Nza's Madden 08 Franchise Guide

Guides on achieving realism in franchise play.
Neal M
Pro Bowl

Re: Nza's Madden 08 Franchise Guide

Postby Neal M » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:15 am

RevanFan wrote:
Neal M wrote:Well have a problem. I followed the instructions in the guide specifically:

use NZA 1.3 to use the feature that reverts awareness changes “fix offseason AWR change” in progression tab of “edit franchise. Make sure to hit SAVE button on this screen when done!!!!That will prevent your entire team from going up to 99 awareness in the offseason. That glitch happens quite often, so I always use the revert awareness change feature. After that, re-sign any players you plan to re-sign, and release all the players you don't want back or will let test free agency. After that, every player on your team should have a contract. Do your offseason in Madden until the end of the "Player Resigning" stage - i.e. make your resignings, but don't advance past it yet.

Yet Players on other playoff teams went up to 99, some going up as many as 30 AWR points. I have tried numerous times to re-do the offeseason and it always happens.

I am at a loss on how to fix this in a way that doesn't involve me having to go through every player manually on teams to edit them. I even tried the revert all AWR changes button and it doesn't fix it.

Any ideas?

You did that during the player re-signing stage? Make sure that you don't edit any players after the retirement stage and before you revert the AWR changes.

Hmmm, I may have imported my draft class and edited it some after I did the AWR fix, would that have made it so teams had AWR skyrocket for their players? Oh well, going back to my saved file right at the retirement stage. Just ran the AWR fix and won't touch anything with players.

Going to re-do the offseason and crossing my fingers.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:17 am

Neal M wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
Neal M wrote:Well have a problem. I followed the instructions in the guide specifically:

Yet Players on other playoff teams went up to 99, some going up as many as 30 AWR points. I have tried numerous times to re-do the offeseason and it always happens.

I am at a loss on how to fix this in a way that doesn't involve me having to go through every player manually on teams to edit them. I even tried the revert all AWR changes button and it doesn't fix it.

Any ideas?

You did that during the player re-signing stage? Make sure that you don't edit any players after the retirement stage and before you revert the AWR changes.

Hmmm, I may have imported my draft class and edited it some after I did the AWR fix, would that have made it so teams had AWR skyrocket for their players? Oh well, going back to my saved file right at the retirement stage. Just ran the AWR fix and won't touch anything with players.

Don't run it at the retirement stage. That's when it's safe to edit players and import draft classes. The AWR spiked happen after the game assigns new roles to players. You'll want to save the game when you get to the player re-signing stage (not restricted free agency), and run the AWR fix then.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Neal M
Pro Bowl

Postby Neal M » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:54 am

RevanFan wrote:
Neal M wrote:
RevanFan wrote:You did that during the player re-signing stage? Make sure that you don't edit any players after the retirement stage and before you revert the AWR changes.

Don't run it at the retirement stage. That's when it's safe to edit players and import draft classes. The AWR spiked happen after the game assigns new roles to players. You'll want to save the game when you get to the player re-signing stage (not restricted free agency), and run the AWR fix then.

No matter when I do it, and I have done it at every stage, as soon as I go to Free agency the big jump in AWR comes to the teams... Nothing I can do about it it seems.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:08 am

Neal M wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
Neal M wrote:

No matter when I do it, and I have done it at every stage, as soon as I go to Free agency the big jump in AWR comes to the teams... Nothing I can do about it it seems.

As I said, you're supposed to revert the changes right before going into free agency.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Yetititties
Rookie

Postby Yetititties » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:12 pm

Can someone please send me the link to NZA's madden editor?? I dont see it anywhere

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:49 pm

Yetititties wrote:Can someone please send me the link to NZA's madden editor?? I dont see it anywhere

There are download links in the first post: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18332

If they don't work, download the MadModX package which includes the NZA editor 1.3 and 2.0 and a bunch of other tools and utilities as well.

Ortoeto
Rookie

Postby Ortoeto » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:23 am

Having control of all-32 teams is preventing them to do trades? Because i like some random trades.
Another question: in the free agency best players are cut from respective teams, like crazy. Is there a solution?

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:18 am

Ortoeto wrote:Having control of all-32 teams is preventing them to do trades? Because i like some random trades.
Another question: in the free agency best players are cut from respective teams, like crazy. Is there a solution?

The reason why NZA recommended no trading of draft picks is because CPU teams offer idiotic trades (example: moving down 20 picks in the first round for just a 6th round pick) and some teams will end up with unbalanced picks (3 first rounders and 2 2nd-7th rounders). If you're doing the MaddenAMP draft, this trading will also mess up your own draft picks as the CPU will trade your picks away.

The solution to good players being cut is to take control of all 32 teams during the "Roster Management" parts of the offseason. The CPUs will think that these players are being paid too much and they'll release them during these phases.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Ortoeto
Rookie

Postby Ortoeto » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:04 am

Danchat wrote:
Ortoeto wrote:Having control of all-32 teams is preventing them to do trades? Because i like some random trades.

The reason why NZA recommended no trading of draft picks is because CPU teams offer idiotic trades (example: moving down 20 picks in the first round for just a 6th round pick) and some teams will end up with unbalanced picks (3 first rounders and 2 2nd-7th rounders). If you're doing the MaddenAMP draft, this trading will also mess up your own draft picks as the CPU will trade your picks away.

The solution to good players being cut is to take control of all 32 teams during the "Roster Management" parts of the offseason. The CPUs will think that these players are being paid too much and they'll release them during these phases.

Understood, thanks!

yoko1213
Rookie

Postby yoko1213 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:34 pm

first time trying out this guide. how do you get to draft signing stage? I try it but when I click on sign pick the screen get stuck on drafting. what am I doing wrong? :(

Return to “Franchise Guides”