Formula for Suspensions and the Like

Guides on achieving realism in franchise play.
torontogrudlies
MVP

Re: Formula for Suspensions and the Like

Postby torontogrudlies » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:58 pm

Ironically, I was reading one of the boards for the console games, and some of the gamers were complaining because EA paid too much attention to stuff like preseason rosters, off the field transactions etc. in the console versions!

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:00 pm

torontogrudlies wrote:revanfan, might you be interested in taking charge of that part of the project, coming up with the ground rules for these incidents? I then get it into code when we come to that point in development...

Well, I wouldn't know what to do, but starting in late June, other than the mod, I'm completely free until September. I could help out if I have time. Updating the mod roster doesn't take too long. Only creating players takes a lot of time.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

torontogrudlies
MVP

Postby torontogrudlies » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:07 pm

Basically, come up with a list of the types of suspensions (which I think has already been somewhat done) and # of games. Figure out how often they should come up, maybe based on looking up some real-life suspensions, then we put together a formula which calculates the chance that a particular player will get suspended that week.

Also decide whether we want players to be able to die. On average, one NFL player per year dies based on my browsing, but we might not want this in a recreational game. I'm inclined to leave it out, but if the consensus is that it will bring more realism, it can fit in.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:12 pm

I think death should be left out. If someone wants a death, it can be done by the player on his own.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:15 pm

NickyJ wrote:I think death should be left out. If someone wants a death, it can be done by the player on his own.

I added it because players have been dying quite often recently, in all levels of the sport. It's sad, but it adds a level of realism. It's quite difficult to have it land on death. I tested many, many times for hours, and death only came up once.
My Cowboys Journal

ColtsFan
All-Pro

Postby ColtsFan » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:17 pm

NickyJ wrote:I think death should be left out. If someone wants a death, it can be done by the player on his own.

I agree... adds a bit of morbidness to the game lol besides, what happens if Aaron Rodgers or someone like that dies? It could ruin the whole thing even if he's not on your team! I'd rather just have a career ending injury... ;)

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:28 pm

ColtsFan wrote:

I agree... adds a bit of morbidness to the game lol besides, what happens if Aaron Rodgers or someone like that dies? It could ruin the whole thing even if he's not on your team! I'd rather just have a career ending injury... ;)

If you're not comfortable with death being on the list, replace it with something career-ending. Game-wise, they'd do the same thing.
My Cowboys Journal

ColtsFan
All-Pro

Postby ColtsFan » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:55 pm

RevanFan wrote:
ColtsFan wrote:

If you're not comfortable with death being on the list, replace it with something career-ending. Game-wise, they'd do the same thing.

Yeah that would work.

jwhop3
Rookie

Postby jwhop3 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:44 am

Should add "Failed drug test" or "Domestic Abuse case."

Return to “Franchise Guides”