Converting a Franchise Into a Roster

Guides on achieving realism in franchise play.
mee
Hall of Fame

Re: Converting a Franchise Into a Roster

Postby mee » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:58 pm

MadMP wrote:2) What's thie signification of the "TTYP" column in team ? I do note it's about 'created', 'relocated', etc… But i would know what's bits are for.

I am not a roster guy but I know this one.
Team TYPe
NFL, Europe, Created, Fantasy.
1,5,7,I don't know
So the Giants traded Beckham....

Sponsor

Sponsor

MadMP
Rookie

Postby MadMP » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:56 am

Tks mee… :D
Gonna do some tests. Seems ur right, but the rosters (provided here) are not clear on that point.

MadMP
Rookie

Postby MadMP » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:04 pm

Ok, it's not logic… :cry:
I've had to make the TTYP on "5" to keep my teams as 'Created'. Which is mandatory if u want to edit the team (note : the uniform editing is tho no more "correct" because of the FF-XV mod…).
Still, with import of the CTMP & CTMU tables (with changing TGID), it works ! :D
I've only made a simple exhibition test, on only one of my 5 teams (with MRE), as i have yet to do the players import (my created teams are empty).
Now the plyrs part : i was thinking "large" (~ 300 imports), but as i saw there are NO STATS with the mod (don't know why : with the initial (2007) <default roster>, we HAD the stats of say, Brett Favre…), i'll try to reduce to ~150 players import (BUT with MY stats !). My pbm will be with plyrs "retired for me" but "active in the roster" (which is normal, as i am at "2036" and i want to merge with a roster which is in "2015").

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:50 am

MadMP wrote:Ok, it's not logic… :cry:
I've had to make the TTYP on "5" to keep my teams as 'Created'. Which is mandatory if u want to edit the team (note : the uniform editing is tho no more "correct" because of the FF-XV mod…).
Still, with import of the CTMP & CTMU tables (with changing TGID), it works ! :D
I've only made a simple exhibition test, on only one of my 5 teams (with MRE), as i have yet to do the players import (my created teams are empty).
Now the plyrs part : i was thinking "large" (~ 300 imports), but as i saw there are NO STATS with the mod (don't know why : with the initial (2007) <default roster>, we HAD the stats of say, Brett Favre…), i'll try to reduce to ~150 players import (BUT with MY stats !). My pbm will be with plyrs "retired for me" but "active in the roster" (which is normal, as i am at "2036" and i want to merge with a roster which is in "2015").

The reason it doesnt have the stats from the default roster is that the PGID & POID assigned on every player in the mod were altered. You can check my franchise file and see that their PGID is different from default but it has the accurate player stats up to 2014.

MadMP
Rookie

Postby MadMP » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:30 am

the PGID & POID assigned on every player in the mod were altered
Yep, i noted… And i understand it would be a big work to restore the stats after that change (note: it can be done, tho. With a script not so complicated…).
You can check my franchise file and see that their PGID is different from default but it has the accurate player stats up to 2014
Argghh… :shock: !! U'r right :D (i've tested ur franchise, but just for test, and didn't noticed that about the stats).
There's STILL a pbm : as the stats are NOT in the mod (some default ones), it's very difficult (same note : it can be done, but the script is well more complicated) to 'merge' yours into a 'new franchise' (that u have to start with a roster, so without any stats). But nevermind : we can live without the stats. I just want to add some of my 30 years play.

Within the process ('converting a franchise into a roster for a new 30 years'), i've changed my terms. Now, my 'retired players' are just 43 (basically the 2 best players at every positions), and my 'active' plys are 89 (which 55 are on my active team, and 11 are rookies).
=> I'm progressivly changing the IDs…
As i want to keep the stats, the best way is to keep MY PGID. Then, i will create a script for filling the stat tables of the new franchise from my last franchise save. I'm doing that one ID by one, as 'my ids' are conflicting with the roster, so it's a three-way edit.
Question by-the-way : what's the difference between PGID and POID ?

wolfbest
All-Pro

Postby wolfbest » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:48 am

I have convert my 30 yrs franchise to a roster but still not working ....everything seems ok but all teams ratings are Zeros and game keep crashing every time i tried to play a game ...any help would be appreciated.. .

Thanks.
Attachments
Franch22.ros
(2.04 MiB) Downloaded 131 times

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:35 pm

wolfbest wrote:I have convert my 30 yrs franchise to a roster but still not working ....everything seems ok but all teams ratings are Zeros and game keep crashing every time i tried to play a game ...any help would be appreciated.. .

Thanks.

Auto reorder each depth chart.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

wolfbest
All-Pro

Postby wolfbest » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:18 am

RevanFan wrote:
wolfbest wrote:I have convert my 30 yrs franchise to a roster but still not working ....everything seems ok but all teams ratings are Zeros and game keep crashing every time i tried to play a game ...any help would be appreciated.. .

Thanks.

I done that ....basically the issue in the existing of two teams that I have no idea why they are there .....i used default roster table "TEAM" and replaced it to my roster as i wasn't able to delete these two teams but that missed up the whole franchise ....none of the teams able to do any signs due to free agents players declines "Player not interested ".....

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:45 am

wolfbest wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

Thanks.

I done that ....basically the issue in the existing of two teams that I have no idea why they are there .....i used default roster table "TEAM" and replaced it to my roster as i wasn't able to delete these two teams but that missed up the whole franchise ....none of the teams able to do any signs due to free agents players declines "Player not interested ".....

If you follow this guide exactly, there shouldn't be two extra teams.
My Cowboys Journal

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:52 am

I just completely renovated the first post. I've attempted to streamline the instructions and make them clearer. I also posted a link to madden07eurocat's video on the subject.
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “Franchise Guides”