NCAA Realignment

Anything and everything.
MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

NCAA Realignment

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:11 pm

I think in the long run, the NCAA will eventually shape itself after the pro sports conference/division models. I'm not sure how the moves will affect the smaller schools. The benefit I see will be playing vs teams across the country.

What will become of my second favorite conference the Pac 12?

NCAA Realignment

Sponsor

Sponsor

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Re: NCAA Realignment

Postby elguapo » Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:51 pm

I hope players get paid as they are the reason these institutions get all the TV deals, recruiting and stuff.

Say bye bye to NCAA and these mega conferences are going to form their own body with their own rules. Players will probably get paid for likeness in games, commercials and stuff.

The biggest money maker won't be TV deals but from gambling just like in the NFL.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:43 am

elguapo wrote:I hope players get paid as they are the reason these institutions get all the TV deals, recruiting and stuff.

Say bye bye to NCAA and these mega conferences are going to form their own body with their own rules. Players will probably get paid for likeness in games, commercials and stuff.

The biggest money maker won't be TV deals but from gambling just like in the NFL.

Bye-bye ACC, bye-bye Pac 12 or 10, who ever you are. Hello NCAA East and NCAA West. Can't wait to see this soap unfold.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:08 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
elguapo wrote:I hope players get paid as they are the reason these institutions get all the TV deals, recruiting and stuff.

Bye-bye ACC, bye-bye Pac 12 or 10, who ever you are. Hello NCAA East and NCAA West. Can't wait to see this soap unfold.

I remember the WAC going to 16 teams and it quickly dissolved because of travel expenses and rival matches.

I had predicted these big schools were going to get greedy and that something like this would happen.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:35 am

elguapo wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

I remember the WAC going to 16 teams and it quickly dissolved because of travel expenses and rival matches.

I had predicted these big schools were going to get greedy and that something like this would happen.

The main question lately is, where will the fighting Irish football team land after their tv contract is up with NBC Sports. I've been reading they've had bad blood with the Big 10 for a long time to be the reason they haven't joined there. All of their other college sports teams compete in ACC. Being in Indiana, it makes sense to be in the Big 10. That one has always baffled me.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”