Texmod

Modifying Madden 08.
mee
Hall of Fame

Re: Texmod

Postby mee » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:16 pm

slamminhamann wrote:I've done this, as well as for the mainapp.exe in the Madden 2008 folder. I'm still getting the virus message.

Make sure you are running the game in 32 (pixel? bit?) format. Its the last number in the resolution screen..
So the Giants traded Beckham....

Sponsor

Sponsor

slamminhamann
Veteran

Postby slamminhamann » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:02 pm

Thanks for the help, guys. I had to shut off my virus protection to use it. Is there a tutorial thread for TexMod somewhere on this forum?

lichtental
MVP

Postby lichtental » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:06 am

slamminhamann wrote:Thanks for the help, guys. I had to shut off my virus protection to use it. Is there a tutorial thread for TexMod somewhere on this forum?

First post of ths thread ;)

pagjame
All-Pro

Postby pagjame » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:27 pm

Another strange question from pagjame... I have have downloaded texmod but have the downloaded version. I doubt I will pay anymore money to get the other version as most of what I want to do runs well with some minor ideas like this one. Is there any way to change the hair styles to some more modern haircuts using texmod? I mean seriously, flat tops??? Mullets???

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:56 pm

pagjame wrote:Another strange question from pagjame... I have have downloaded texmod but have the downloaded version. I doubt I will pay anymore money to get the other version as most of what I want to do runs well with some minor ideas like this one. Is there any way to change the hair styles to some more modern haircuts using texmod? I mean seriously, flat tops??? Mullets???

This is definitely trey31's department. You could try asking him on his thread, here.

tonito550
Rookie

Postby tonito550 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:09 pm

I dont have mainapp.exe I just have madden08.exe I bought the game off amazon

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:21 pm

tonito550 wrote:I dont have mainapp.exe I just have madden08.exe I bought the game off amazon

That shouldn't matter, I use the amazon version and have no trouble using TexMod.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:18 pm

anthonyjh7 wrote:
Drizzt_13 wrote:I have seen lots of uniform mods, but nothing that makes player arms and legs like anything other than skin colored tubes. I assume this is due to a problem with the the game rather than lack of effort, I'm just curious what the issue is and if it is ever conceivably solvable.

"Lack of Effort"?? lol...

FYI, starting a "Skin tone" project will be a very tedious and confusing process if there ever was one, because there are 8 different skin tones in this game, and 519 face textures that goes along with each of those 8 skin tones.

I know this is a really, really old thread that got necromancer'd, but I just have to address this...

There are actually 519 skin tones. They are included in each of the playerfaces.dat palettes. Some of the colormaps (palettes) definitely repeat, but there are far, far more than 8. Ask me how I know this :lol:

Also, I didn't get the memo on how tedious and confusing modding 519 skin textures would be. Probably could have saved myself 10 months of pain. lol

The reason I ended up here is to ask a question.

Anyone know how to log textures that retain their Indexed color, rather than the RGB color that I keep getting??

I really, really need to get at least two crowd textures of different home teams out of the game with their indexed colormap intact, so I can work my magic... In the Stadiums.dat files 789-793 are the base textures (which I could also use) but with DEX and DFR they keep showing out-of-range errors for me, so I can't get them to extract.

EDIT: 3D Ripper DX also spits out 32-bit RGB textures rather than Indexed.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:27 pm

trey31 wrote:Anyone know how to log textures that retain their Indexed color, rather than the RGB color that I keep getting??

I really, really need to get at least two crowd textures of different home teams out of the game with their indexed colormap intact, so I can work my magic... In the Stadiums.dat files 789-793 are the base textures (which I could also use) but with DEX and DFR they keep showing out-of-range errors for me, so I can't get them to extract.

Is it a regular MMAP?
So the Giants traded Beckham....

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:56 pm

mee wrote:
trey31 wrote:Anyone know how to log textures that retain their Indexed color, rather than the RGB color that I keep getting??

Is it a regular MMAP?

Yes VirdeeMan helped me out. I needed to use MMAPer utility. The palettes didn't work out though. Kind of stuck now.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Return to “Modding”