Madden 12 rosters?

KO'BBF
MVP

Madden 12 rosters?

Postby KO'BBF » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:00 pm

I am looking for any roster for madden 12 for the playstation 3. I am looking for "classic" rosters only, and am not interested in any updated rosters. I am bored of the new stuff and am looking to quench my nostalgia thirst. 8-)
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

Madden 12 rosters?

Sponsor

Sponsor

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden 12 rosters?

Postby AaronS » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:54 am

There's quite a bit over at OS.

Most of the rosters here were ported ('86 with the draft classes, '95) I believe they ported the default rosters from 2005-2007

I'm working on 1994 right now. Think I'll have it up in a month or so.

.. Xbox though. Sounds like its easy enough to port from 360 to PS3 with the editor(s). Never used the encryptor for PS3 though. Not sure what hte steps would be.

Really struggling with the game play on 12. Lots of wonky stuff. LBs are super human and telepathic. Killing it in the running game with garbage backs. Nobody blocks in the return game. I think M25 is a better version at this point.

... also need to find out if the Playbook editor can be used. Those were done VERY poorly on the X360/PS3 gen.

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:26 pm

Over at OS I did find a 2002 roster that was complete. Each player was edited from an existing player so they all have career stats, and that kind of ruined the immersion for me.

I found the 86 roster and that was what I was most excited about. But when I download it, it wasn't the right format, or so I think?? to drop right in the game. I haven't tried the editor yet.

The other rosters I found were not really complete and that isn't what I'm looking for.

I am very interested in your 94 roster. Will it have real players for all 32 teams? And will they be edited players that will have career stats?

I have a few issues with 12, and I actually just bought 11 on ebay for $8 hoping to like it better. The real deal breaker for me on 12 is the fictional players in the franchise and the reassigning of player portraits.
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:46 pm

I have an extensive football library, and I have Lindy's Football Annuals all thru the 90s. With those I can provide you with undrafted free agents who played in nfl camps who were cut before the season started. You won't find none of that on the internet

I also have the entire wlaf rosters. If that helps to supplement your roster.

1995 would be a neat year to do because the Panthers and Jaguars already had a stocked roster, and that season I have an overflowing amount of college rosters.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:41 am

From my old projects, I had a full transaction list, so rosters are set as of training camp 1994, including a full FA list. NO EA/CPU players.

LOVE that in 12 the rosters can carry 75 players. So every team has at least 60 players, a handful are in the 70s.

I believe there is a way to set the rosters so none of the fake players are added in training camp? Haven't got that far yet..

Every player was built from scratch, same as I built the PC rosters. No stats as per the way I built the player IDs. I have historic stats for star players, but they have to be inserted into the franchise file.

Very slow going, unfortunately. Sorting through skin colors right now. Funny the little things that can be taken for granted. Thought I found a good way to blanket set them in, but the guys with long hair and corn rows threw everything off. Although I did get a great laugh out of Michael Irvin rocking it Sherman style.

I just went with fake players on the expansion teams. I set the schedules as per the seasons I play, so they don't play the other 28 teams. I also basically just run 1 year franchises pre-2002, dumping the relevant tables year to year, so for me, there's no need to populate the expansion teams.

.. I think the advantage of 11 is that after decrypting the file(s), the format is the same as PC. Lots to be said for that. But the lure of full rosters on 12 is just too much for me.

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:43 pm

Your 94 roster sounds too good to be true. I'll play it for sure when you are finished. Too bad about the fictional players though, I was hoping to play the franchise all the way through.

I totally agree about the 75 man rosters. But I am going to give 11 a ride and see if I can figure out the editor.

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:55 pm

But if you have all 28 teams with a full roster of real players, could I trade the overflow of real players to the expansion teams in the roster before I began my franchise?

1994 was a good year. I was playing 8th grade football and watching Boomer Esiason throw the Jets season away losing the last 5 in a row.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:22 pm

Yeah, I'm sure you could fill the expansion rosters that way. There should easily be enough players. I think the FA list was in the 300s also? I'd have to double check.

I was more excited to see how teams used the practice squad. Whether or not the A.I. was actually intelligent. (supposedly, EA at the time tried to roll in a bunch of stuff from Head Coach)

.. I think '90 is the best starting point for a franchise. So much can be done with the Cowboys, 9ers, Bills.. SO many HOFrs throughout the 90s Drafts. But man, that 1990 roster is just a hot mess. You could tell it wasn't made by anyone from this site. Fine if you just want to pick up the paddle.. but not even close to franchise ready. And I'd bet the farm it would crash in short order.

Let me know what you think of '11. Wouldn't take much to clean this roster up for use there.

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:05 pm

I thought there was a cap on how many players you could create. How did you get around that?

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:15 pm

I don't think there is a CAP limit.

I do think there is a roster limit in terms of a specific player number, believe I saw that in the DB Editor.. but so far no issues.

I believe my roster is at 2500 players.. Aside from the 'NFL Greats' in the roster, that's all CAPs, either generated with the Editor, or the way I copied and pasted players in the .csv file when I was getting started.

Return to “Madden Playstation”