NFL History Mod initial release

A spot for your mods in progress.
Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:19 am

This is the Base files for the NFL History Mod.......

The individual files will be updated over time but this will be the base

This was made possible because of the following people.......Revanfan and The FFXIII mod team, Elguapo (XMOD), BigDaddyCool (All inclusive mod),Guamyankee (GHT), Leeman67 (60 to 69 uniforms) Thankyou very much for allowing us to use parts of your mods

The uniforms are a combination of the 60-69 uniforms and XMOD however a few of the NFL europe uniforms got overwritten and don't work......I do plan on correcting this.......All of the CFL and USFL work and are included

This mod is not complete.......However I am releasing what is ready in hope that some of you will help finish it

Also included is the 1960 roster that has been completely reworked and has all the stadiums coaches uniforms ready for franchise or play now
I also created the 11 fictional teams and 300 free agents (USFL TEAMS) to make a franchise possible....... I tried to use USFL teams that could share a stadium with an AFL/NFL Team if possible for example the Chicago Blitz plays home games at Wrigley field

I also am including a 1960 franchise that is ready to go minus a few stadiums that need to be created however you can use the following tpf's
Oklahoma Outlaws = Oklahoma =Heisman 14
Orlando Renegades = Baltimore Memorial= included
Houston Oilers = Houston = Heisman 11
NY Titans = Amsterdam for the Polo grounds = assigned
Boston Patriots = Boston college = Heisman 14
Pittsburgh Steelers= Baltimore Memorial= included
I have some of these done but need permission to release them

Place the dat files in your my documents/ madden 08 folder
start the game by loading the 6o logos tpf in texmod....... I plan on making these dat but not now

I have had some crashes using the mod but I think my laptop is overheating.......let me know if you have any issues and what you think of the mod

More rosters will be released soon now that I have a base.......

leeman67 has updated the 60 to 69 uniforms and logos and you can get them here.......
Logos https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8MINf ... sp=sharing
Uniforms viewtopic.php?f=85&t=20071

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8MINf ... sp=sharing

The 1976 season mod includes
Roster
Stadiums
Coaches
Franchise

The base mod will now look more like FFXIII than XMOD but basically this is the two combined

The franchise contains the exact schedule of the 1976 season.......
You can play through week 14 as you like but once you reach week 15 you have to make some adjustments so playoffs will work and it won't crash
Load the franchise in NZA editor 1.3 and under teams you must add 8 losses to the following teams Jaguars,Panthers,Ravens,and Texans. If the team has one loss already then add 8 losses to the one equal 9.......Basically you are telling the game that the teams played 11 games and giving them a low winning percentage so they will not be selected to the play offs

Next you load the franchise up in the game and under menu select news and info and then Team standings.......Scroll to AFC standings and take note of the first team with an X by it (Clinched playoff spot) and then do the same thing for the NFC......

Next load the Franchise in Madden amp and under Team editor Relocate the Jaguars and Ravens from the NFL Europe to the NFL/AFC/South and the Panthers and the Texans to the NFL/NFC/South then move your previously noted AFC playoff team to the AFC South and the NFC team to the NFC south

Note........ NZA editor 1.3 also has the ability to change teams from one division to another or to the NFL Europe however it does not save correctly and will cause a crash....... Madden amp does save correctly...... I wish I could just create a Team csv for the db editor that would make all these changes easier but the db editor will not allow you to import a team csv to a franchise file so you have to do this manually

I also wanted to say that two of the four times I tested to make sure this will work the Raiders and Vikings played in the Superbowl but the Vikings won.......so the roster must be close to realistic

Now load your franchise up in game and sim the rest of the season and the correct teams will be selected to the playoffs

Note......To keep teams from signing free agents and adjusting the depth chart play with injuries off or at the beginning of each week before any games are played load your franchise in NZA editor 1.3 and under injury select delete all injuries........also the injury rating for each player is randomly assigned so if you see that your player is getting injured too much then raise his injury rating with the editor

More info will be posted on how I was able to shrink the league will be posted soon although you may have an idea already there was some stuff I learned and must be followed in order for it to work

Here is the mod....... https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8MINf ... sp=sharing

Sponsor

Sponsor

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Re: NFL History Mod initial release

Postby BUS36 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:50 pm

the download keeps failing
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:08 am

I just downloaded it and it was fine........anyone else having problems.......

I have super fast internet though.......I remember when I had slower internet I had to keep my screen awake or it would fail...... not saying that is your issue but it might be......

Let me know

Are you using chrome because it seems to work better for google drive.......

GeneralSilent
MVP

Postby GeneralSilent » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:20 am

Download worked perfectly for me
God bless america!

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:01 pm

I have been able to get a franchise to work with 6 divisions and 28 teams while using the actual schedule for that season........ :D :o :lol: :?:

I am going to step out on a limb here and say that I am 80 percent sure that I am able to schedule any NFL/AFL/USFL/XFL/CFL/WFL season

I am also fixing to have a surprise roster and franchise to release....... should be up by the weekend......stay tuned

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:24 am

The 1976 Mini mod has been posted to the first post......Enjoy

The 1966 season is up next and then the 86 and 96 season...... I am going to concentrate more on existing rosters for now because I am basically giving you a mod in itself for each roster so the less time I have to spend on the rosters the better........ You should find that these rosters are very detailed and contain alot of information about each player as well as the stadiums......The stadiums that were Turf are Turf and the stadiums that were grass are grass and there are even baseball fields for the teams that played on grass and shared the stadium with a baseball team like Oakland and San Diego

If there is a particular season you would like to see sooner let me know........The reason I am pulling away from the early 60's seasons is I didnt feel there was much interest in them......Heck I am probably one of the older people on this site and I didnt start watching football until 76

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:36 pm

Nice ..very nice. I will say that the 1976 Steelers are alittle off(I fixed them for myself), but you did a great job...
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:37 pm

Thanks Bus....... The players ratings are based upon their Weighted Career Average at ProFootballReference.com and not for a particular season and this will in some cases make the backup better rated than the starter........ however I manually went through each teams depth chart and adjusted it to match PFR's depth chart

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:38 pm

Thanks Bus....... The players ratings are based upon their Weighted Career Average at ProFootballReference.com and not for a particular season and this will in some cases make the backup better rated than the starter........ however I manually went through each teams depth chart and adjusted it to match PFR's depth chart

what was one I know that Franco Harris was listed as FB ..but he actually was a RB. Bleier was the called FB. Noll's system never called for a FB but 2 RBs in the backfield.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:20 am

Oh..... ok good find

PFR is very accurate as far as information goes however it doesn't tell me what side the wide receivers played on or what type of offense the team ran.

One thing that I have learned from what you said is that most teams ran the pro set formation because in general most fullbacks in the league had the most carries. I am going to look into this and see if I can come up with some playbooks that had the pro set......

Return to “Mods In Progress”