database tables--finding out what stage a season is in

Temporary forum for the discussion of the Tuesday Morning project, to enhance the Madden 08 off-the-field experience.
torontogrudlies
MVP

Postby torontogrudlies » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:31 pm

I will need to write code which will open a franchise file and find out what stage it's in. I already know how to figure out what week of the season I'm in, but not sure where to find the various stages of the offseason. Example, if I'm at player retirements, or first free agency, or rookie signings, I want to be able to determine that.

Sponsor

Sponsor

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Re: database tables--finding out what stage a season is in

Postby StingRay68 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:42 pm

torontogrudlies wrote:I will need to write code which will open a franchise file and find out what stage it's in. I already know how to figure out what week of the season I'm in, but not sure where to find the various stages of the offseason. Example, if I'm at player retirements, or first free agency, or rookie signings, I want to be able to determine that.

FRANCHISE_TIME_TABLE = "SEAI";
DRAFT_STATE_TABLE = "DRIN";
FREE_AGENCY_STATE_TABLE = "FAIN";
RESIGN_PLAYERS_STATE_TABLE = "REIN";
RFA_STATE_TABLE = "RFIN";
SCOUTING_STATE_TABLE = "SCIN";
FRANCHISE_STAGE_TABLE = "MOIN";

Here are some of the values that Madden Amp uses, and the table names in the franchise files. Some of these won't contain info until the game is actually going to be using the data I think.
Beyond that, I can't give specifics as I haven't mess with these areas as of yet...

torontogrudlies
MVP

Postby torontogrudlies » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:54 pm

Thanks, I will have to take a deeper look at these!

torontogrudlies
MVP

Postby torontogrudlies » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:11 pm

Tentatively, I think I found the key to this. As suggested above, I looked at the tables given, and noticed that MOIN changes quite a bit between various stages of the season. For testing, I created a dummy franchise then saved it after each stage, then opening each of these saves in the DB Editor. I then exported each MOIN table to CSV for easy comparison.

Here's what it seems to be:

in the MOIN table, looking at the MCSA field value:

5 = training camp
7 = preseason
9 = season including playoffs
12= advance to owner mode off season
14= owner mode offseason
15= roster management
17= pre free agency
18= 1st free agency (note, FAIN and FAPL become active during this time, containing info about the days left in free agency and the list of players)
20= rookie workouts stage
21= nfl draft
5 = training camp

This is potentially an exciting find, because with it, Tuesday Morning can open up and determine what stage of the season it is, and thus what options to bring up. I say potentially because I may be in error regarding what these values mean.

What would be great would be, if anyone has a few saves of their franchise in some of these various stages, please pull it up in the DB Editor, check the MOIN table and the MCSA value, see if it matches up!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:39 pm

torontogrudlies wrote:Tentatively, I think I found the key to this. As suggested above, I looked at the tables given, and noticed that MOIN changes quite a bit between various stages of the season. For testing, I created a dummy franchise then saved it after each stage, then opening each of these saves in the DB Editor. I then exported each MOIN table to CSV for easy comparison.

Here's what it seems to be:

in the MOIN table, looking at the MCSA field value:

5 = training camp
7 = preseason
9 = season including playoffs
12= advance to owner mode off season
14= owner mode offseason
15= roster management
17= pre free agency
18= 1st free agency (note, FAIN and FAPL become active during this time, containing info about the days left in free agency and the list of players)
20= rookie workouts stage
21= nfl draft
5 = training camp

This is potentially an exciting find, because with it, Tuesday Morning can open up and determine what stage of the season it is, and thus what options to bring up. I say potentially because I may be in error regarding what these values mean.

What would be great would be, if anyone has a few saves of their franchise in some of these various stages, please pull it up in the DB Editor, check the MOIN table and the MCSA value, see if it matches up!

Do you think I could edit that value to skip forward past training camp? My franchises have been crashing after clicking "skip training camp." Maybe if I edit the file, I could skip past training camp, thereby skipping the crash?
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

torontogrudlies
MVP

Postby torontogrudlies » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:55 am

It would be worth a try. Keep in mind that the field in question might be a result, rather than being the field that Madden checks to determine where it's at. Although this would still work for the new app, it might not work for advancing the franchise stage. Or, it might not be the only place in which the stage appears.

What you might want to do, is create another dummy franchise, advance it till it's just past the training camp. Then open it in DB Editor, export some of the tables to CSV. I'd start with the MOIN and the other ones which are in the format xxIN. Then open your corrupt franchise in the DB Editor, and import these same CSVs. Try different combinations, and be wary of any other side effects.

Do you have saves of your franchise from further back in the offseason? Maybe try advancing those thru the training camp? This could be helpful in determining when the franchise file started to have problems...

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:29 am

torontogrudlies wrote:Do you have saves of your franchise from further back in the offseason? Maybe try advancing those thru the training camp? This could be helpful in determining when the franchise file started to have problems...

I think it might be the roster. I don't know if it is because of how I converted it to a roster when I had the first crash, but my franchise continuations won't advance past the second training camp. I can just convert and start over, but I hate having the same schedule every season, and I hate losing player stats (it is too much of a hassle to copy them over.) I do the same things in other franchises during the offseason, and nothing bad happens. I don't know why this is different.

I'll give the data editing a try when I get to the crashing part.
My Cowboys Journal

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu May 10, 2012 12:51 am

I tried my theory about skipping training camp by editing the franchise in the DB editor. It skipped training camp, but did not create a new schedule, and thought that it was still in the 2007 season, when it should be in the 2008 season.
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “Tuesday Morning Manager”