Back of helmet bumper placing team name?

datmanmadden59x
Pro Bowl

Postby datmanmadden59x » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:34 am

How do we place a team name on the bottom of the back of helmets?
For example, college football teams and pro football teams have their team names on the bottom of the back of their helmets.

Thank you.

Sponsor

Sponsor

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Re: Back of helmet bumper placing team name?

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:24 pm

datmanmadden59x wrote:How do we place a team name on the bottom of the back of helmets?
For example, college football teams and pro football teams have their team names on the bottom of the back of their helmets.

Thank you.

I believe the helmet texture is mirrored at the middle, so unless your team name is a palindrome(?) it won't come out right.

mike9472
MVP

Postby mike9472 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:13 pm

datmanmadden59x wrote:How do we place a team name on the bottom of the back of helmets?

Thank you.

Is this what you're talking about?
01.jpg
01.jpg (25.41 KiB) Viewed 2261 times

You can't do that with custom team uniforms, the custom art DAT file only has a plain helmet texture. A default team uniform (located within the UNIFORM.DAT file) has multiple textures for the helmet. Using Stingray's DAT editor open your uniform DAT and go to texture #21, that's the team name that shows up on the back of the helmet. Not every helmet will show it, only helmet 1 and revolution. I'm not sure if you can use texmod to make that show up for custom teams, I don't use texmod.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:50 pm

On custom team uniforms you might try to use texmod, it might be a blank texture but you might still be able to log the blank texture.

In DAT uniforms it is in the helmet tab (I believe).

datmanmadden59x
Pro Bowl

Postby datmanmadden59x » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:52 pm

Hi guys,
In this video, Florida State and Notre Dame both have their names on the bumpers on the back of the helmets. How can I reproduce this with the Florida State if they are a custom team from like the Heisman 14 mod?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP8oUcjkyFM&t=103s

mike9472
MVP

Postby mike9472 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:59 pm

Like I and Elguapo said, maybe you could do it with texmod. You could also replace an NFL teams uniforms in the UNIFORM.DAt file and assign it to your custom team.

datmanmadden59x
Pro Bowl

Postby datmanmadden59x » Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:32 am

Hi guys,
I had a breakthrough with Madden and editing. The back of helmet bumper can be modded with texmod If you blank out the texture for back of the helmet. There are 2 textures you have to blank out: 1 for helmet style 1 and style 5 (Revolution) and 1 for helmet style 2-4. After that you can customize the helmet textures on the back of the helmet location. You will have to redo all the helmets as you see fit i.e team name on the back of the helmet, Riddell, whatever slogan you want to say. Thanks guys.

Dat

Return to “Graphics”