Change Team's Default Stadium

A place for all old random modding threads.
Also, feel free to ask any questions here!
DrBrownsFan
MVP
Location: Akron, Ohio. Home of the 0-Time NCAA Champion University of Akron Zips! FEAR THE ROO!

Postby DrBrownsFan » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:16 am

I want to change the Colts so they play in the Cardinals' closed stadium (then I'm using the Lucas Oil .tpf to change that). What fields in what files do I have to change? Thanks!
I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. But I, and 4/5 trained apes, prescribe lichtental's extremely useful USEFUL LINKS thread.

*One grain of salt included in each prescription.

Sponsor

Sponsor

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Re: Change Team's Default Stadium

Postby NickyJ » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:58 am

I'm not certain, but you may be ale to do this in NZA's editor. Open the roster, go to the Stadiums tab, and set the Colts' stadium ID to the same ID as the Cardinal's closed stadium. At least, that's my best guess. :P

DrBrownsFan
MVP
Location: Akron, Ohio. Home of the 0-Time NCAA Champion University of Akron Zips! FEAR THE ROO!

Postby DrBrownsFan » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:28 pm

NickyJ wrote:I'm not certain, but you may be ale to do this in NZA's editor. Open the roster, go to the Stadiums tab, and set the Colts' stadium ID to the same ID as the Cardinal's closed stadium. At least, that's my best guess. :P

:oops: I'm looking in the DB editor and all that complex stuff, and the answer was right under my nose, one of the simplest things possible. Thanks Nick ;)
I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. But I, and 4/5 trained apes, prescribe lichtental's extremely useful USEFUL LINKS thread.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:15 pm

What I did was switched the ID to the Stadium of choice.

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:44 pm

If you just go to the "Stadiums" tab and only change the RCA Dome's stadium ID to that of Arizona (closed), then I think you may not get the option to play with the stadium open.

What I did was go to the "Teams" tab instead, and click on the Colts. There you'll see another option for the Colts' stadium ID, which I changed from 9 to 6. Save Changes.

Then I went to the "Stadiums" tab, and renamed the open Arizona stadium (ID #6) to "U of Phoenix / Lucas Oil Stadium" and it's team name to "Cards/Colts (Open)". Madden Editor doesn't accept any more characters btw. Save changes.

I then scrolled down to near the bottom to find the closed Arizona stadium (ID # 70) and also renamed it to "U of Phoenix / Lucas Oil Stadium", but renamed the associated team to "Cards/Colts (Clos)". That way, if you play a franchise, at least it won't say that the Colts are playing at home in Arizona.

The last thing I did was remove the old RCA Dome from the selection screen. Go back up to find the RCA Dome entry (stadium ID #9) and change the "Visible on Stadium selection screen?" value to "No".

Now when I play the Colts at home, I can choose to play in the open "Lucas Oil" or closed, and the old RCA Dome is but a distant memory... ;-)

DrBrownsFan
MVP

Postby DrBrownsFan » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:37 pm

pick6 wrote:If you just go to the "Stadiums" tab and only change the RCA Dome's stadium ID to that of Arizona (closed), then I think you may not get the option to play with the stadium open.

What I did was go to the "Teams" tab instead, and click on the Colts. There you'll see another option for the Colts' stadium ID, which I changed from 9 to 6. Save Changes.

Then I went to the "Stadiums" tab, and renamed the open Arizona stadium (ID #6) to "U of Phoenix / Lucas Oil Stadium" and it's team name to "Cards/Colts (Open)". Madden Editor doesn't accept any more characters btw. Save changes.

I then scrolled down to near the bottom to find the closed Arizona stadium (ID # 70) and also renamed it to "U of Phoenix / Lucas Oil Stadium", but renamed the associated team to "Cards/Colts (Clos)". That way, if you play a franchise, at least it won't say that the Colts are playing at home in Arizona.

The last thing I did was remove the old RCA Dome from the selection screen. Go back up to find the RCA Dome entry (stadium ID #9) and change the "Visible on Stadium selection screen?" value to "No".

Now when I play the Colts at home, I can choose to play in the open "Lucas Oil" or closed, and the old RCA Dome is but a distant memory... ;-)

Thank you! That was my next question; it's like you're psychic or something! :lol:

aerovirus
All-Pro

Postby aerovirus » Wed May 21, 2014 2:11 pm

DrBrownsFan wrote:
pick6 wrote:If you just go to the "Stadiums" tab and only change the RCA Dome's stadium ID to that of Arizona (closed), then I think you may not get the option to play with the stadium open.

Thank you! That was my next question; it's like you're psychic or something! :lol:

but I selected the Colts and the details of the stadium are Cardenals (sorry for my English, I used Google Translate)
I used DB Editor to add Lucas Oil Stadium (Add New Record) and keep RCA Dome

nfldude
Veteran

Postby nfldude » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:11 pm

Hello I'm new here and I have a question about this I hope someone will answer me. Using this same NZA's editor I had to change several default stadiums in the new 2018 roster file because they were causing my game to crash, the new stadiums wouldn't open. I advanced to the Superbowl game and now it makes my game crash because it won't load. The same thing for the pro bowl. My question is how do I change the stadium the default superbowl and probowl are played in??? I don't see them anywhere in the editor. Can someone help me with this please?? I should add that I need to change the superbowl default stadium from the Teams tab, it doesn't work when I change the stadium for the superbowls in the Stadium tab.

TIA,
David aka nfldude :mrgreen:

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:37 am

you can change the Stadiums in the Madden DB editor.. just select the roster ..open it up and find STAD. The Cardinals have the ability of University of Phoenix (open)SCLB#133...University of Phoenix (Closed)SCLB#133 or Tempe's Sun Devil SCLB#175
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:55 am

nfldude wrote:Hello I'm new here and I have a question about this I hope someone will answer me. Using this same NZA's editor I had to change several default stadiums in the new 2018 roster file because they were causing my game to crash, the new stadiums wouldn't open. I advanced to the Superbowl game and now it makes my game crash because it won't load. The same thing for the pro bowl. My question is how do I change the stadium the default superbowl and probowl are played in??? I don't see them anywhere in the editor. Can someone help me with this please?? I should add that I need to change the superbowl default stadium from the Teams tab, it doesn't work when I change the stadium for the superbowls in the Stadium tab.

TIA,
David aka nfldude :mrgreen:

Do you have the FF/FI Mod installed correctly?
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “Archive + Q&A”