Objectives/wish lists

Temporary forum for the discussion of the Tuesday Morning project, to enhance the Madden 08 off-the-field experience.
torontogrudlies
MVP

Objectives/wish lists

Postby torontogrudlies » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:31 pm

Thread for ideas which could possibly be added to this app, shortcomings of the existing Madden 08, etc.

A few of these:

1. CPU does not initiate trades or evaluate talent very well...
2. Poor roster management, CPU can end up with three kickers or 4 QBs (or sometimes just 2 QBs)
3. Added realism with players missing games due to suspensions, personal time off

Objectives/wish lists

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Objectives/wish lists

Postby RevanFan » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:58 pm

torontogrudlies wrote:2. Poor roster management, CPU can end up with three kickers or 4 QBs (or sometimes just 2 QBs)

I'm going to use an example from my franchise to show how big a problem this is. Once, I had an AI team with five quarterbacks, three kickers, and five punters. Then I saw another team with six centers and 12 offensive tackles, with only three guards.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

torontogrudlies
MVP

Postby torontogrudlies » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:01 pm

RevanFan wrote:
torontogrudlies wrote:2. Poor roster management, CPU can end up with three kickers or 4 QBs (or sometimes just 2 QBs)

I'm going to use an example from my franchise to show how big a problem this is. Once, I had an AI team with five quarterbacks, three kickers, and five punters. Then I saw another team with six centers and 12 offensive tackles, with only three guards.

I'm hoping we can use player evaluation to remedy this. Sort the QBs from best to worst, and the #4, #5 etc. QBs will get rated as being extremely expendable/tradeable.

Drizzt_13
All-Pro

Postby Drizzt_13 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:52 pm

In the real NFL coaches are iconic figures and a huge part of the success of the team, In madden they don't matter at all. I want someway to make coaches a more important part of the game. I don't think messing with the playcalling AI is doable or would even be effective. My worry is that because our ability to mod madden is so limited the only way I know how to do this is to add another system which modifies player rating slightly. The problem is that adding more and more systems that slightly modify player ratings doesn't seem like it will really change the game experience that much.

torontogrudlies
MVP

Postby torontogrudlies » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:59 pm

Drizzt_13 wrote:In the real NFL coaches are iconic figures and a huge part of the success of the team, In madden they don't matter at all. I want someway to make coaches a more important part of the game. I don't think messing with the playcalling AI is doable or would even be effective. My worry is that because our ability to mod madden is so limited the only way I know how to do this is to add another system which modifies player rating slightly. The problem is that adding more and more systems that slightly modify player ratings doesn't seem like it will really change the game experience that much.

Perhaps we should make the glass half-empty rather than half-full on this one. Coaches have ratings for chemistry, work ethic, motivation... maybe if these ratings are good, leave the players as-is, but if these coach ratings are lacking, the players lose cohesiveness, squabble in the locker room, decide not to practice/play, etc.

Return to “Tuesday Morning Manager”