If you were a QB in Madden, what would your ratings look like?

Anything and everything.
Raston
MVP

Re: If you were a QB in Madden, what would your ratings look like?

Postby Raston » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:23 pm

When I was in my prime. :) :

THA: 65
THP: 72
AWR: 65
AGI: 88
ACC: 91
SPD: 90
STR: 61
CTH: 83
JMP: 89
CAR: 74
KPW: 85
KAC: 68
BTK: 53
TAK: 50

* Note- This is estimated for right hand since I threw a football right handed. In softball I threw left handed with more velocity and accuracy.

Sponsor

Sponsor

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:49 pm

Just noticed this right about now:
SPD: 74
AWR: 68
AGI: 70
ACC: 50
CTH: 75
CAR: 84
THP: 60
THA: 50
I'd definitely would be a Tim Tebow-like power QB ... or a power FB that can't block ... or a LB.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:22 pm

Me:
Speed: 99
Awareness: 99
Agility: 99
Accelera....jk
Wait, I was dreaming for a second.

Sidelion
MVP

Postby Sidelion » Wed May 01, 2019 12:03 pm

I actually tried estimating this realistically a couple of years ago when I was in much better shape, using this article. It's a lot of fun to play as yourself, and also humbling. Also a kind of homage to George Plimpton for me.

SPD: 64
ACC: 65
AGI: 68
THP: 67
THA: 65 (in new gens my deep throw accuracy would be horrible, my short throw accuracy would be great)
AWR: 40/50 (took a guess on this as "bare minimum")

Also, we'd all look a hell of a lot more competent than Walt, I'm sure.
"Why do you go away? So that you can come back.
So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors.
And the people there see you differently, too."

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Wed May 01, 2019 5:31 pm

In real life?

Speed- 42
Acceleration- 60
Agility- 40
Awareness - 99 8-)
Strength- 85
Throwing Power- 88
Throwing Accuracy- 64
Injury- 12
Toughness- 99 8-)

But, I never was a quarterback, I was too slow and I grew up in Nebraska where option football is king. I only played Flanker and Strong Safety [monster back] in scholastic football. I played cornerback my sophomore year but I hated it. It was balls to the wall back peddling and turn and sprint everydown... I couldn't take it :)
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Wed May 01, 2019 11:51 pm

Speed=40
Acceleration=65
Agility=39
Awareness=90 ( better at defense)
Strength=95
Throwing power=89
Throwing Accuracy= 86 ( used to play 3rd base in league softball)
Injury=10
Toughness=99

This would have been my number before the age of 35.. after that retirement.. I played mostly defense..played DT in semi-pro in Va.and LB/DE in flag.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:11 pm

Speed= 94
Acceleration= 89
Agility= 93
Awareness= 87
Strength= 76
Throwing power= 81
Throwing Accuracy= 82 (I tried to force/guide passes too many ints, throwing on the run was better. Had a problem throwing crossing or slant routes!) I tried out for QB in H.S, but was quickly moved to flanker on the second day of tryouts!

Injury= 99
Toughness= 99

I thought I was golden when I was 23 yr's old!

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:04 am

This is actually an idea that I've been working on with my current franchise. I put in my realistic estimates of madden ratings and have played as a wr/te for one franchise file and the other at qb. Personally I find it more satisfying to play wr/te as it's fun to use the highlight stick more often lol without risking fumbles.
Left-handed thrower despite being right handed in everything else (yea im weird and trained both of my hands to be ambidextrous in middle and high school so I can write and throw with both but throw better with my left arm.)
Speed 87
Acceleration 90
Strength 85
Awareness 92
Agility 85
Catch 95
Jump 93
Throw Power 87
Throw Accuracy 90
Stamina 99
Toughness 98

Funny enough about a year back the teacher team (me + 2 other 28 y.o. guys for a total of 3 people on my team) put up 133 points to 14 points against the high school teenagers (15 students all on one team) on the last week of school. We played 3 hours in the hot summer sun and were gassed at the end of it but we all went and had dinner together (including the students) it was fun. Mind you we had been playing all year long and even though we helped the kids improve and a few times they beat us (maybe 5 times out of the 100 beat downs we gave them lol)...it was hilarious because this day we played lockdown zone defense against 15 students running all over the place with only 3 teachers lol. We played on the roof with artificial turf on a 100 yard pitch. It was quite fun and sometimes got physical with bodying up receivers to prevent catches though we played two hand touch to keep everyone safe. Each of us teachers would take turns being the qb while the other two would be the receivers. I threw the ball 70 yards and regularly got td's from one of my pals who was a teacher and just an outrageous athlete in terms of hands and pure speed. My favorite throws are slants/crosses or just pure streaks. Playing as a wr/te in real life I can just about catch anything thrown my way, even had a few odell'esque one handed grabs (and no im not using gloves just plain hands lol). I don't have lightning speed but sneaky speed where people think I can't really move real fast but once I get the ball in my hands I take good angles to run to the endzone. The best was when one student was talking smack that I ran like a dinosaur and was too "old"....but he proceeded to throw a pick and I ran it back 60 yards for a pick 6. I rubbed it in pretty good haha. :lol: Good times.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”