FF/FI Mod Release Thread - 4/5/2021- Playbook, Portrait Update

A collection of all finished mods!
mauro_rojo
Pro Bowl

Re: FF/FI Mod Release Thread - 5/17/2017 - More 2016 Files Released

Postby mauro_rojo » Sun May 21, 2017 3:36 am

RevanFan wrote:
mauro_rojo wrote:What playbooks and ingame sounds modify Gameplay folder? I didnt experience any change at all.

Like I said, those two files are exactly the same as the XVI mod. I uploaded them so early because I was not modifying them.

Oh ok, I'm sorry for the stupid question lol.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun May 21, 2017 3:38 am

mauro_rojo wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
mauro_rojo wrote:What playbooks and ingame sounds modify Gameplay folder? I didnt experience any change at all.

Like I said, those two files are exactly the same as the XVI mod. I uploaded them so early because I was not modifying them.

Oh ok, I'm sorry for the stupid question lol.

In most situations, the only stupid question is the one not asked. No apologies necessary. If you have any other comments or questions, please let me know.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Raston
MVP

Postby Raston » Mon May 22, 2017 12:34 am

RevanFan wrote:
Tors12 wrote:The uniforms actually have an issue, some mid-sleeves and some palettes (like wrists, shoes, gloves) mismatch with the team's uniform colors (look at the Rams and Chiefs palettes as an example).
They can get fixed manually, but It's kind of annoying doing it release after release.
Also, some teams are unable to edit because they have a 4-bit pixel map (which is incompatible to edit).

Well, the Rams are getting an update for 2017 once the 2016 stuff is fully released.

As for the other teams, I'll talk to 1312qohelet about it, and if he thinks it's worth fixing, I'll see about getting it done.

I've not seen this year's roster but if the player equipment is like 2016 there are a lot of issues. Tons of players were using incorrect equipment which is a mammoth task to correct. The biggest issue I have is what the new equipment replaced. Stuff like double wristbands, and most of the other arm pads except rubber, were rarely used in original Madden 08 or mod's over the years. The double wristband could've been used for the wider wrist bands similar to half sleeve instead of the normal wristband. In 2016 to get your normal wrist wristband you had to redo all to double wristband which seems silly. We also need a team color arm sleeve.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon May 22, 2017 12:38 am

Raston wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
Tors12 wrote:The uniforms actually have an issue, some mid-sleeves and some palettes (like wrists, shoes, gloves) mismatch with the team's uniform colors (look at the Rams and Chiefs palettes as an example).
They can get fixed manually, but It's kind of annoying doing it release after release.
Also, some teams are unable to edit because they have a 4-bit pixel map (which is incompatible to edit).

Well, the Rams are getting an update for 2017 once the 2016 stuff is fully released.

As for the other teams, I'll talk to 1312qohelet about it, and if he thinks it's worth fixing, I'll see about getting it done.

I've not seen this year's roster but if the player equipment is like 2016 there are a lot of issues. Tons of players were using incorrect equipment which is a mammoth task to correct. The biggest issue I have is what the new equipment replaced. Stuff like double wristbands, and most of the other arm pads except rubber, were rarely used in original Madden 08 or mod's over the years. The double wristband could've been used for the wider wrist bands similar to half sleeve instead of the normal wristband. In 2016 to get your normal wrist wristband you had to redo all to double wristband which seems silly. We also need a team color arm sleeve.

It could be an easy fix if we do something.

1. Find all of the numerical values for each piece of equipment in the roster's PLAY table.
2. Find the numerical values for the equipment that best replaces the original equipment.
3. Mass edits using Excel.

Otherwise, you'd have to edit each player individually. I did that for all of my historic Cowboys teams. It sucked.
My Cowboys Journal

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Mon May 22, 2017 1:40 am

RevanFan wrote:
Raston wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Well, the Rams are getting an update for 2017 once the 2016 stuff is fully released.

It could be an easy fix if we do something.

1. Find all of the numerical values for each piece of equipment in the roster's PLAY table.
2. Find the numerical values for the equipment that best replaces the original equipment.
3. Mass edits using Excel.

Otherwise, you'd have to edit each player individually. I did that for all of my historic Cowboys teams. It sucked.

I agree with Revanfan. It is very easy doing it in excel as long you know the numeric value for each equipment.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Sat May 27, 2017 1:51 am

Raston wrote:I've not seen this year's roster but if the player equipment is like 2016 there are a lot of issues. Tons of players were using incorrect equipment which is a mammoth task to correct. The biggest issue I have is what the new equipment replaced. Stuff like double wristbands, and most of the other arm pads except rubber, were rarely used in original Madden 08 or mod's over the years. The double wristband could've been used for the wider wrist bands similar to half sleeve instead of the normal wristband. In 2016 to get your normal wrist wristband you had to redo all to double wristband which seems silly. We also need a team color arm sleeve.

