Nza's Madden 08 Franchise Guide

Guides on achieving realism in franchise play.
Neal M
Pro Bowl

Re: Nza's Madden 08 Franchise Guide

Postby Neal M » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:52 pm

This is a great guide.

I would add a suggestion to add some speed to some LT prospects in each draft (if using the CPU generated classes), to make them in line with LT's already in the league. Most LT's are at least 60 plus speed, and in the draft they are routinely in the 40's. These guys are the fastest and most athletic of the OL and even with the attribute adjustment button in the editor they are too slow to be legit LT's. I only do it for a couple of guys each draft. Give them 60 plus speed. A couple more I give 50 plus.

Just my suggestion.

I don't use maddenamp because I can't get it to work. It just says "processing" with an empty progress bar at main load up screen.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:29 pm

Neal M wrote:This is a great guide.

I would add a suggestion to add some speed to some LT prospects in each draft (if using the CPU generated classes), to make them in line with LT's already in the league. Most LT's are at least 60 plus speed, and in the draft they are routinely in the 40's. These guys are the fastest and most athletic of the OL and even with the attribute adjustment button in the editor they are too slow to be legit LT's. I only do it for a couple of guys each draft. Give them 60 plus speed. A couple more I give 50 plus.

Just my suggestion.

I don't use maddenamp because I can't get it to work. It just says "processing" with an empty progress bar at main load up screen.

Are you using the Beta version available on this forum? The 3.5 version does not work on any system newer than Vista. Also, do you have all of the .NET Framework packages mentioned in the Starting Guide for New Players?
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Neal M
Pro Bowl

Postby Neal M » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:32 pm

RevanFan wrote:

Just my suggestion.

Are you using the Beta version available on this forum? The 3.5 version does not work on any system newer than Vista. Also, do you have all of the .NET Framework packages mentioned in the Starting Guide for New Players?

Hey Revanfan, I use Vista fully updated. I assumed it has the .NET framework, but I tried to download it just in case but it didn't download for some reason? You thin that Vista might not have it? I guess I will try to find the .Net again.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:54 pm

Neal M wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

Just my suggestion.

Hey Revanfan, I use Vista fully updated. I assumed it has the .NET framework, but I tried to download it just in case but it didn't download for some reason? You thin that Vista might not have it? I guess I will try to find the .Net again.

You use Vista? I didn't think anyone on earth still used that terrible system.

If you can't upgrade to a better copy of Windows, just try to make sure you have all of the necessary frameworks. Since your OS is completely deprecated, there's a chance the newer. NETs won't work.
My Cowboys Journal

Neal M
Pro Bowl

Postby Neal M » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:59 pm

RevanFan wrote:
Neal M wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Are you using the Beta version available on this forum? The 3.5 version does not work on any system newer than Vista. Also, do you have all of the .NET Framework packages mentioned in the Starting Guide for New Players?

If you can't upgrade to a better copy of Windows, just try to make sure you have all of the necessary frameworks. Since your OS is completely deprecated, there's a chance the newer. NETs won't work.

I am sorry, my bad... Sucks getting old. I am using Windows 10.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:09 pm

Neal M wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
Neal M wrote:

Oh. In that case, just install any .NET Framework packages from the Starting Guide that you can install. And make sure you're using the latest version of Madden Amp from this forum.
My Cowboys Journal

Neal M
Pro Bowl

Postby Neal M » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:54 pm

RevanFan wrote:
Neal M wrote:
RevanFan wrote:You use Vista? I didn't think anyone on earth still used that terrible system.

Oh. In that case, just install any .NET Framework packages from the Starting Guide that you can install. And make sure you're using the latest version of Madden Amp from this forum.

It installed smooth as butter once I got the 4.1 version, and no problems. I didn't have to DL and of the .NET packages.

Thanks as per usual. Your tireless help/patience in getting me up and running here has been invaluable. If you are ever in Tucson you have a free dinner and beer coming your way!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:11 pm

Neal M wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
Neal M wrote:

It installed smooth as butter once I got the 4.1 version, and no problems. I didn't have to DL and of the .NET packages.

Thanks as per usual. Your tireless help/patience in getting me up and running here has been invaluable. If you are ever in Tucson you have a free dinner and beer coming your way!

I'm not a beer kind of person, but I'm definitely a dinner guy. And if you're ever in New York... just don't go to Times Square. There's a ton of better places. Times Square is cool once, and then you never want to go again.
My Cowboys Journal

Neal M
Pro Bowl

Postby Neal M » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:47 am

Well have a problem. I followed the instructions in the guide specifically:

use NZA 1.3 to use the feature that reverts awareness changes “fix offseason AWR change” in progression tab of “edit franchise. Make sure to hit SAVE button on this screen when done!!!!That will prevent your entire team from going up to 99 awareness in the offseason. That glitch happens quite often, so I always use the revert awareness change feature. After that, re-sign any players you plan to re-sign, and release all the players you don't want back or will let test free agency. After that, every player on your team should have a contract. Do your offseason in Madden until the end of the "Player Resigning" stage - i.e. make your resignings, but don't advance past it yet.

Yet Players on other playoff teams went up to 99, some going up as many as 30 AWR points. I have tried numerous times to re-do the offeseason and it always happens.

I am at a loss on how to fix this in a way that doesn't involve me having to go through every player manually on teams to edit them. I even tried the revert all AWR changes button and it doesn't fix it.

Any ideas?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:01 am

Neal M wrote:Well have a problem. I followed the instructions in the guide specifically:

use NZA 1.3 to use the feature that reverts awareness changes “fix offseason AWR change” in progression tab of “edit franchise. Make sure to hit SAVE button on this screen when done!!!!That will prevent your entire team from going up to 99 awareness in the offseason. That glitch happens quite often, so I always use the revert awareness change feature. After that, re-sign any players you plan to re-sign, and release all the players you don't want back or will let test free agency. After that, every player on your team should have a contract. Do your offseason in Madden until the end of the "Player Resigning" stage - i.e. make your resignings, but don't advance past it yet.

Yet Players on other playoff teams went up to 99, some going up as many as 30 AWR points. I have tried numerous times to re-do the offeseason and it always happens.

I am at a loss on how to fix this in a way that doesn't involve me having to go through every player manually on teams to edit them. I even tried the revert all AWR changes button and it doesn't fix it.

Any ideas?

You did that during the player re-signing stage? Make sure that you don't edit any players after the retirement stage and before you revert the AWR changes.
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “Franchise Guides”