My State Has Passed a Milestone!!!

Anything and everything.
RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:54 pm

10,000+ cases of COVID-19! New York was just declared a Major Disaster by FEMA. It's a wonderful time to be alive isn't it?

Our statewide lockdown starts tomorrow night. My mom (with whom I live) works in Connecticut and her job is considered essential, so we'll still have an income thankfully, but I'm not gonna be going anywhere for a long time.

Everybody stay safe, keep a way from other people, wash your hands a ton, and stay inside if possible. Seriously, it's getting really bad out here.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

rambolz
All-Pro

Re: My State Has Passed a Milestone!!!

Postby rambolz » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:41 am

Stay safe Revan and everyone else. I have over a week left of my 14 day quarantine after arriving from abroad. We'll see how bad this gets in the upcoming months :?

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:44 pm

Honest question, why not locking down earlier? Like, here in Venezuela we pretty much started half country quarantine the day after the first cases got confirmed (I'm on day 9 of this quarantine of not sure how any days, maybe 15, maybe 21, and is pretty boring). It's worked ... ehh, good I guess. I think we are still under 100 for now. The US looks like it's going to be a near repeat of Italy at this point.

I'm really hoping this slows down everywhere.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:56 pm

jose21crisis wrote:Honest question, why not locking down earlier? Like, here in Venezuela we pretty much started half country quarantine the day after the first cases got confirmed (I'm on day 9 of this quarantine of not sure how any days, maybe 15, maybe 21, and is pretty boring). It's worked ... ehh, good I guess. I think we are still under 100 for now. The US looks like it's going to be a near repeat of Italy at this point.

Lack of leadership and lack of any sort of coordination between states and between states and the federal government. Also rampant spread of misinformation, to the point where, only a few weeks ago, there were people calling the virus a hoax (including high up in the federal government.) Combine that with a Healthcare system completely under supplied and a federal government that has been gutting public health funding and eliminating Healthcare and pandemic-related positions... Yeah. Recipe for disaster.

Better late than never, but this could have been so much better had we acted sooner and paid attention. There are still a lot of people going around acting like it's nothing to worry about.

Also, New York is now at 15,000+ cases. My county has 82 known, and the neighboring county over the River has 247.
My Cowboys Journal

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:23 pm

Stay safe, keep us updated on what's happening if possible. You are in the thick of it, things are more calm out here on the midwestern plains.
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

albedarnit
All-Pro

Postby albedarnit » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:02 am

RevanFan wrote:
jose21crisis wrote:Honest question, why not locking down earlier? Like, here in Venezuela we pretty much started half country quarantine the day after the first cases got confirmed (I'm on day 9 of this quarantine of not sure how any days, maybe 15, maybe 21, and is pretty boring). It's worked ... ehh, good I guess. I think we are still under 100 for now. The US looks like it's going to be a near repeat of Italy at this point.

Lack of leadership and lack of any sort of coordination between states and between states and the federal government. Also rampant spread of misinformation, to the point where, only a few weeks ago, there were people calling the virus a hoax (including high up in the federal government.) Combine that with a Healthcare system completely under supplied and a federal government that has been gutting public health funding and eliminating Healthcare and pandemic-related positions... Yeah. Recipe for disaster.

Better late than never, but this could have been so much better had we acted sooner and paid attention. There are still a lot of people going around acting like it's nothing to worry about.

Also, New York is now at 15,000+ cases. My county has 82 known, and the neighboring county over the River has 247.

First I would like to say, be smart, safe and unless you need food, medicine or emergency care, stay home. Also, my hope is that all our members are doing well and no one here has that dreaded COVID-19. Sadly, my dear Aunt Theresa passed Saturday as a direct result of this menace.

Normally I don't talk politics with friends and relatives. Way too much drama. But I feel I have to mention this. While COVID-19 was beginning to rear it's ugly head beyond China, President Trump was dealing with that bogus and frankly, inept impeachment fiasco. The whole country, and especially, the Main Stream Media, was focused on that. Is Donald Trump perfect? Absolutely not. Even Ronald Regan had flaws. Do I agree with everything he has done or said? Hell, no. But in my humble opinion, and considering the above mentioned circumstances, I think he has shown incredible leadership during this time. I know people either hate him or love him. And I am not here to argue or bash anyone here. We ALL have a right to our opinions and that is something I have tremendous respect for for as an individual, an American and a veteran. Thank you for allowing me to say what I needed to. That's all I have to say.
"Every coach has his own style of play, but when you spend your whole life as a Cowboy, you have to be influenced by what we did." - Tom Landry

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:09 am

Here in my state (Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil) even before the first case we got in quarantine
but a lot of people are flying back home from others countries, and we are testing only who came to a hospital

so in this week is expected to blow the number of cases
in the next month our Health care system will probably collapse

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:48 am

albedarnit wrote:First I would like to say, be smart, safe and unless you need food, medicine or emergency care, stay home. Also, my hope is that all our members are doing well and no one here has that dreaded COVID-19. Sadly, my dear Aunt Theresa passed Saturday as a direct result of this menace.

I know this phrase doesn't really provide any help at all, but I'm sorry for your loss. Hopefully you can find some solace in this forum.

There are rules banning political discussions here (direct result of 2016 literally tearing this forum apart.) I probably shouldn't have brought it up in the first place, but it's kind of hard to avoid with this topic. I'm going to say we should probably stop it now, while it's still polite haha.

I will say that the number one thing should be staying informed and safe. I have a friend working on testing for the disease right now, and she might try to work at the field hospitals once they're set up, so I am quite nervous pretty much every moment. As for me... We have a large amount of food thankfully. Toilet paper is more iffy, but we have enough to last a few weeks at least.

Hopefully New York doesn't have to remain in lockdown for too long, but yesterday Governor Cuomo said he expects this to be bad for at least 4 months, and up to as many as 9 months. So... Might be in for the long haul.
My Cowboys Journal

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:00 pm

Washington state hit 95 deaths last night. 2000+ cases, but the overwhelming majority are in the large metro areas where it is likely to spread, or where people have already been exposed.

I'm SHOCKED the WA Governor hasn't issued a shelter in place order, since this was a major epicenter.

Be safe all! Stay home if you can.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:37 pm

AaronS wrote:Washington state hit 95 deaths last night. 2000+ cases, but the overwhelming majority are in the large metro areas where it is likely to spread, or where people have already been exposed.

I'm SHOCKED the WA Governor hasn't issued a shelter in place order, since this was a major epicenter.

Be safe all! Stay home if you can.

We're at 20,000 cases now, 12,000 in New York City alone. People are still going out in the parks huddling in groups and playing basketball and jogging closer than six feet apart even though they were ordered not to. 157 dead.
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”