How to edit relocated team uniforms in Franchise Mode??

Guides on achieving realism in franchise play.
MikeL95
Rookie

Re: How to edit relocated team uniforms in Franchise Mode??

Postby MikeL95 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:57 pm

Hey guys I have great news - I figured it out :D Here is exactly what I did:

1) I downloaded the 2013 Dolphins, Vikings and Jaguars uniform tpf's from the following YouTube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eefjgV ... =Alejandro
2) I used TPF Extract (version 1.5; v1.4 doesn't seem to work) to see exactly which parts of the uniform need to be logged in Texmod
3) I ran Madden with Texmod in logging mode and loaded my latest "Toronto Bisons" franchise file
4) I went into practice mode with my original home (black jersey, white pants) and away (white jersey, black pants) uniforms
5) I captured as many relevant uniform parts as possible on my home uniform, and JUST THE BLACK PANTS textures for my away uniform
6) I exited Madden and went to the "out" folder of Texmod folder

7) I compared the uniform parts that I captured with the 2013 Dolphins/Vikings/Jags uniform tpf's I extracted as templates and deleted the parts I captured that were NOT in the 2013 Dolphins/Vikings/Jags template.
***8) I renamed the BLACK pants/belt texture parts of my away uniform TO THE SAME NAME of the WHITE pants/belt texture parts and deleted the white pants/belt texture parts
9) I edited the log file to make sure it only contained the hex codes of the remaining files
10) I opened Texmod in building mode and created a tpf from the log file
11) I went into packaging mode and ran Madden with the tpf file I created and voila, SUCCESS!!! I now have an all black home uniform whenever I want to use it :D And I still get to use my blue Alternate 1 uniform as an Alternate Home instead of Alternate Away!

I then used this instructional video to make sure I can run Texmod/Madden with Calhoupe's Scripts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogma51l ... rocatGames

A side note - I realized that the numbers of my all-black uniform would appear blurry when zoomed out (coin toss view, show play art view, etc). So I ended up deleting the jersey/helmet parts of the first tpf file, and created a new tpf with just the 3 textures of the black pants... and it worked! The numbers are no longer blurry from afar!

Thank you again Rick for all your help :) Now I just have to enjoy playing the rest of my season and make sure there re no errors/crashes!

Sponsor

Sponsor

pagjame
All-Pro

Postby pagjame » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:41 pm

Is there any way to make the uniforms better visible in Edit player mode in the game itself? It’s all scrambled and goofy in game for relocated teams uniforms.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:40 pm

pagjame wrote:Is there any way to make the uniforms better visible in Edit player mode in the game itself? It’s all scrambled and goofy in game for relocated teams uniforms.

The patriots default home uniform is the base for all uniforms. Change that, and it won't be scrambled.

pagjame
All-Pro

Postby pagjame » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:12 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:
pagjame wrote:Is there any way to make the uniforms better visible in Edit player mode in the game itself? It’s all scrambled and goofy in game for relocated teams uniforms.

The patriots default home uniform is the base for all uniforms. Change that, and it won't be scrambled.

I’m not too bright with this stuff… How do I change that?

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:10 am

pagjame wrote:
Austinmario13 wrote:

I’m not too bright with this stuff… How do I change that?

Look under the UNIFORMS section: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8541

Return to “Franchise Guides”