Football 1991 Season
- NCAA Football Alumni Squads

If you have any of these Disks feel free to Upload or You Can Also Upload your own set which would consist of New College Teams and Seasons, An Updated All-Time NFL Franchise Teams Disk (with 32 Teams in this set), New NFL Season Sets from 1961 to 1965 and Pre-1960 Seasons and so on, so contribute now!

stratonascar
Veteran

Postby stratonascar » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:52 am

This Just In: The First NFL Challenge Add-On Pack for that Complete Edition it features 6 Generic Teams (all named after Women on ABC's The Bachelor since Season 19) and get this 26 Classic College Football Teams + 1984 USFL Season so here's the download link for the record

NFL Challenge Add-On Pack #1.zip
(157.74 KiB) Downloaded 169 times

zonecadet
Rookie

Postby zonecadet » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:05 am

stratonascar wrote:And So NFL Challenge have finished the gaps of doing every season in the Super Bowl Era starting in 1966 with the addition of 1975 featuring the Pittsburgh Steelers led by Terry Bradshaw that won their second straight Super Bowl with Head Coach Chuck Noll, The Dallas Cowboys which saw the Hail Mary Game Winning TD Pass from Roger Staubach to Drew Pearson that beat the Minnesota Vikings 17-14 on December 28, 1975 to qualify for the NFC Championship Game and destroyed the LA Rams 37-7 before losing to the Steelers in Super Bowl X, Plus Other NFL Stars of '75 including Jim Otis of the St. Louis Cardinals, Ken Stabler of the Oakland Raiders, The Purple People Eating defense of the Minnesota Vikings led by Carl Eller, Alan Page and Paul Krause, Cincinnati Bengals QB Ken Anderson, Baltimore Colts QB Bert Jones, Miami Dolphins QB Bob Griese, Ken Burrough and Billy "White Shoes" Johnson of the Houston Oilers and not to mention OJ Simpson of the Buffalo Bills and Broadway Joe Namath of the New York Jets can be found this 1975 NFL Challenge Disk (well we made the up because XOR doesn't exist in 1975, sorry), download it here and after that I'm going to do a Google Drive File for the Whole NFL Challenge Set itself and we will add more College Football Teams, stay tuned!

1975.zip

Just thought I'd say thanks for all the great work on past NFL seasons files. However, I gotta point out that somehow in the conversion (I'm assuming these all come from Madden files) the best receiver on the teams ends up being WR3 and WR3 is only in on 4 plays in the whole playbook and so, will hardly ever make a reception. Cliff Branch on the Raiders is an example. So, to get the most out of the teams you have to at least change that straight off, which is easy enough to do. Another issue I have with the Game is that it requires 'starters' at Nickle and dime on defense. That's fine but, especially the nickle, you actually don't want the 5th or 6th best guys in those slots. You want them on the bench to cover injuries to your starters. Better to put no.7 and no.8 at Nickle and Dime.

bbgeek
Rookie

Postby bbgeek » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:19 pm

I just found this thread. Great stuff! :-)

I bought this game when it first came out in 1985, even though $100 seemed really expensive at the time. :shock:

Anyway, I just downloaded the game and have it running in dosbox, and love all of the teams that have been contributed here! Is there an easy way to switch between seasons? It seems the only teams the game recognizes are in the "install" directory where nfl.exe is located.

zonecadet
Rookie

Postby zonecadet » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:09 am

bbgeek wrote:I just found this thread. Great stuff! :-)

I bought this game when it first came out in 1985, even though $100 seemed really expensive at the time. :shock:

Anyway, I just downloaded the game and have it running in dosbox, and love all of the teams that have been contributed here! Is there an easy way to switch between seasons? It seems the only teams the game recognizes are in the "install" directory where nfl.exe is located.

Yeah, that's how it operates. to run different seasons you have to have a different folder with all the game files AND your new season teams. You can copy/paste these files from one to the other however, if you run any league other than a 28 team NFL league you'll have to alter the league.nfl file in Notepad to show your new Teams/League in the start of game menu. Easy enough to do. Can't change the names of the Divisions though, they are hard coded in the NFL.exe file

stratonascar
Veteran

Postby stratonascar » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:39 am

This Just In: The Second NFL Challenge Add-On Pack for that Complete Edition it features 4 Generic Teams (all named after Women on ABC's The Bachelor since Season 12) and get this 28 Classic College Football Teams + More Classic Pro Football Teams, Download if you like but on the Next Update let's get the 2020 Rosters!

NFL Challenge Add-On Pack #2.zip
(193.02 KiB) Downloaded 152 times

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”