Creating a Team and Stadium Logos

Modifying Madden 08.
TheDeadKnight57
Rookie

Postby TheDeadKnight57 » Mon May 20, 2019 2:33 pm

I am new to modding Madden 08. I have been playing this game off and on for about a year now. I have the FF/FI XV mod installed. and am Calhoupe's scripts. I recently decided to try my hand at making my own team in the game with custom logos, helmets, etc. I have managed to get my own helmet design and logos into the game, but the midfield logo and endzone design will not show up in game. I have tried reading some of the forums, but have not had luck figuring out what to do to get my own designs in game. All help or advice is appreciated. My endzone is just a plain black EA Sports design and midfield has a weird tearing/ rain splash effect going on.

Sponsor

Sponsor

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Re: Creating a Team and Stadium Logos

Postby elguapo » Tue May 21, 2019 1:03 am

Somebody else brought up this issue also. Will look into it and I should have an answer by Friday.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Tue May 21, 2019 12:11 pm

When creating a team, Madden uses TMFL=6 as a template for midfields. The midfield should be 256x256.

The FF mod used a different size and as a result you get the clouds in the area where a midfield should be. In order to correct this follow these steps:

1. Using a DB editor, in the TEAM table scroll down to the Cardinals, scroll right to the TMFL field and change the value from 6 to 59.

2. Using DFR4, open the FIELDART.dat file and insert the download in the 324th spot and save. (zero based unchecked)
00324-FIELDART.7z
(510 Bytes) Downloaded 97 times

TheDeadKnight57
Rookie

Postby TheDeadKnight57 » Fri May 24, 2019 12:38 pm

elguapo wrote:When creating a team, Madden uses TMFL=6 as a template for midfields. The midfield should be 256x256.

The FF mod used a different size and as a result you get the clouds in the area where a midfield should be. In order to correct this follow these steps:

1. Using a DB editor, in the TEAM table scroll down to the Cardinals, scroll right to the TMFL field and change the value from 6 to 59.

2. Using DFR4, open the FIELDART.dat file and insert the download in the 324th spot and save. (zero based unchecked)
00324-FIELDART.7z

What is DFR4 and where do I find the FIELDART.dat file?

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Fri May 24, 2019 9:03 pm

DRF4 stands for DAT File Replacer version 4.

This is to fix the FF mod custom team's midfield.

The FIELDART.dat file is located in the my Documents/Madden NFL 08.

Return to “Modding”