Shooting in Odessa Tx

Anything and everything.
Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Shooting in Odessa Tx

Postby Austinmario13 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:17 pm

I live in Odessa, and I'm letting everyone know: I'm fine.

Shooting in Odessa Tx

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Re: Shooting in Odessa Tx

Postby Rixster67r » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:32 pm

I am glad you are ok...... My thoughts and prayers are with the victims of this horrible crime.....

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:29 am

Every time this happens (nearly every day), there are so many things that I want to say and do... but we're on a fun, positive, football forum. So... I'm very happy you're okay, and I hope that whomever commit this horrible act gets what they deserve (life in prison being preferable), and the victims and their families get justice.

How are you holding up? Closest I've ever lived to a mass shooting is Sandy Hook (Newtown is only about 35-40 minutes by car.) I can't imagine how freaked out you must be having one in your own city, even though really any distance is "too close". Are all your friends and family safe?
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:44 am

RevanFan wrote:Every time this happens (nearly every day), there are so many things that I want to say and do... but we're on a fun, positive, football forum. So... I'm very happy you're okay, and I hope that whomever commit this horrible act gets what they deserve (life in prison being preferable), and the victims and their families get justice.

How are you holding up? Closest I've ever lived to a mass shooting is Sandy Hook (Newtown is only about 35-40 minutes by car.) I can't imagine how freaked out you must be having one in your own city, even though really any distance is "too close". Are all your friends and family safe?

Other than getting scared, we're fine. The shooter was killed.

GiantsRose
Rookie

Postby GiantsRose » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:10 pm

RevanFan wrote:Every time this happens (nearly every day), there are so many things that I want to say and do... but we're on a fun, positive, football forum. So... I'm very happy you're okay, and I hope that whomever commit this horrible act gets what they deserve (life in prison being preferable), and the victims and their families get justice.

About 2 hours from Sandy Hook for me. Was in high school when it happened. That made me want to get my carry permit but I wasnt aware of the law then when I was finally old enough the "constitution state" added more laws. Made it so much harder and expensive. Cost me half as much time and money to get my Utah permit. Feel bad for the people in New Haven, Hartford, and Bridgeport that are priced out of self defense.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:30 pm

GiantsRose wrote:

About 2 hours from Sandy Hook for me. Was in high school when it happened. That made me want to get my carry permit but I wasnt aware of the law then when I was finally old enough the "constitution state" added more laws. Made it so much harder and expensive. Cost me half as much time and money to get my Utah permit. Feel bad for the people in New Haven, Hartford, and Bridgeport that are priced out of self defense.

While I am personally quite on the liberal side, and would never want to even hold a gun myself, I can definitely see how an event like that would make a lot of people want to find some way to defend themselves and their loved ones. It isn't how I would respond, but the response is perfectly understandable. It's really just an awful situation, and we are the only democratic, "Western" nation that has this issue (or at least, has it to such an extreme degree), and no one seems to want to do anything about it, one way or the other.

Anyway, political discussion is not allowed on this forum by the rules, but this is a thread where the lines are unfortunately blurred a bit. So... if anyone else responds to this thread, I'll say just be VERY careful with what you say. We had far too many threads spiral out of control back in 2016 and we won't let that happen again.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”