The power of the dark side...

akilgour13
All-Pro

Postby akilgour13 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:47 pm

So for Father's Day my wife and kids decided that i needed an xbox 360 so that i could play Destiny(since it never looks like it's coming to pc). That is a subject for another forum.What i'm going to do here is describe my fall back into the dark side(i.e. console sports gaming). So i decided that i should get some of the Madden versions that i've missed along with APF 2k8 and check them out. Idk if anyone here has actually tried Madden 08 for 360,but it's not that bad actually,i wish it had been ported to pc instead of the ps2/xbox original version. Although i also just got around to putting the XV mod in my pc and that puts many of the later Maddens to shame graphically,so good job modding team! I have so far tried 08,09 demo,10, and 12 demo. I like 10 the best so far,and it was the highest rated Madden of that console generation i believe. Further reports from the dark side as i get time to actually get some game time in. I need to try the APF 2k8 with actual rosters b4 i can have an informed opinion but first impression is meh,i like NFL 2k5 better. Might just be the non licence thing, we will see.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Re: The power of the dark side...

Postby Austinmario13 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:55 am

You like madden 10 the best? I like Madden 12 the best. Although I do have a soft spot for '10 because it was the first game I got for the Xbox 360.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:33 pm

I would save up and buy a xbox one, you may get faster gameplay? I don't have one but usually if you wait about a year or more after its release the price will come way down by 30-45%. My motto is a little patience goes a long way....MS will work out all the software bugs and you'll get a better deal on a bundle around the end of the year / christmas time (maybe even black friday?) Just my opinion though.
However, you must have a great family to be getting you a console still for Father's day that's pretty great no matter what console.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

akilgour13
All-Pro

Postby akilgour13 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:21 pm

This 360 is my last console almost for sure even though microsoft and gamestop are giving 150$ trade value to purchase of xbone by trading in a 360 plus 40$ towards a game(s),pretty sweet deal...just wanted to play Destiny with my kids(that's adult children,they are all 21 or older) mostly,Titanfall,a couple others. Running it on a 22 inch flat screen lcd monitor with hdmi,and sound from powered speakers off the monitor's 3.5mm sound output jack ,looks pretty nice even compared to my Alienware running Titanfall. I'm not a rich guy btw lol my wife got the pc for me as a wedding present(i didn't skimp on the ring took me a year to pay for it on layaway lol) through her work's purchasing program.Now of course i'll end up getting an offer i can't refuse and end up with an xbone. This all started with an old x360 that went to college with my daughter after 3 years at home,she got a halo 4 one cause this old one ate an Elder Scrolls game. She dug it out of her room here while getting ready to move into her new place so i thought i'd try to get it to work right,evidently the cd tray drive belt which is just this little rubberband stretches and they won't eject right. I took it apart and boiled it in hot water for about 45 seconds to shrink it put it together and it works so i got Destiny and installed it. And bitched about the lack of hd space so they took care of that for me.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:12 pm

I've been able to resist the dark side. I actually haven't played a console game in over a year, and I haven't played regularly in several years. I just recently got a new PC, so I pretty much stick to PC games. Sorry Arkham Knight. At this pace, I shall never play you.

In fact, I've been strong enough to avoid most temptations. I don't buy consoles, I don't pre-order (unless it's a BioWare game. They still get to me), and I loathe microtransactions.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your 360. I do remember playing some pretty fun games on that console, though none of them were Madden games. I haven't played a new Madden since 08. If any of the older Maddens are half decent, and different enough from other Maddens, I may be convinced to, one day, in the far future, at a steep discount, buy one of them. Which ones are decent?
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:41 pm

Xanathol made a roster editor for Madden 12, and some Operation Sports users stole quite a few of the rosters/draft classes at this site and ported them over for 360.

Might be worth your while to check those out if you like M12.

akilgour13
All-Pro

Postby akilgour13 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:18 pm

Well Revan,i'm still getting some play time in,so far nothing better than 08 or 04 as gameplay goes,just all the bells and whistles extras (commentary,sideline detail,crowds,etc.),and the XV mod looks as good as or better in places,(uniforms and fields especially).I tried the demo for last years Madden 25 and didn't like it much...I'm still very partial to NFL 2K5 as far as the total package goes,that game just hits all my checkmarks,once i get some time to try the NFL rosters for APF 2K8 i may change my mind. Where the 360 beats pc so far for me is online multiplayer FPS,Titanfall,CoD (just about any one) and Halo(all).It's just much easier to find a game, PC Titanfall is about dead just over a year from release and the 360 version is bursting with players at all hours.The various CoD are hit and miss on pc for players depending on when i'm on,no problems finding a game on 360 so far. Halo on PC(1 and 2) are hit and miss for players especially 2,most Halo action is either Custom Edition (moddable) or Halo Online (that i won't say any more about). Halo on 360 is alive and well. Now i suppose eventually Microsoft will kill the 360 servers and then it kills the multiplayer. PC has one huge appeal to me and that is mods,for sports games it's past seasons and teams,old stadiums or in auto racing old cars,series and tracks,in sim games like IL2 Sturmovik it's added planes and campaigns,there is a huge community of modders just doing their thing,so i think i will always come back to my PC. Aaron thanks for that info,i will check it out.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:23 am

I guess it's good I've never cared for online FPS games. I don't care for any multiplayer, but FPS games seem to have especially toxic communities, and they don't control worth a crap without a mouse.
My Cowboys Journal

akilgour13
All-Pro

Postby akilgour13 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:19 pm

I'll agree with you on the toxic community part especially on console, and most people i know casually or friends agree that PC fps almost requires k&m,but i have mild carpal tunnel because of what i do for a living and a controller is much easier on my wrists and hands(they fall asleep) so i'm grateful for the gamepad option and xpadder and pinnacle for games without gamepad option,i'm willing to take the disadvantage to be able to play at all! Possibly the most toxic of all is a PC only game and that is League of Legends,famous for it's nasty players,which makes me sad,cause imo on average a PC gamer is older and should not be childish and nasty,lol!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:37 am

I simply cannot play any game except for racing and sports games without a keyboard and mouse. I need the pinpoint control a mouse provides. I will admit that, while I prefer keyboard for Madden, controllers work better than keyboard for most sports games. I can go either way with racing games, but controller is usually slightly better. If I'm playing an RPG, an FPS, or really any other kind of game, I need a mouse.
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “Madden Xbox”