stadium editing?

Modifying Madden 08.
pick6
Hall of Fame

Re: Stadium editing for idiots

Postby pick6 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:22 pm

BelieverInTeal wrote:You will also want to check whether your stadium is climate controlled or not. This is done by scanning the STRY value. 0 = no and 1 = yes.

I've been playing around this myself, trying to make it rain in the Saints stadium to start off with, and I found that this setting only seems to affect whether the user can choose custom weather conditions or not (temperature, precipitation, & wind). When the STRY for the Superdome was set to 0, the weather conditions were no longer grayed out, and so I could manually pick different conditions, but it didn't actually bring any weather into the dome. By trial and error, I found I had to change the SFWE value aswell (from 1 to 0), for bad weather to be present in the dome.

(BTW, I also tested with SFWE at 0 and STRY at 1, but that didn't make any change either; I found I had to have both set at 0 for rain, wind and snow to be present.)

If I'm missing something, I'd be grateful for any extra info you have, else I reckon it would be worthwhile to also mention the SFWE in your first post. My problem now though is I can only make this happen for the Texans' Reliant Stadium when I edit a .ros; it doesn't seem to work for a .fra! Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

The problem with Reliant is over here: http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=15643

Thanks!

Re: Stadium editing for idiots

Sponsor

Sponsor

vbctv
Rookie

Re: stadium editing?

Postby vbctv » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:30 am

I decided to do something different. I started a franchise from scratch and then I'm building new stadiums for the teams with new stadiums and trying to make them look as close as possible to their actual new stadiums. I know it won't be perfect but it's worth trying.

ehlomint
All-Pro

Postby ehlomint » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:37 pm

Did anyone figure out how to control the color of the seats in a stadium? Say I want to make the Heinz Field seats yellow, is this done through TexMod or is there an art file I can edit to fix this? Thanks

MKDAWUSS
Veteran

Postby MKDAWUSS » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:49 pm

Have we (the modding community) made much progress when it comes to original stadiums? From what I gather we're still stuck with redressing current ones, but I was wondering if we were getting closer to cracking that one open.

Footballlover
Veteran

Postby Footballlover » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:52 am

Will Editing like this work with Madden 07??

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:32 am

elguapo wrote:Some fields have a small NFL logo on the 25 yard line. If you're on the midfield looking toward the goal post it will no your left or right. Here's how to add/removed it.

Looking at column ST35, change the value to meet your team's field.

0 = none

25 = left side

26 = right side

The location of the images are located in the FIELDART.dat file 633-659. Files with a size of 4380 have an image, files with a size of 3780 are blank.

634 - bengals
635 - bills
637 - bucs
639 - 49ers
641- lions
642 - patriots
643 - rams
644 - ravens
645 - redskins
650 - vikings

slydways, i know you asked for this information but I couldn't find the thread you posted it in. I had to find the notes I had written down to find it myself. The latest FFmod takes advantage of these files.
651 - saints

slydways
Banned
Location: Alliance,Ohio ........Home of the MOUNT UNION PURPLE RAIDERS 11 Division III National Championships

Postby slydways » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:36 am

Thanks el....I appreciate it...thanks for remembering ;)

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:07 pm

How can I edit the values for SRAT in the db editor? When I pop up "Edit Value In Selected Row", SRAT is not an option?
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:19 am

KO'BBF wrote:How can I edit the values for SRAT in the db editor? When I pop up "Edit Value In Selected Row", SRAT is not an option?

Make sure you're looking at the STAD table in the roster. Sometimes when editing in DB editor, it doesn't show all the fields that are to the right. Method 1 is to right-click anywhere on the line you want, then "Edit value in selected row". Method 2 which most folks do is export as a .csv file, edit in Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice Calc (free), re-save as a .csv file, and import back in. Don't forget to then save the roster under a new name.

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:30 pm

Thank you very much for your help. That was what I was over looking, the drop down menu only goes so far. I flipped my desktop to portrait (that was fun learning the mouse) and I was able to pull it up on the drop down menu. Thanks!
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

Return to “Modding”