Helmets Mod (2023)

A collection of all finished mods!
Boris The Anteater
Pro Bowl

Re: Helmets Mod (2023)

Postby Boris The Anteater » Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:01 pm

DOLPHINSKINGS1 wrote:
Boris The Anteater wrote:
DOLPHINSKINGS1 wrote:You rock bud! Thanks for these amazing works!

Hahah you're very welcome I know how much you wanted the Schutt F7 in particular! I saw you requested it in the past when I was browsing through old forums looking for help..

Yep! We now got em' by you. We need to figure out FACE MASK next. I am a graphics artist for NHL 09 PC but I never figured out NFL 08. We will eventually.

Oh man I hope so the vanilla ones still bug me despite my best efforts to mix them up

The Schutt Air and F7 can pass with the ones available and the Speedflex too to some degree but the Vicis and Axiom in particular need more justice if they were actually more accurate it would be so amazing!

Sponsor

Sponsor

DOLPHINSKINGS1
All-Pro

Postby DOLPHINSKINGS1 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:12 pm

DOLPHINSKINGS1 wrote:
Hahah you're very welcome I know how much you wanted the Schutt F7 in particular! I saw you requested it in the past when I was browsing through old forums looking for help..

Yep! We now got em' by you. We need to figure out FACE MASK next. I am a graphics artist for NHL 09 PC but I never figured out NFL 08. We will eventually.

Oh man I hope so the vanilla ones still bug me despite my best efforts to mix them up

The Schutt Air and F7 can pass with the ones available and the Speedflex too to some degree but the Vicis and Axiom in particular need more justice if they were actually more accurate it would be so amazing!

Yeah, I want Tua's "808" Mask it the best out there and it's the coolest. I also want the OL's and DL's mask. Like Terron's and 3 Bar Full Cage with no hook on the face. Like these (Tua's):
CU-SF-2EG-SW-808Facemask01copy_1024x.png
CU-SF-2EG-SW-808Facemask01copy_1024x.png (64.21 KiB) Viewed 804 times
and this one for Terron:
66486_source_1690828361.jpg
66486_source_1690828361.jpg (80.16 KiB) Viewed 804 times
and these for OL and DL players and some LB's as well :
-300Wx300H-R954SP101-1.png
-300Wx300H-R954SP101-1.png (60.15 KiB) Viewed 804 times

Would be freaking awesome if we could get them in. They have them on Madden NFL 24 PS5 and XBox.
Miami Dolphins: Back-to-Back Super Bowl Champions '72-'73/ Undefeated Season Super Bowl VII & Super Bowl VIII
Los Angeles Kings: 2 Time Stanley Cup Champions 2012 & 2014

GO DOLPHINS!!!
GO KINGS GO!!!

Boris The Anteater
Pro Bowl

Postby Boris The Anteater » Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:10 pm

DOLPHINSKINGS1 wrote:
DOLPHINSKINGS1 wrote:

Yeah, I want Tua's "808" Mask it the best out there and it's the coolest. I also want the OL's and DL's mask. Like Terron's and 3 Bar Full Cage with no hook on the face. Like these (Tua's): CU-SF-2EG-SW-808Facemask01copy_1024x.png and this one for Terron:
66486_source_1690828361.jpg and these for OL and DL players and some LB's as well : -300Wx300H-R954SP101-1.png

Would be freaking awesome if we could get them in. They have them on Madden NFL 24 PS5 and XBox.

I would love to include all of these honestly

gonna be a daunting task with only 11 slots tho

14 if you count the revo ones but I wanna prioritize those to the Axiom still

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:04 pm

DOLPHINSKINGS1 wrote:

Yeah, I want Tua's "808" Mask it the best out there and it's the coolest. I also want the OL's and DL's mask. Like Terron's and 3 Bar Full Cage with no hook on the face. Like these (Tua's): CU-SF-2EG-SW-808Facemask01copy_1024x.png and this one for Terron:
66486_source_1690828361.jpg and these for OL and DL players and some LB's as well : -300Wx300H-R954SP101-1.png

I wonder...

We've figured out how to allow for more uniform slots per team. I wonder, should we ever figure out how to replace face mask, if we could expand the files to allow for more than just 12 options. In creasing the number of helmets above 5 would be nice too, so you could have classic and modern helmet designs.

