Creating a Franchise from Custom Teams

Modifying Madden 08.
mike9472
MVP

Re: Creating a Franchise from Custom Teams

Postby mike9472 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:36 pm

elguapo wrote:OMTU? I haven't been able to get a copy of that program.

How the heck did I miss this thread all these years. I used OMTU long time ago and it worked fine for me, just don't remember how I did it. I do remember that when you load a roster/franchise it only gives you Madden 07 as an option. It still loads Madden 08 just fine. Here's OMTU, if anyone wants to mess around with it. I have 2 versions, don't remember which one I used. Enjoy

OMTU.zip
(605.1 KiB) Downloaded 177 times

OMTU (JDhalfrack Edition).zip
(1.49 MiB) Downloaded 176 times

Sponsor

Sponsor

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:55 pm

Thanks mike.

rambolz, I found an error on the spreadsheet. My bad. I needed to add the extra custom team above the bears in the xmod franchise.csv file.

I still need to check for further errors but I will need to do it in the next few days.

Don't drive yourself crazy trying to figure it. I will come up with a working tutorial.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:59 pm

OK rambolz, I think I got the instructions and the materials corrected.

The instructions are pretty much the same but please read through them carefully as some listed instructions have changed.

Thank you for taking the time to give some feedback on the instructions.

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:25 am

elguapo wrote:OK rambolz, I think I got the instructions and the materials corrected.

The instructions are pretty much the same but please read through them carefully as some listed instructions have changed.

Thank you for taking the time to give some feedback on the instructions.

Don't thank me, you're the one who came up with this great guide. I'll give the new instructions a go in a while!

EDIT: The instructions are perfect now, thank you! Everything works now and the schedule is correct. Thank you so much for answering all my questions and helping me to get the franchise going!

It was indeed the problem earlier that the Bears were TGID 1 instead of 0 and that messed up the schedule. Now everything's perfect following the new instructions!

MaccaWacca
Veteran

Postby MaccaWacca » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:58 pm

Hi

I am having a problem with mine. I have followed all of your steps up to step 12. When I try and start my franchise, the teams are not in the right conference and divisions. So i fix it up, then when I click on "AFC" after I have done reassigning the NFC teams, the game crashes. Any way to fix this? A video tutorial would be great.

Cheers
Aussie guy who plays Aussie rules down under. Loved NFL and madden for years. You Beauty. :)

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:56 pm

Yeah, I'll do a tutorial video in the near future.

dacomell0625
Rookie

Postby dacomell0625 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:35 am

I'm wondering if it's possible to do a franchise with more than 32 teams. If so, how?

Thanks!

maya
Rookie

Postby maya » Fri May 08, 2020 9:55 pm

help, I do all the corresponding steps, but when creating the franchise, the teams do not appear

https://ibb.co/Lp0GjMW

change (TYYP = 0) but when I create the franchise it takes me out, it tells me that the madden stops working and closes me

:twisted: MAYA QB #17

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Thu May 14, 2020 8:40 pm

maya wrote:help, I do all the corresponding steps, but when creating the franchise, the teams do not appear

https://ibb.co/Lp0GjMW

change (TYYP = 0) but when I create the franchise it takes me out, it tells me that the madden stops working and closes me

I'm planning on making a tutorial on this in the future. If you like, send me a roster with the teams you want in a franchise and do it for you in the meantime.

Hessen
Rookie

Postby Hessen » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:20 pm

Hi, new here! Trying to start a franchise using a created custom team to replace the jets. I am struggling to understand this line in your instructions: 'main menu select CSV>Addendum and select the Xmod Franchise.csv file.'
Which main menu? Additionally I cant find where to click Addendum and then select the Xmod.csv file.

Apologies if this is a silly question, I fear I have spent too much time staring at a screen today!
Cheers

Return to “Modding”