Service Pack PS3

A place for all old random modding threads.
Also, feel free to ask any questions here!
BR_DreadlocK
Veteran

Re: Service Pack PS3

Postby BR_DreadlocK » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:41 pm

Gridiron wrote:However another thought here, perhaps you could have them check out to see if that registry hack for the generic PS3 gamepads works for the PS2 controllers.

Yes, it works perfectly!
Ans I was also looking for a registry buttons remapping, but I've not found anything...
The closer of that was this: http://www.sysopt.com/showthread.php?192813-Can-I-change-the-button-mapping-on-a-gamepad

Sponsor

Sponsor

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:43 pm

Do you think this would work for Madden 2005?

The X360 controller works for gameplay, but the display is brutal.

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:04 am

AaronS wrote:Do you think this would work for Madden 2005?
Only if TexMod does. I own versions 2004, '06, & '08 only, so you'll have to try that.

The X360 controller works for gameplay, but the display is brutal.
Understood.
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

EdgeForce141
All-Pro

Postby EdgeForce141 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:01 am

Gridiron wrote:Play MADDEN '08 PC with PS3 Controller Icons

The idea behind the MADDEN NFL '08 PC TexMod package files contained in the attached file PS3onPC.zip
is to provide support for players who are accustomed to playing MADDEN on PlayStation3 consoles.
(Also the files support players accustomed to legacy Logitech icons when using a connected XBOX or PS3 gamepad,
and there's support for new MADDEN PC players who may be using a Logitech F-series controller.)

TexMod package files

Code: Select all

PlayStation3_Icons.tpf        Replaces Logitech PC controller button icons with PlayStation3  icons.
PS3&PC_Hybrid_Icons.tpf       Replaces Logitech PC controller button icons with hybrid PlayStation3/PC icons.
Logitech_F-series_Icons.tpf   Replaces Logitech PC controller button icons with Logitech F-*10 icons.
XBOX_to_Hybrid_Icons.tpf      Replaces XBOX controller button icons with PS3/PC hybrid icons.
XBOX_to_Logitech_Legacy_Icons.tpf     Replaces XBOX controller button icons with Logitech legacy icons.
XBOX_to_PS3_Icons.tpf         Replaces XBOX controller button icons with PS3 icons.

PIX4.png
Defense: XBOX controller displaying XBOX icons. Offense:
Logitech controller displaying PS3 icons.

A couple of small items in the playbook diagram icon modifications did not work out exactly as I wanted them to.
In the offensive playbook diagrams shown during play selection when using a XBOX controller while displaying
PS3 icons, the L1 and R1 receivers icons are shown as LO and RO.

PIX5.png
Defense: Logitech controller displaying Logitech F-series icons. Offense: XBOX controller displaying PS3 icons.

When using a XBOX controller while displaying Logitech icons,
the 5 and 6 receiver icons are shown on the play diagrams as L3 and R3.

PIX6.png
Offense: XBOX controller displaying legacy Logitech icons.

Also, if you load two button icon packages, one to display icons using a Logitech compatible controller,
and another package to display icons using a XBOX controller, certain combinations cause a conflict.
Depending on the .tpf load order, for one of the players offensive play diagrams might show the wrong receiver icons.

The hybrid icon packages are intended for situations when there is one player who prefers the PS3 icons,
while the other player prefers the Logitech icons, and both controllers being used are of the same type.

How can I get mine to look like the first picture in the post I quoted when I am play with a friend on the same computer?

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:00 am

First you'd need to have one XBOX and one Logitech Dual Action compatible controller connected.
Then you'd need to load the PlayStation3_Icons.tpf.

EdgeForce141
All-Pro

Postby EdgeForce141 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:05 pm

Thanks Gridiron

EdgeForce141
All-Pro

Postby EdgeForce141 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:22 pm

The idea behind the MADDEN NFL '08 PC TexMod package files contained in the attached file PS3onPC.zip
is to provide support for players who are accustomed to playing MADDEN on PlayStation3 consoles.
(Also the files support players accustomed to legacy Logitech icons when using a connected XBOX or PS3 gamepad,
and there's support for new MADDEN PC players who may be using a Logitech F-series controller.)

TexMod package files

PlayStation3_Icons.tpf        Replaces Logitech PC controller button icons with PlayStation3  icons.
PS3&PC_Hybrid_Icons.tpf       Replaces Logitech PC controller button icons with hybrid PlayStation3/PC icons.
Logitech_F-series_Icons.tpf   Replaces Logitech PC controller button icons with Logitech F-*10 icons.
XBOX_to_Hybrid_Icons.tpf      Replaces XBOX controller button icons with PS3/PC hybrid icons.
XBOX_to_Logitech_Legacy_Icons.tpf     Replaces XBOX controller button icons with Logitech legacy icons.
XBOX_to_PS3_Icons.tpf         Replaces XBOX controller button icons with PS3 icons.

PIX4.png
Defense: XBOX controller displaying XBOX icons. Offense: Logitech controller displaying PS3 icons.

A couple of small items in the playbook diagram icon modifications did not work out exactly as I wanted them to.
In the offensive playbook diagrams shown during play selection when using a XBOX controller while displaying

PIX5.png
Defense: Logitech controller displaying Logitech F-series icons. Offense: XBOX controller displaying PS3 icons.

PIX6.png

Also, if you load two button icon packages, one to display icons using a Logitech compatible controller,
and another package to display icons using a XBOX controller, certain combinations cause a conflict.
Depending on the .tpf load order, for one of the players offensive play diagrams might show the wrong receiver icons.

The hybrid icon packages are intended for situations when there is one player who prefers the PS3 icons,
while the other player prefers the Logitech icons, and both controllers being used are of the same type.

Would there be any way that someone could make a PS3 and Xbox 360 Hybrid TPF?

EdgeForce141
All-Pro

Postby EdgeForce141 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:11 am

EdgeForce141 wrote:

TexMod package files

PIX4.png
Defense: XBOX controller displaying XBOX icons. Offense: Logitech controller displaying PS3 icons.

PIX5.png

PIX6.png

Would there be any way that someone could make a PS3 and Xbox 360 Hybrid TPF?

Or how would I go about making one? Im not very experienced with Texmod.

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:43 pm

EdgeForce141 wrote:Would there be any way that someone could make a PS3 and Xbox 360 Hybrid TPF?
Yes, but it takes several hours.

1) Design the new icon graphics.
2) Use TexMod to extract the affected icons & addresses.
3) Create the replacement graphics.
4) Use TexMod to create the Texmod Package File(s).
5) Debug/test and fix the problems.

For some reason my installation has started blowing up, so I need to reinstall MADDEN.
EdgeForce141 wrote:Or how would I go about making one? Im not very experienced with Texmod.
It's a tiny bit complicated, but there are good tutorials posted in this forum.

There should be two packages.
One to replace the XBOX icons, and a separate one to replace the Logitech icons.

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:24 pm

PLAYBOOK SELECTIONS
PSXHybridPlaybook.jpg
Logitech icons in playbook thumbnails replaced by PS3-XBOX hybrids.
The thumbnail replacements for the XBOX LB & RB icons will look a bit strange.
PSXHybridPlaybook.jpg (61.16 KiB) Viewed 3863 times

AUDIBLE OPTIONS
PSXHybridPlayOptions.jpg
It looks a bit cluttered, but I suppose that can't be helped.
PSXHybridPlayOptions.jpg (57.54 KiB) Viewed 3863 times

PLAY IN PROGRESS
PSXHybridPlay.jpg
Randy won't let me down.
PSXHybridPlay.jpg (122.33 KiB) Viewed 3863 times

Return to “Archive + Q&A”