Jack's Stadiums

joho823
Pro Bowl

Re: Jack's Stadiums

Postby joho823 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:14 pm

mike9472 wrote:
j4ck01 wrote:
joho823 wrote:Could we be seeing them converted from TPF to DAT eventually?

I wish but idk how to convert tpf files to DAT files and replace some of the stadium files.

It's easy, just need to know what original stadium you used as a base. Then all you do is replace the textures using MUER or Stingrays DAT Editor.

Yeah, but don't you also need a HEX editor for that?

Sponsor

Sponsor

mike9472
MVP

Postby mike9472 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:30 pm

joho823 wrote:
mike9472 wrote:
j4ck01 wrote:I wish but idk how to convert tpf files to DAT files and replace some of the stadium files.

It's easy, just need to know what original stadium you used as a base. Then all you do is replace the textures using MUER or Stingrays DAT Editor.

Not if you keep the textures at their original size. If you use larger textures in an attempt to make it more "HD", then you'll have to hex edit so you don't get floating walls and other weird stuff.

joho823
Pro Bowl

Postby joho823 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:23 pm

mike9472 wrote:
joho823 wrote:
mike9472 wrote:

Not if you keep the textures at their original size. If you use larger textures in an attempt to make it more "HD", then you'll have to hex edit so you don't get floating walls and other weird stuff.

Got it.

BTW, I tried converting the Georgia Dome to MetLife Stadium myself, but I kept ending up getting "Unhandled Exception" errors when I tried to use MUER or Stingrays DAT Editor to replace the textures. Maybe I'm doing something wrong here.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:19 am

There are two types of methods to convert TPS to DAT.

One is the BMP method which uses MUER and bmp files.

The other is the DDS version and it uses DEX. This is the method I prefer and I modified Stingray's DEX editor, viewtopic.php?f=13&t=22190 to edit stadiums. As long as you keep the proper DDS format and the Textures in the stadiums the same size you should edit the stadium easily.

Return to “Graphics”