A spot for your mods in progress.
grabursock55
MVP

VIAA High School Football

Postby grabursock55 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:50 pm

Sept. 19, 2016
VIAA Football V. 06
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/k4fhl ... e/VIAA.rar
If you would like to contribute to the mod by making scoreboard textures. pleaase let me know!

Hello! Its about my bed time and I have work tomorrow, but I just wanted to just plop this picture on here. Started working on a new mod. High School football in the fictional state of Vaughnland, in the fictional country of Aquatova. This is the home stadium of the Jackson Pines Blue Jays, a class "AA" school with an enrollment of 228 (Yes, small school, I know!). The teams you see in this image are not completed, just showing off the scoreboard, pine trees, wooden bench =) and things of that nature. There are 64 teams currently competing in VIAA (Vaughnland Interscholastic Athletic Association) and teams are newly being classified into one of three classes (A, AA, or AAA) we are currently in the year 2019. I was originally playing this dynasty on madden 09 for the original xbox, but decided I wanted more in depth uni and stadium editing.

Here is the first screenshot of the mod... Still a long long way from completion:

Making tpf mods and tpf mod accessories.

VIAA High School Football

Sponsor

Sponsor

cyclone2426
All-Pro

Re: VIAA High School Football

Postby cyclone2426 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:52 pm

Looking good so far.

syboost
All-Pro

Postby syboost » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:16 pm

That's great! Is it tpf or dat based?

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:36 am

Updates for ya'll! I completed 11 teams uniforms... ill upload them here. I still have to edit the stadiums for those teams, but that should be easy as most of them use the same files as a base meaning I dont have to keep popping in and out of texmod.

For the person who asked if it is .dat based or texmod, it is texmod lol. I taught myself texmod and im sticking with it... Dat modding is too scary for me and I'm afraid I will delete something or edit an important file and kill my game.

Anyway, each team has a background story as far as socio-economic status, enrollment, championship history, etc. Richer/bigger schools have bigger stadiums and nice uniforms. Poorer schools therefore have smaller stadiums with less sinage and not so fancy uniforms... just a nice way to make the mod feel more realistic

UNIFORMS THUS FAR:

Saint Benjamin Golden Eagles

Saint Isaac Panthers

Port Boyerton North Bombers

Port Boyerton South Marauders

Enterline Point Tigers

Jackson Pines Blue Jays

Tyloria Olympians (Orange and purple are the country's colors, which is why the olympians also took this color)

Diamond Falls Minors

Quiggle Tech Rams

Hopewell Dawgs

Chain crew (bluer color for refs/crew) Blue and gold are the states colors, which is why i choose them for the refs, crew, and VIAA logo.

Thats what I have so far! hope you like it! I'll update when I get some more stuff done.

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:40 pm

Looks great!
Another nice touch would be to have very little equipment(like rubber pads), and some players not wearing gloves...
So the Giants traded Beckham....

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:05 pm

mee wrote:Looks great!
Another nice touch would be to have very little equipment(like rubber pads), and some players not wearing gloves...

Hey! Now thats an awesome idea! Honestly, I have never been good with small details like that, so I appreciate the input. Ill get on that. It should be pretty easy with the editor!

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:12 pm

Another Update:

A unique part of high school football is that it generally doesnt get loads of money dumped into it (depending on where you are). The same is true in Vaughnland, where football teams share their field with the soccer team meaning that both sports have to line the field for their respective sports. Many schools also dont have the money to be wasteful with their field lining tools, giving some schools a very minimalistic look to their fields, which honestly, since this is a high school mod, makes all the difference in immersion.

Diamond Falls High School is one of many schools in the VIAA who shares thier athletic facilities.

The surrounding area is also an important aspect of immersion. With NFL and college stadiums, you often get a generic feel for any stadium unless you have been there yourself. The nice thing about high school sports is the stadiums are small, and dont block all of the views of the surrounding area. Often stadiums are built in a location that would give fans an idea of what life in any given town is like. For example:
Diamond Falls was initially founded as a mining town with many homes actually being built into the mountians. In recent years, many people have built more traditional homes outside of the mountians, but the hills that welcomed the first residents of the town are a beautiful backdrop for a football game. The school built the stadium with a view of the mountain range as a reminder for student athletes to never forget where they came from.

Port Boyerton North and Port Boyerton South have a unique relationship with the local professional football team, The Port Boyerton Bombers. The Professional Port Boyerton Bombers donate their unused equipment to the city schools for use, giving the athletes an advantage with cutting edge equipment. Origionally, Port Boyerton Only had one High School, whose athletic teams were known as the Bombers. When the school split in the late 90's due to overcrowding, the old high school became Port Boyerton North, and a new school was built on the south side of the city, where of course the Port Boyerton South Marauders now reside. Since the old school (now PB North) was already adorned with "Bomber" rally paintings in the hall and athletic gear, the school was allowed to keep the name. This was a calculated move, however, as the gear that PB North gets from the Professional team usually does not even need to be repainted! Usually it can just be recertified and put into game use. This is the reason that PB North Uses almost all the same logos, colors, etc. as the pro team.
Another benefit of having a friendly pro team in town is that the teams can share the stadium! Both High Schools, the pro team, and a college team all use the same field, but the sod is constantly kept playable by the amazing grounds crew.
From the Port Boyerton Field, you can see the towering skyscrapers of Port Boyerton looming nearby.

And just off the shore of Port Boyerton is the tiny Quiggle Island, home of the Quiggle Tech Rams. Quiggle Tech has one of the oldest football programs in the state, and though it is generally not regarded as a powerful program, it has a very rich history. The brick wall in the background has been encircling the field since the first youth football game took place on this field between the First Ward and Fourth Ward School in 1954. Looking beyond the brick wall, you can see the stretch of water, and then the skyline of Port Boyerton in the distance.

Also, check out the nice, simplified field art here... Nice plain numbers, no arrows pointing by the yard markers, thin sidelines, no lines showing how far sideline players can rove downfield. I think this may be my favorite field so far...

GMG2014
All-Pro

Postby GMG2014 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:52 pm

when is this mod going to be ready

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:37 pm

GMG2014 wrote:when is this mod going to be ready

I would say I'm about a sixth of the way done. But it should be easier as I go through.

I have 64 teams in the VIAA, and I intend to get all of them in this mod, as of now, I have 11 teams uniforms done and about 7 or 8 stadiums.

GMG2014
All-Pro

Postby GMG2014 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:43 pm

OK, looking amazing so far, I can't wait

Return to “Mods In Progress”