Free Crypto Wallet

Anything and everything.
elguapo
Hall of Fame

Free Crypto Wallet

Postby elguapo » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:19 am

Did you know that the Brave browser gives you a free crypto wallet?

It's in the settings under "wallet". Sign up for it, it's free and you don't need to give your personal information. It is very basic and you can buy and send crypto. (You can't receive crypto)

You can also change the Blockchain like Mainnet, Polygon and others to view the coins in that chain.

The browser also allows you to earn free BAT coins (Basic Attention Token) by clicking on their ads. You activate it by clicking on the triangle by the address bar and allowing Brave ads.

So if you wanted to know something about crypto this is a good way to get you started. If you buy crypto you don't have to buy the whole crypto, you can buy a fraction of it. For example one Bitcoin is worth around $20,000 but you can buy $50 dollars worth (and send it to me).

In my opinion crypto is the future because of what the Blockchains and the smart contracts running on those blockchains will do.

If you are young get yourself a wallet and put in $10 a week in a few cryptos like Etherium, Polygon because just like in the stock market, in a few years it will be higher than a few years ago.

Free Crypto Wallet

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Free Crypto Wallet

Postby RevanFan » Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:28 pm

Crypto as a massive industry is dying a slow, painful death I think. I do have some, but right now it's a terrible investment. I can honestly see a situation in which only Bitcoin and maybe Ethereum are left, and all the rest die. The crypto industry is rife with scams, schemes, and terrible ideas, but it does have some potential uses (like journalists in Ukraine purchasing vehicles with it after they lost access to their traditional funds.) I want it to be made less environmentally dangerous, less compute intensive, and more stable. If those don't happen, it doesn't have any future outside of high-risk speculation. It also needs to be properly regulated by governments to have a future with any semblance of safety, but that's a whole different can of worms.

Also crypto mining screws with GPU prices, which pisses me off.

But yeah, the Brave wallet is a decent idea. The Brave browser as a whole is fantastic. I highly recommend it. My favorite browser, and my favorite Chromium-fork EASILY. I would say, right now, the ONLY safe way to get started with crypto at ALL is to enable the Brave rewards system and link to a Gemini wallet (Gemini is... not amazing, and is currently laying off like mad, but I still think it's better than Uphold because it's licensed in New York.) Though a hardware wallet is obviously the ideal wallet.

I will say, it is a good tip that you don't have to buy a whole coin. I didn't know that for a long time.

elguapo wrote:If you are young get yourself a wallet and put in $10 a week in a few cryptos like Etherium, Polygon because just like in the stock market, in a few years it will be higher than a few years ago.

As for that... It may be higher in a few years, but I have serious doubts. Bitcoin is not going anywhere, but I don't know if it'll ever fully recover to its highs... and that might even be a good thing if it actually stabilizes. The rest are all crapshoots.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:46 pm

It is true that the crypto market is down but so are the other markets, stock, metals,...etc. It probably dip a bit more or trade sideways the next two years or until we have an administration (red or blue) that is pro economy.

Everyone should know that the US economy runs the world's economy so when our economy slows down the world's economy slows with it.

Crypto was growing slowly until it exploded in 2017 when we had an administration that opened the economy and money flowed to every money market including the crypto market.

When choosing a crypto choose a crypto that has some sort of utility to it. When more investors see a functionality they will invest and raise the value of the coin.Cryptos that do nothing will do nothing for you and you'll probably lose your money there. So crypto is down right now but that's when you buy and sell when it's high.

Some people I talk to about crypto tell me they don't want to invest in something that will loose value. I let them know that if they ever bought a car they have already invested in an asset that goes down as soon as you drive it out of the lot. With crypto you can double, triple your money.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:17 am

RevanFan wrote: ...and link to a Gemini wallet...

If you have a Gemini wallet include a deposit coin address in your signature as a way to support your hard work. Maybe a deposit address for BAT since I think most of us do research on the internet and can earn BAT using the Brave browser and you can earn more BAT by staking (earn) it in Gemini.

A Bitcoin (BTC), Etherium (ETH), and Gemini stable coins (GUSD) address also to give potential donors more options to donate.

I strongly believe crypto will be the future not necessarily for the crypto side but what the blockchains will do.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:29 am

elguapo wrote:

If you have a Gemini wallet include a deposit coin address in your signature as a way to support your hard work. Maybe a deposit address for BAT since I think most of us do research on the internet and can earn BAT using the Brave browser and you can earn more BAT by staking (earn) it in Gemini.

I may... if I can fit it in haha. Character limits are annoying. I still don't love the environmental impact crypto can have, nor do I love how mining causes GPU prices to skyrocket, but I do earn rewards in BAT every month. Though I only got it on my phone this month. Still hasn't come in on Desktop and it says "payments paused".
My Cowboys Journal

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:42 pm

RevanFan wrote:
elguapo wrote:

I may... if I can fit it in haha. Character limits are annoying. I still don't love the environmental impact crypto can have, nor do I love how mining causes GPU prices to skyrocket, but I do earn rewards in BAT every month. Though I only got it on my phone this month. Still hasn't come in on Desktop and it says "payments paused".

Use the QR code for your deposit address.

You shouldn't worry too much about the environmental impact of crypto because the world is going to end by nuclear war. So enjoy the moment.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:03 am

elguapo wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
elguapo wrote:

Use the QR code for your deposit address.

You shouldn't worry too much about the environmental impact of crypto because the world is going to end by nuclear war. So enjoy the moment.

Ideally I'd like to avoid both of those.

Also, technically the world wouldn't end. Just humanity. Earth would truck along just fine and do some eventual course corrections in a few million years.
My Cowboys Journal

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:46 pm

Talking about crypto

I give Chia Network a try; (they call themselves the Green Bitcoin, 'cause HDD comsuption is lower if compared with CPU / GPU)

tehy use the concept of "space-and-time" so you farm them with HDD (something I have a lot)

with the recent SSD at low prices, a have a ton of old HDD disk here
so i build a farm with them. a HDD should consume under 10 watts

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”