Danchat's 2012 Draft Class

TeeJay
Rookie

Re: 2012 Draft Class

Postby TeeJay » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:26 am

I noticed that neither Brandon Weeden or Jacory Harris was in the class.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:34 pm

klassen wrote:Are there meant to be two Sean Bakers in the class?

I'm pretty sure there's only one Sean Baker. [Someone will probably step in at this point and point out why players randomly duplicate on draft classes][hopefully... ;) ]
I noticed that neither Brandon Weeden or Jacory Harris was in the class.

Brandon Weeden is in the draft class. Harris isn't good enough to be in the draft class, you can only put in so many players.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

raiders#11
Pro Bowl

Postby raiders#11 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:23 pm

Well i noticed that matt kalil is 24 in this draft class 1.5 he should be 23. And andrew Luck shoulh be faster and not 74 look and his combine again. Lobbs made ratings that make sense but this doesnt in my opinion.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:49 pm

raiders#11 wrote:Well i noticed that matt kalil is 24 in this draft class 1.5 he should be 23. And andrew Luck shoulh be faster and not 74 look and his combine again. Lobbs made ratings that make sense but this doesnt in my opinion.

Hmmmm...it does look like Kalil is actually 23. My bad. But the thing with Luck and the ratings is that this draft class is aiming more for player accuracy than player ratings. Though I do agree Luck's speed should be boosted up, I don't want him to be a 88 OVR like in Lobbs's roster.

raiders#11
Pro Bowl

Postby raiders#11 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:59 pm

Danchat wrote:
raiders#11 wrote:Well i noticed that matt kalil is 24 in this draft class 1.5 he should be 23. And andrew Luck shoulh be faster and not 74 look and his combine again. Lobbs made ratings that make sense but this doesnt in my opinion.

Hmmmm...it does look like Kalil is actually 23. My bad. But the thing with Luck and the ratings is that this draft class is aiming more for player accuracy than player ratings. Though I do agree Luck's speed should be boosted up, I don't want him to be a 88 OVR like in Lobbs's roster.

Well i understand that 88 is very high (if you dont want to give him an 88 than give him at awareness 60 or something like this). But otherwise every expert is saying luck ist one of the best qb draft prospect and thats the irony since Peyton Manning. I think he is worth it and he is really really good he is special. And some players have wrong ages take a look at that. And there is also a "problem" many players a rated too good when you campare it to the ffxii mod. for example the qbs. of course luck and rg3 are special but tannehill or old man weeden haha is too good and the rest should be lower than 70. Well thats my point of view. What do you think ? and check this website walterfootball.com its a good one.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:50 pm

raiders#11 wrote:
Danchat wrote:

Well i understand that 88 is very high (if you dont want to give him an 88 than give him at awareness 60 or something like this). But otherwise every expert is saying luck ist one of the best qb draft prospect and thats the irony since Peyton Manning. I think he is worth it and he is really really good he is special. And some players have wrong ages take a look at that. And there is also a "problem" many players a rated too good when you campare it to the ffxii mod. for example the qbs. of course luck and rg3 are special but tannehill or old man weeden haha is too good and the rest should be lower than 70. Well thats my point of view. What do you think ? and check this website walterfootball.com its a good one.

Well, when the FXII roster is made, rookies are rated differently from the draft class. The roster aims for how good the player is now, and the draft class aims to have the player develop and become better over time. I get that on the FXIII roster Tannehill and Weeden will probably be 72 OVR, but in a franchise, those players don't develop fast enough and are cut eventually. Yes, I do use Walterfootball.com frequently. I try to follow this table I made:
1st round: 80-85 OVR
2nd round: 79-77 OVR
3rd round: 77-76 OVR
4th round: 75-74 OVR
5th round: 73-71 OVR
6th round: 70-69 OVR
7th round: 69-66 OVR
Undrafted: 67- OVR

dawg317
MVP

Postby dawg317 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:15 am

Danchat wrote:Well, when the FXII roster is made, rookies are rated differently from the draft class. The roster aims for how good the player is now, and the draft class aims to have the player develop and become better over time. I get that on the FXIII roster Tannehill and Weeden will probably be 72 OVR, but in a franchise, those players don't develop fast enough and are cut eventually. Yes, I do use Walterfootball.com frequently. I try to follow this table I made:
1st round: 80-85 OVR
2nd round: 79-77 OVR
3rd round: 77-76 OVR
4th round: 75-74 OVR
5th round: 73-71 OVR
6th round: 70-69 OVR
7th round: 69-66 OVR
Undrafted: 67- OVR

That is close to the same starting points that we've used with rookies in the past with the mod. Things usually change depending on actual game stats, and sim stats.
"Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble." - John Madden

huynguyenv
Veteran

Postby huynguyenv » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:45 pm

I can't find Justin Blackmon.

dawg317
MVP

Postby dawg317 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:48 pm

huynguyenv wrote:I can't find Justin Blackmon.

He's in there.
"Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble." - John Madden

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:02 pm

I just realized that the safeties are all off....for some reason the editor failed to save all my edits, so I will be making some changes. Version 1.6 will be coming out soon.

Return to “Draft Classes”