I don't know if that would be possible, but I'll talk to Stingray about it.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:55 pm

RevanFan wrote:
DOLPHINSKINGS1 wrote:

I wonder...

We've figured out how to allow for more uniform slots per team. I wonder, should we ever figure out how to replace face mask, if we could expand the files to allow for more than just 12 options. In creasing the number of helmets above 5 would be nice too, so you could have classic and modern helmet designs.

Have or are you going to release information on how to add more uniform slots because I will put together uniforms 1960 to 2010 if I knew how to get them all in ? I would even create TUNI's that could be imported by season for rosters or Franchise's...... :D ;) :( :o :lol:
I already have a bunch of this stuff done by decade.... The only thing I don't like about it is you can't have present day uniforms vs a throwback more than 10 years old......

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:47 pm

Rixster67r wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

I wonder...

Have or are you going to release information on how to add more uniform slots because I will put together uniforms 1960 to 2010 if I knew how to get them all in ? I would even create TUNI's that could be imported by season for rosters or Franchise's...... :D ;) :( :o :lol:
I already have a bunch of this stuff done by decade.... The only thing I don't like about it is you can't have present day uniforms vs a throwback more than 10 years old......

It requires a DB_Templates file that has had the bit count edited to allow for more than 16 values in the TUCO field, and more than 512 values in the UNIF field. Once I get Madden set up again on my laptop I plan to put together all of the Nike uniforms in one file, and release it as part of the FF/FI mod. After that, have at it. Use it however you'd like.

Though, you should be aware that the maximum number of uniforms you can have is still around 700-ish, so long as they're the same size as the mod's high quality uniforms. The game is incapable of reading the UNIFORMS.dat file if it is larger than 2 GB total in size, and even though our high quality uniforms are only about 2 to 3 MB, that adds up fast.

If you were to use very low quality uniforms with a small file size, though, and use TexMod to replace the low quality textures with high quality ones, the limit would be MUCH higher.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Boris The Anteater
Pro Bowl

Postby Boris The Anteater » Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:19 pm

RevanFan wrote:
Rixster67r wrote:
RevanFan wrote:I wonder...

It requires a DB_Templates file that has had the bit count edited to allow for more than 16 values in the TUCO field, and more than 512 values in the UNIF field. Once I get Madden set up again on my laptop I plan to put together all of the Nike uniforms in one file, and release it as part of the FF/FI mod. After that, have at it. Use it however you'd like.

Though, you should be aware that the maximum number of uniforms you can have is still around 700-ish, so long as they're the same size as the mod's high quality uniforms. The game is incapable of reading the UNIFORMS.dat file if it is larger than 2 GB total in size, and even though our high quality uniforms are only about 2 to 3 MB, that adds up fast.

If you were to use very low quality uniforms with a small file size, though, and use TexMod to replace the low quality textures with high quality ones, the limit would be MUCH higher.

I don't mean to judge especially since you guys are cool and have been around way longer than me but I think we're getting in over our heads with these ambitious ideas

I think we should just do another GHT mod project thats seperate from the FF/FI mod at this point if we're gonna sacrifice quality for max size

I always felt like it was intentional to prioritize quality over everything with the main mod since its franchise focused and since we only got like 16 uniform slots per team?

GHT from 2014 could use some reworks anyways it sounds fun I wouldn't mind doing it especially since we could just use elguapos xmod for the base that is all about having space over everything

Boris The Anteater
Pro Bowl

Postby Boris The Anteater » Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:22 pm

RevanFan wrote:
Rixster67r wrote:

I don't mean to judge especially since you guys are cool and have been around way longer than me but I think we're getting in over our heads with these ambitious ideas

I think we should just do another GHT mod project thats seperate from the FF/FI mod at this point if we're gonna sacrifice quality for max size

I always felt like it was intentional to prioritize quality over everything with the main mod since its franchise focused and since we only got like 16 uniform slots per team?

GHT from 2014 could use some reworks anyways it sounds fun I wouldn't mind doing it especially since we could just use elguapos xmod for the base that is all about having space over everything

OMG just realized if we did another GHT mod I could probably put one of each helmet from different eras into the same game!

ghickman
Rookie

Postby ghickman » Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:06 pm

thanks, great stuff :)

Return to “Finished Mods”