I'm combining PCmod and the X mod into one. PCmod was my attempt to update madden but it was hardly used due to the fact that I ended up working with other major projects on the forum. X mod was an alternate to madden which added more spots for new graphics than having to replace default images. This leaves the ability to still use old rosters without having to swap mods.
Extract and copy these files to a clean "Madden NFL 08" folder and load the <default> roster.
UIS_LIB_STADIUMS.dat - (Move this file to the "Programs Files\EA Sports\Madden NFL 08\data1" folder. Rename the original's extension to "original" then copy the X mod's copy to the folder.
Xmod v2 Patch *BOLD = What's New
Field "sideline/out of bounds" fix as discovered by pick6.
Broncos, Eagles and Panthers misalignment crowd fix.
Raiders field art fix in franchise mode.
The current mod has updates that have been made in the past by members like:
and many more....
If you would like to contribute please see this thread.
Xmod Google Drive
Xmod v2 Patch MediaFire
Version 2 contains the Xmod, the updates in the Update Center plus four new teams: Marshals, Monsters, Mummies and the Sugar Buzz. These teams feature the custom field TMdl files which allows then to have their own custom fields.
Hotfix #1 MediaFire
1. The hotfix corrects turf fields not having tarps even tho weather conditions exist and grass fields having tarps even tho weather conditions do not exist. Thanks to mee for that little piece of information.
2. The default NFL hash marks will be replaced with pick6's version of Madden's 3ft hash marks.
3. Teams that use custom fields will use pick6's 2ft hash marks. Custom fields (if used in the TEZ2 slot) cover up the "ghost" lines so the 2ft hash marks will be more to real life hash marks without the visible "ghost" lines.
4. Teams that use custom fields can now use any weather degradation field (or any custom field) by selecting the proper TEZ2 field.
5. ...and finally, an identity for the Xmod with a new menu interface.
Place a copy of the following files in this folder:
Run DBR4.exe and run the IMPORT script. Once finished move the files listed above to the Documents Madden NFL 08 folder.
Custom Field (2ft) Weather Degradation IDs
944 Grass Fair
945 Grass Rain
946 Grass Snow
947 Turf Fair/Rain
948 Turf Snow
949 Steelers Fair
950 Steelers Rain
951 Steelers Snow
720 Super Bowl 51 field.
Go to the STAD table and change the Texans' stadium ST35 to 720. In Madden select the teams, choose the Texans' stadium and you'll have the Super Bowl 51 field. No need to change endzone and midfield settings.
Mucho thanks to:
pick6 for his field lines and twin endzone TMdl.
BelieverInTeal for the full field TMdl.
stingray68 for his DEX editor.
JD Halfrack for his DFR4 editor.
The creator of the DBR4 editor.
Stadium Field Effects - Allows for the Sugar Buzz stadium to splash milk effects on the field. Allows for the Nile High and Marshals stadiums to kick up dirt on the field. README.txt file included.