I agree, at first it does seem silly that the double-wristband is now the single and vise versa.
It was not possible to make the double-wristband the bottom part of the half-sleeve, due to how the bitmaps and palettes are setup within the PLADATA.dat files 18, through 21.
I spent two months trying everything I could think of to keep similar equipment in the appropriately named selection slots.
This was not possible....at least for me.

Team color arm sleeves:
Due to the limitations of equipment slots provided by the game, team color arm sleeves have to be created within the palette section of each individual uniform.
A few months back I laid out a step-by-step walk through on how to accomplish this by using JDHalfrack's MUER....no photoshop necessary.
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=18118&start=50#p88149

Here is another post where I list the R - G - B formulas for several team's colors. These formulas can be entered in MUER's custom color feature for better color matching.
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=18118&start=20#p76915
I only have about half of the league listed there, though....that's all I know.
To get more RGB values, you would need a graphics program to match the desired colors.
These RGB's are also listed on the Official Team Logo Slicks originally brought to this site by pick6. Now, he no longer provides the downloads, but I do believe someone else took on that responsibility, so they are still available here. First place to look would be lichtental's USEFUL LINKS.

It's fairly simple to do a handful of teams, but would be a real pain in the ass to do every uniform in the mod.
So unfortunately, this task is left up to each individual gamer to decide if they'd like it their game and which teams to work on.

I know it's a little disconcerting, but I hope it helps a little.

Edit:
Last year (XVI), RevanFan included an un-altered default PLADATA.dat file, for those who don't care to use my equipment modifications.
I also understand that not everyone likes my equipment.
Which is why, with every uniform I create and post, I include a file with an original default palette section.
Perhaps RevanFan would be willing to include this default PLADAT.dat with future downloads.

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Sat May 27, 2017 6:23 am

Just so that the ones that are using XVI Mod tpf's, some of the memory addresses have changed with the new mod files. I ran into the field for Cleveland that has a new memory address now. Not a big deal but it would be nice to know what the new address is going to be. It took a few minutes to re-log and rebuild my field that was made for the XVI mod.

Is there a list of changed memory addresses or do we just need to rebuild the tpf if we notice a change?
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat May 27, 2017 6:34 am

madden07eurocat wrote:Just so that the ones that are using XVI Mod tpf's, some of the memory addresses have changed with the new mod files. I ran into the field for Cleveland that has a new memory address now. Not a big deal but it would be nice to know what the new address is going to be. It took a few minutes to re-log and rebuild my field that was made for the XVI mod.

Is there a list of changed memory addresses or do we just need to rebuild the tpf if we notice a change?

I honestly don't know anything about memory addresses or Texmod stuff, so I have no way of knowing what to log.

If you want to log the values and post them in a master list somewhere, it might be a decent idea. But, I know nothing about that stuff. I just install the files I'm given.
My Cowboys Journal

RevanFan
Legend

Re: FF/FI Mod Release Thread - 5/28/2017 - Core Files Updated

Postby RevanFan » Sun May 28, 2017 10:14 pm

Two updates have just been posted on the first post.

1. The "Program Files" have been uploaded. They include an updated launcher by DarKommi and updated stadium images by BelieverInTeal. Dated 5/28/2017.

2. The "Core Files" have been updated. Included is the fix for the Raiders field, all of 1312qohelet's 2016 camp uniforms, a few throwback uniform updates by BelieverInTeal, the 2016 Pro Bowl uniforms by 1312qohelet, an updated STAD table from BelieverInTeal, KeepinItTeal's sideline pack (the .dat version by mee), U.S. Bank Stadium by KeepinItTeal and mee, and updated field art by mee. The core files are now fully updated to 2016. Dated 5/28/2017.

EDIT: Errors have been fixed. The new file is dated 5/29/2017.

All I'm missing for the 2016 complete package are various small graphics that mention the mod name, and soloplayers. GeneralSilent is making good progress on those, and elguapo has stated his intent to update the smaller mod-related graphics.

I will begin updating the core files for 2017 soon. They will still use the 2016 roster, but will have updated uniforms. The roster will be updated when rogerjinx releases his week 1 roster in September.

To download the updated files, go to the first post of the thread (link below). Download anything that has been updated since your last download, though only the two packages mentioned above should be required.

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=19683#p98853
My Cowboys Journal

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Re: FF/FI Mod Release Thread - 5/28/2017 - Core Files Updated

Postby 1312qohelet » Sun May 28, 2017 10:21 pm

RevanFan wrote:Two updates have just been posted on the first post.

Thanks....downloading now.

I am really looking forward to the "Week 1" updates. It will be the first time since I have been a member here, that we will fully be in-step with the current season.
Very cool.

Return to “Finished Mods”