Free Agent Pool

A place for all old random modding threads.
Also, feel free to ask any questions here!
BUS36
Hall of Fame

Free Agent Pool

Postby BUS36 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:59 pm

How can you get a Free Agent Pool in a Created Roster? One just like in the Default Roster?
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Free Agent Pool

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: Free Agent Pool

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:54 am

BUS36 wrote:How can you get a Free Agent Pool in a Created Roster? One just like in the Default Roster?

The FA pool in the default roster are real NFL players!

you could extract the FA pool from this Mod:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20698&hilit=free+Agent+Generator

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:16 am

Are you talking about with fictional players? What I did was create the teams, and nza's editor has an option to dump the players in the fa pool.

If you're talking your created players, you can create them in game assigning them as a free agent.

If you're talking about existing players in the game, use nza's editor or Madden amp to assign them as a free agent. But be sure they are tied to a formation sub.
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:49 am

KO'BBF wrote:
If you're talking about existing players in the game, use nza's editor or Madden amp to assign them as a free agent. But be sure they are tied to a formation sub.

Is that after you put them on a new team? If so, I thought as long as you re-order the depth charts manually, they'd be tied to subs! I was gonna delete all the real NFL players from my NBA franchises FA pool, then dump the default fictional teams into my mod's FA pool! But after I saw your mod, I just used the editor to imported your FA pool into the mod!

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:03 pm

If the Created roster does not have the Free Agent list in the game, you can release a player but the roster will not save. If you keep the original Madden roster add teams to it there is a Free Agent list of players.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:38 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
KO'BBF wrote:

Is that after you put them on a new team? If so, I thought as long as you re-order the depth charts manually, they'd be tied to subs! I was gonna delete all the real NFL players from my NBA franchises FA pool, then dump the default fictional teams into my mod's FA pool! But after I saw your mod, I just used the editor to imported your FA pool into the mod!

Oops!!! I should really proofread. Be sure it is NOT! tied to a formation sub.... on the team you are cutting him from.

I have had the game crash when I moved players with editors after I assigned them to a formation sub in the game. The game crashes when that formation tries to load
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:00 am

If your custom franchise does not have any FA's just paste the FFL FA pool into the bottom of your play table, no sorting or deleting required. Only don't forget no FA can have an existing contract! Since the FA pool has only 105, it didn't take long to remove them all!

The process was simple except deleting the FA's contracts. The FFL FA pool players had contracts that needed to be deleted before you contract them to any team in your custom team franchise. Open the FFL roster in NZA or DB Editor. Extract play table. Open the play table in excel, scroll to the last column and delete the number in the only cell (That's only for the cvs showing how many records are in the table)! Sort the table by TGID. Select only the TGID players with ID 1009 (FA). Copy only those rows and columns that have data. Open your custom team franchise in NZA or DB editor, export the play table. Open it in Excel, sort the table by TGID, select the players with ID 1009, delete them! Scroll to the bottom of the table, paste the FFL FA's into your custom team's franchise play table. Save, done!

Return to “Archive + Q&A”