X mod

A collection of all finished mods!
elguapo
Hall of Fame

Re: X mod

Postby elguapo » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:40 am

TheRareButter wrote:I assume this doesn't work with HC due to a difference in dat files, are their any of the 2020 XFL field art files made without being printed onto the field? All the slivers, and logos as well?

Only the LA team was done.

With HC you would probably have to test the sT35 in the STAD table to see if you can add the field lines or full fields using a full fields tmdl. HC uses a 256x256 that is repeated to fill the field.

Sponsor

Sponsor

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:22 am

elguapo wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:I assume this doesn't work with HC due to a difference in dat files, are their any of the 2020 XFL field art files made without being printed onto the field? All the slivers, and logos as well?

With HC you would probably have to test the sT35 in the STAD table to see if you can add the field lines or full fields using a full fields tmdl. HC uses a 256x256 that is repeated to fill the field.

Im a complete novice with tmdls, I created my own Battlehawks practice uni's with the dat editor but that's about as far as my graphics knowledge goes at the moment. How do I test the sT35? If HC uses a 256x256 couldn't I just load up a cut of that size from the full fields into whichever dat file the fields are?

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:36 am

TheRareButter wrote:
elguapo wrote:

Im a complete novice with tmdls, I created my own Battlehawks practice uni's with the dat editor but that's about as far as my graphics knowledge goes at the moment. How do I test the sT35? If HC uses a 256x256 couldn't I just load up a cut of that size from the full fields into whichever dat file the fields are?

The fields for hc should be in the stadata.dat file between 6 and 15 around there. Decompress the dat file and extract those individual files. Then use DEX 1.5 to edit or preview the field texture. I’m pretty sure you could replace that individual file with a full field tmdl and then blank the secondary field lines with texmod.

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:50 pm

elguapo wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:
elguapo wrote:

The fields for hc should be in the stadata.dat file between 6 and 15 around there. Decompress the dat file and extract those individual files. Then use DEX 1.5 to edit or preview the field texture. I’m pretty sure you could replace that individual file with a full field tmdl and then blank the secondary field lines with texmod.

Found the fields, been trying to swap them with DEX. Would rather have some transparent field lines and great turf through a dat mod personally (especially since the HC mod has some translucent mid field art :lol: )

EDIT: Photoshop's not responding with the dds, I extracted the ff/fi mod STADATA and found the turf textures that I need already in dds format, but they're grey. If i could find a away to dye it dark green would that work?

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:23 pm

TheRareButter wrote:
elguapo wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:

Found the fields, been trying to swap them with DEX. Would rather have some transparent field lines and great turf through a dat mod personally (especially since the HC mod has some translucent mid field art :lol: )

EDIT: Photoshop's not responding with the dds, I extracted the ff/fi mod STADATA and found the turf textures that I need already in dds format, but they're grey. If i could find a away to dye it dark green would that work?

I don’t think that will work. Changing the field color would.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:17 pm

I have a new redesigned UNIFORMS.dat file that will allow custom teams to have practice uniforms and their own team helmets represented in the pro bowl. By following the X mod v2 map, you'll be able to set up your custom teams in franchise mode.

This download only applies to allow you to set up your custom team's uniforms. (Follow the instructions on how to set up a franchise with custom teams.) The download link is just below the "full" download link on the first page.

This new uniform will also allow the NCAA mod to have 16 colored nameplates (8home/8away) to give it more of a variety on the color of nameplate.

I recommend using the Alternate Xtreme DB Editor to set up your uniform settings.

I also recommend DEX Classic which is Stingray's DEX editor a little more finished I would say to edit the UNIFORMS.dat file. I did this for my own personal use. This version does not handle TMdl files but it now is able to load 2048x2048 textures for full fields.

Here's a screenshot of some custom teams having their own pro bowl helmets in franchise mode.
screen0000.bmp
screen0000.bmp (2.25 MiB) Viewed 1890 times

EDIT:
The new UNIFORMS.dat file is not viewable with DEX. I notice some uniforms having more mipmaps than what the standard are and those will need to be adjusted.

Since I'm already here I am also going to try to set all uniforms the same so that when you preview a uniform you see the uniform normal.

That means I'm going to have to resize textures and convert numbers bit sizes to accomplish this.

The UNIFORMS.dat file works in Madden.

Return to “Finished Mods”